08-31-10, 10:06 PM   #1
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Addons Enabled in Cataclysm Beta

With today's beta patch, Blizzard has enabled the usage of addons in the Cataclysm beta. So this is a reminder that when you have your addon ready for beta testing in the expansion, upload it to our Cataclysm Beta download category and then be sure to check back in our Cataclysm Beta forum for possible feedback.

Also, if you are an author and haven't already done so, be sure to check and see if you are eligible to sign up for our beta key give-away.

[Edit] We have added a Cataclysm [beta] Addon Only New & Updated listing to the Community Tab. It has an RSS feed as well. As well, we've put together our Survival Guide for Cataclysm. ~ 7 Sept 10

Last edited by Cairenn : 09-07-10 at 01:06 PM.
09-01-10, 05:50 AM   #2
Ravendwyr
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I'm in ur beta, fixin' mah bugs.
09-01-10, 06:40 AM   #3
Izealia
is the sign-up thingie a hint to more beta keys incoming?
09-01-10, 02:08 PM   #4
Nefrirr
A Cyclonian

Nice to hear that addons are finally back in the beta. Can't wait to test my new addon features. Too bad, I'm not in, yet. On the other hand, I'm quite happy that I'm not, since I have quite a lot of work to do atm and cataclysm would probably distract me quite a lot. *g*

Originally Posted by Izealia View Post
is the sign-up thingie a hint to more beta keys incoming?
At the very least it means that Blizzard didn't say "okay, that was the last batch, we have enough code monkeys in the beta".

Based on this statement alone, I wouldn't make any assumptions about a guarantee for additional keys or even an ETA, if I were you. But probably you realized this yourself and just tried to get some more info out of Cairenn. Am I right? ;-)
09-03-10, 10:07 AM   #5
MysticalOS
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

DBM isn't as broken as i expected it to be, some invisible text bugs, but otherwise all mods already work. and obviousy the talent checks looking for 51 point talents isn't working heh. some minor combat log enhancements that could be of interesting use The dungeon mods for cata 5 mans is mostly done already for normal mode but I'll wait til teh actual core bugs are fixed before putting it here. Invisible text makes configuring stuff pretty annoying

Edit: I fixed talent scanning at least stumpped on GUI invisible text right now, it's not throwing up lua errors, but text is invisible.

Last edited by MysticalOS : 09-03-10 at 02:00 PM.
09-06-10, 06:25 PM   #6
ezarra
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by MysticalOS View Post
text is invisible.
Maybe it's a feature?
09-07-10, 09:50 PM   #7
MysticalOS
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Originally Posted by ezarra View Post
Maybe it's a feature?
from what debugging i can see i honestly think it's just framexml being broken.

but besides invisible text everything actually works. we even got working cataclysm dungeon mods already http://www.deadlybossmods.com/phpbb3...php?f=1&t=2655

just haven't uploaded here yet cause invisible text makes for interesting configuration will see how that goes in next cata build.
09-08-10, 03:23 AM   #8
Dridzt
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Just a small nitpick.

TourGuide needs to be removed from the Survival Guilde since it's payware and not available to the public.
09-08-10, 04:10 AM   #9
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Could have fooled me: http://www.wowinterface.com/download...TourGuide.html. It would probably be useful to actually check up before you make claims like that.
"There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well, and that's be you-- be what you're like-- be like yourself. And so I'm having a wonderful time, but I'd rather be whistling in the dark..."
09-08-10, 06:40 AM   #10
xandora
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

He's probably thinking of how Zygor Guides acquired(?) TourGuide a little while ago.
09-08-10, 06:43 AM   #11
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Yes, but he failed to actually look at the state of things. TourGuide is freely available, and there was only a short period of time that it was unavailable. Just don't like people dredging things up or making comments that aren't true =)
"There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well, and that's be you-- be what you're like-- be like yourself. And so I'm having a wonderful time, but I'd rather be whistling in the dark..."
09-08-10, 06:50 AM   #12
xandora
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Fair enough.
09-08-10, 06:56 AM   #13
Torhal
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by xandora View Post
He's probably thinking of how Zygor Guides licensed TourGuide a little while ago.
You seemed unsure of the term, so I fixed it for you.

Author of NPCScan and many other AddOns.
09-08-10, 10:35 AM   #14
Dridzt
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Cladhaire View Post
Yes, but he failed to actually look at the state of things. TourGuide is freely available, and there was only a short period of time that it was unavailable. Just don't like people dredging things up or making comments that aren't true =)
Relax... I'm not checking on TourGuide daily...
I checked on it sometime during the summer, it was nowhere to be found on this site or tekkub's
and a quick search showed Zygor threatening to sue wow-pro?
From http://tekkub.net/2010/02/17/zygor.html
Originally Posted by tekkub
So I contacted Zygor back and we struck a deal.
That deal is thus: I have licensed all rights relating to TourGuide, as is, to Zygor.
They are free to distribute it however they wish, at their request I have taken down my free versions.
Now come again?

Edit: I just came late for the party and I missed the drama..
I wasn't looking to start something, if TG is back for the general public good, I'm a user myself.

Last edited by Dridzt : 09-08-10 at 05:22 PM.
09-09-10, 06:10 AM   #15
instant
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
The Cata category means you have to upload it as a new addon though, or is it possible to link it to a current addon you have?

The reason I am asking is that I did an update on one of my addons and its working with both 3.x and 4.x clients, so I'd rather update my current and keep the history than make a new one.
09-09-10, 10:11 AM   #16
Luzzifus
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

Originally Posted by instant View Post
The Cata category means you have to upload it as a new addon though, or is it possible to link it to a current addon you have?

The reason I am asking is that I did an update on one of my addons and its working with both 3.x and 4.x clients, so I'd rather update my current and keep the history than make a new one.
I just wanted to ask the same thing. I'd love to see a "works with Cataclysm"-tag for existing addons like there is one for 3.3.
09-09-10, 08:32 PM   #17
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
That will be coming closer to release. For now, feel free to upload a second copy of your addon if you wish. Or you can just put up a thread in the Cataclysm forum about your addons that are working.

We'll clean up the Beta download category sometime after Cata gets released, deleting duplicates that have been updated on their main page and moving the new addons to the proper categories.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

09-13-10, 10:52 PM   #18
MysticalOS
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

btw there is a cataclysm xperl branch

http://www.wowace.com/addons/xperl/r...files/41-r383/

it's not officially maintained by zek though. it's mostly me and joddie replacing all the depreciated code. but none the less it works. i'm sure zek will merge it into trunk when it's gotten enough testing. works on live too, has compatiblity code in it.
09-14-10, 01:20 AM   #19
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Originally Posted by MysticalOS View Post
it's not officially maintained by zek though. it's mostly me and joddie replacing all the depreciated code. but none the less it works. i'm sure zek will merge it into trunk when it's gotten enough testing. works on live too, has compatiblity code in it.
Just a nit-pick of mine, but:

Deprecated is a term in computer software that indicates a feature is no longer officially supported even if it still exists and may eventually be removed altogether. Deprecated is often misspelled 'depreciated' which is a financial term. Depreciated is the adjective form of depreciation, a financial concept whereby assets with finite lives lose value over time.
09-27-10, 01:53 PM   #20
Slakah
A Molten Giant

It might be useful if Cata AddOns were more easily identifiable i.e. automatically add a image next to it in a similar vain to the tag so people aren't forced to suffix (Cataclysm) to their addon name.

WoWInterface » Site Forums » News » Addons Enabled in Cataclysm Beta