07-29-08, 08:43 AM   #21
Shiny <3
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
well i used to have a 70 shadow priest and i always loved how the paladins used to aoe tank in the instances (as it saved alot of hastle and aggro problems). So i thought hmmmmm. But yeah i actually used wowmodelviewer and looked at the different attack styles for both draenei and bloodelves male and female. n decided female bloodelf fighting style was the best lol.
08-03-08, 04:19 AM   #22
GT4
A Fallenroot Satyr
As I've gone through like 6 mains in the last 3 years I'd say because I like to master as many classes as possible. Most of them were DW Melee classes(2 Rogues, 1 Fury Warrior, 1 Enhancement Shaman) because I love that "Berserker" style of play, to just rip through your enemies. Races are all races that look decent as female and have decent racials because I couldn't stand looking at a male or ugly ass all the time.
08-03-08, 05:54 AM   #23
aqvilifer
A Kobold Labourer

My first serious Character that I rolled, was a human rogue.

The reasons I picked human... *sigh*

I'm an RP nerd. :P
I love the warcraft lore, and the stuff related to the humans most of all.

Picked a rogue because... Well, who doesn't enjoy sneaking around and stabbing things?

After that....

Draenei Shaman.

Giant space goat, throwin' down totems and smacking things around.... Need I say more?
08-13-08, 02:16 AM   #24
lerb
A Frostmaul Preserver

Undeads til' the end!

Hell yeah, Undeads all the way! For they crazyass nice looks and for the awesome racials!

/Lerbiuz, Undead rogue of Daggerspine
08-13-08, 02:04 PM   #25
Vlad
A Molten Giant

I wanted to play a Shaman and Draenei were the only once with the class on the alliance side so I didn't have much choice.
08-13-08, 02:22 PM   #26
Slakah
A Molten Giant

My friends told me they had seen mages in BG put a shield around 10 people, and I blindly believed them.

Last edited by Slakah : 08-15-08 at 03:32 AM.
08-14-08, 01:15 PM   #27
Seiyu
A Kobold Labourer
Warlock because... I played a mage in beta, and ended up being more interested in my friend's warlock, so come Live I swapped. Gnome because my sister picked alliance, and gnome racials (expansive mind) seemed more caster friendly than the human ones.
08-15-08, 02:04 AM   #28
Fireproof213
A Cyclonian

I wanted a hunter, and I wanted it horde, and I hate orcs. So it was down to Tauren or Troll (pre-TBC). And since trolls look the coolest, I rolled troll. Regretted it ever since. Troll hunters fall under every stereotype out there on the interwebz.
08-15-08, 09:35 PM   #29
Ingensu
A Fallenroot Satyr

I chose hunter because I liked the idea of rolling with a pet, and at the time caster classes didn't really appeal to me (I've since started a mage and fell in love with it, haha). I went with a night elf because at the time, TBC hadn't been released, and I was never much for dwarves, which left me with night elf.

Of course I wish I mained a draenei hunter, but I don't have the patience to go through the leveling. So I'm settling for draenei alts in about every class, haha.
US - Stormrage
Goal: Level and gear one of every class. (2.5/10)
08-15-08, 10:50 PM   #30
SDPhantom
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Cool

I have a couple classes that were chosen because of historical value in the Warcraft game world.

I have a NE Druid, because I liked playing the race in WarCraft3. All the females were hunters and all the males were druids.

My BE lock, I made after the Blood Elf hero in the WarCraft3 expansion, Frozen Throne. Blood Mages were incredible, and I wanted to make something that resembled their power.
08-16-08, 07:43 AM   #31
Hhoky
A Fallenroot Satyr

I picked NE for my first char, the NE's were the prettiest to me. When my son first brought WoW to the family, we had decided to roll Ally together (he wanted to be able to fight and beat his teacher). I knew nothing about the game other than my son's friends and his Elementary teacher all played it. I chose Hunter because I figured if...I didnt get to know anyone in this werid game world at least I wouldnt be alone.
For most of my Hunter's lvl's, Till about 46 I believe, I fumbled my way around, was to shy to talk to people, got lost in strange places and finally figured out most of the games mechanics.
Since then I have met a ton people, made a guild ^.^ (go TSS you guys are the best people I know) and level'd up new chars too.
I fell in love with the stories and lore in WoW on both sides! I play for fun, have since day one, back before BC, maybe someday Ill take it serious and try raids, or other end game (for now) stuff, but prolly not ^.^

I have a NE Hunter (mostly my money maker/explorer new content gets done by her first :P)
A almost NE Priest (*shrug* I like the NE females still and starshards comes in handy, you can track a hidden rogue with those things LoL)
A Human Warrior (this chick is tough and gives me a lot of respect of what the humans have gone through)
A Gnome Mage (still weirds me out a bit when I play her...but I keep trying)
A 19 NE Druid (My Fave atm, Im loving WsG with her, which is weird, cuz I HATE WsG!)
A Draenie Shammy (*shrug* she has a tail)
And A BE priest (shes pretty, but no NE :P still I do like her)

I have tried many many toons, but scrapped them for one reason or another, still havent met a rogue I like, so I kill them off before lvl 20
I tried an Undead priest, I love the way they moved, their casting stances, and come on zombies are Fantastic and their story is perfect...but the emote voice got to me and I put her back in the ground....just too kreepy *shiver*

Last edited by Hhoky : 08-16-08 at 07:46 AM.
08-16-08, 01:12 PM   #32
xeross
An Aku'mai Servant

Picked warrior cus i like the meleeing, picked dwarf cus i had played the human begin twice and they look cool
08-16-08, 01:48 PM   #33
Lombra
A Molten Giant

Female human paladin because she is pretty (see avatar!) and because I played paladin in Diablo 2.
08-27-08, 03:13 PM   #34
Estelien
A Kobold Labourer
I chose Night elf, just because I like elves LOL
And since I'm not a big gamer and so don't like fighting that much, I wanted to be a healer. Somehow druid just felt right to me Now I'm simply LOVE my resto druid!
I also have a draenei shaman, because I wanted to explore a new race and because I loved the totems Shamans use. And I simply wanted something new.
On horde I have a bloodelf warlock. Elf again, just cause I like em. And warlock because I wanted a caster and I wanted to learn more about DoT's and CC.

Great to read all these stories btw
08-27-08, 03:31 PM   #35
Coly
A Murloc Raider
Tauren Druid, becuase taurens animations are made of win, Even the sitting animations rock! Druid becuase they're great hybrids!

I nearly went female, but thought better of it
08-28-08, 11:59 AM   #36
VagrantEsha
Token Werewolf Fan

Premium Member
Ooh, this is a fun thread.

When I first started playing Warcraft, I decided that I wanted to be a good guy. I didn't make assumptions and jump on the Alliance bandwagon, I actually researched the lore. And of all the races, the most placid, kind-hearted, good natured, and just generally the most we-give-a-damn race were the Tauren. Tauren have the Druid class too, and that suited me down to the ground because I'm a therian. I've played a number of Tauren Druids, and the only real variation I suppose was the patch-number of the game, and the gender of the Tauren.

Recently though, I've broken under pressure. There's just this attitude problem with the Horde that rubs me the wrong way, too many of them want to be the leetest, or whatever the word for that is today, there're so many loners and not very many people who believe in cammeraderie and co-operation. As much as I loved the Tauren, I found this an inhospitable atmosphere. It just seemed like many people picked Horde races because of the "Oh look, monsters! Rarr! I'm a monster! I'm going to smash your face into the ground! Monsters are jerks, right?" mentality. And this mentality was applied to the Tauren by many players who hadn't bothered to examine the lore at all. And that's a damn shame.

Because of this, these days I play a Night Elf. I can't say I like the race, the lore is very unappealing to me, but I am a Druid! So I spend most my time wandering around in Moonkin, Cat, or Travel form. The Alliance has all the cammeraderie I was looking for, but many days I find myself missing the Tauuren. If only things were reversed. :<
08-29-08, 03:16 AM   #37
Zyplon
A Murloc Raider
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Originally Posted by VagrantEsha View Post
When I first started playing Warcraft, I decided that I wanted to be a good guy. I didn't make assumptions and jump on the Alliance bandwagon, I actually researched the lore. And of all the races, the most placid, kind-hearted, good natured, and just generally the most we-give-a-damn race were the Tauren. Tauren have the Druid class too, and that suited me down to the ground because I'm a therian. I've played a number of Tauren Druids, and the only real variation I suppose was the patch-number of the game, and the gender of the Tauren.
:<
That is basically the same story as me :O
08-30-08, 10:39 PM   #38
Maelstrom
A Cyclonian
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Tauren Shaman And Orc Warrior
Tauren because they pwn faces and orc because they looked cool in t3
ahah
09-01-08, 03:31 AM   #39
Undel
A Murloc Raider

When I started playing I didn't even know that races had racials or anything about warcraft lore. I picked troll because I liked the mohawk

The Alliance has all the cammeraderie I was looking for, but many days I find myself missing the Tauuren. If only things were reversed. :<
That may not really be a horde/ally problem so much as a server attitude that's prevalent on one faction. I'm a part of several different servers and its interesting because on some servers, the Alliance come off as elitist jerks and on others its the horde. If you really want to play Tauren, a server hop might be right up your alley :-)

Last edited by Undel : 09-01-08 at 04:04 AM.
09-06-08, 03:53 PM   #40
Mighty1
A Kobold Labourer
Talking Paladin, ofc ;)

I chose a blood elf paladin!

Why, because they are one of the races with most intellect, but most because of their "Mana Tap" and "Arcane Torrent"

Total pwn! <3

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Class Discussions » Why did you pick your race and class?