06-21-09, 12:03 AM   #1
Jaffy
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Devilsaur Mount!

From the PTR 3.2 Patch Notes:

The ravasaur trainer Mor'vek has returned to Un'Goro and will offer to help Horde players raise and train a Venomhide Ravasaur as a mount... if they can survive the creature's deadly poison.
Hell yeah! I assume its going to be the like Wintersaber Trainer rep grind for the Winterspring Frostsaber. Un'Goro is gonna be packed come patch day...

Edit: I should have read the notes more clearly: It's not a devilsaur, its a ravasaur. Still, it's gonna be friggin amazing.

Last edited by Jaffy : 06-21-09 at 12:05 AM. Reason: dumbassniess
06-21-09, 04:35 AM   #2
Verissi
Premium Member

I'm very happy to see this finally implemented. After years of watching the NPC in Un'goro stare blankly back at me and hearing the promises of "we'll get to this eventually", I thought all hope was lost for ever seeing the promises fulfilled when he was removed in a patch. I'm now excited again and am looking forward to it, even if the grind is somewhat painful
06-21-09, 04:41 AM   #3
Miralen
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

Bah I wish they made this and the wintersaber rep interchangeable meaning that as an alliance I can do these as well as horde players and as horde I could do the wintersaber rep as well as alliance if I chose to go through the pain and heart ache of doing such a feat.

- Winston Churchill
06-21-09, 05:40 AM   #4
kasca
A Frostmaul Preserver
BAH!!!
Why is it Bliz plays up to hordies so much...
06-21-09, 08:09 AM   #5
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by kasca View Post
BAH!!!
As a 96% Alliance playing person, I gotta say.....after the run around for quite some time that Hordies have gotten about this mount and the NPC on Ungoro that they were told about, then it got removed etc etc....They deserve a unique mount that only they can get besides the normal race mounts.

And we as Ally have no room to gripe simply due to this....http://www.wowhead.com/?item=13086
06-21-09, 10:37 AM   #6
Verissi
Premium Member

BAH!!!
I've played both Alliance and Horde over the years and I can assure you that this notion is just not true. Both sides have advantages and disadvantages. There are things from Alliance that I wish Horde had and vice versa. Different factions are different.

In this case, the Wintersaber mount was available to Alliance for YEARS and Horde got nothing but an NPC that did nothing (but was supposed to be the counterpart) and a bunch of promises. I'm glad they are finally making good on those promises.
06-21-09, 11:03 AM   #7
Exius
A Murloc Raider

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
But, But, The horde wins BGs? Isn't that enough for you?! :P

Anyway, this is pretty cool. I'll make a mental note to stay out of Un'Goro and away from the swarming Horde that will kill me without a second thought.
06-21-09, 08:35 PM   #8
Torhal
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Verissi View Post
...and a bunch of promises. I'm glad they are finally making good on those promises.
For a minute there, I thought you were talking about Uldum and Azshara Crater.

Author of NPCScan and many other AddOns.
06-22-09, 02:32 AM   #9
Verissi
Premium Member

Originally Posted by Torhal View Post
For a minute there, I thought you were talking about Uldum and Azshara Crater.
Bah, don't remind me...now I'm sighing again

*returns the favour to Torhal and mentions Grim Batol too*
06-22-09, 05:02 AM   #10
kasca
A Frostmaul Preserver
hummm winter saber mount SUCKS! Brewfeast mount is now HORDE only. If we want one we have to hope it drops with a rate worse than the barons. Take a look at horde rewards for quests. Everytime i look for a upgrade it shows a horde reward.
06-22-09, 08:01 AM   #11
Verissi
Premium Member

hummm winter saber mount SUCKS! Brewfeast mount is now HORDE only. If we want one we have to hope it drops with a rate worse than the barons. Take a look at horde rewards for quests. Everytime i look for a upgrade it shows a horde reward.
Neither Brewfest mount is not Horde-only. Both drop from Coren Direbrew (as has been the case since the last iteration of Brewfest) and I can assure you that many, many Alliance have them both. I don't see how this "favours" Horde at all, since both factions have the same drop rate for both the Ram and Kodo from the same accessible holiday boss. Whether or not you like the Winterspring Frostsaber is irrelevent; the point is that it was available for a very long time with no counterpart for Horde, and should've been amended long ago as was promised.

As for quest rewards, it's situational. I have one of every class at or near 80 and sure, sometimes the Horde quest rewards are better for some of them, but there are also times when Alliance quest rewards are better. Again, different factions are different and, really, how long do we keep most of those quest rewards anwyay?

For the record, I would kill to have Dartol's Rod of Transformation Horde-side (nobody has seen my night elf druid outside of furbie form for years ) and am very thankful to have finally gotten access to a Sprite Darter pet after four years of only being able to get them on my Alliance characters. The factional differences are becoming more narrow as time goes on, but they'll always exist...and the few that remain are trivial in the grand scheme.
06-22-09, 10:53 AM   #12
Torhal
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Verissi View Post
Bah, don't remind me...now I'm sighing again

*returns the favour to Torhal and mentions Grim Batol too*
So, I'm not the only Evil One.

Author of NPCScan and many other AddOns.

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Chit-Chat » Devilsaur Mount!