07-02-16, 05:13 AM   #1
Kith
A Murloc Raider
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
"Pandemic" Mechanic in Legion

Hey all,

I'm currently working on the tracking of Auras for my tracking mod, and i'm at a bit of an empasse in regards to updating the remaining duration when refreshed. At the moment i'm using the COMBAT_LOG_EVENT_UNFILTERED to track the aura applied, refreshed and removed sub-events to start/stop the timers, then waiting on a UNIT_AURA scan to populate the full information (ie, duration) given that is unavailable from the combat log.

My issue comes in with the refresh of an existing dot; for a hot or something thats targeted a unit_aura event fires immediately and I can grab the new data and update the timers accordingly, my issue is for the rare cases where there is no implicit unit_aura (requiring either a scan of all potential unitIDs or simply waiting til data is available). Is there a way I can find out, ahead of time, whether a particular DoT is going to be affected by the 'pandemic mechanic' (up to 130% of original duration) vs only resetting back to the initial?

My only thoughts on that so far is to build an internal cache that can learn over time by seeing if a refreshed dot ever gets an original duration greater than its initial and remembering that til the next patch (things may change then), but being able to do it on the fly would be preferred, and a lot less messy.

I saw some news a while back that -all- hots and dots are meant to be pandemic'd in legion, but that seems not to be the case at the moment, either through bugs or intentionally. Does anybody have any further news I may have missed with regards to this as well? (if its only bugs and everything -should- pandemic, I can just 'guess' the new duration on a refresh and wait for confirmation from unit_aura).

Thanks

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Archived Beta Forums » Legion Beta archived threads » "Pandemic" Mechanic in Legion