01-29-11, 02:51 AM   #1
senan
A Kobold Labourer
help me destroy this frame!

I have no clue where its coming from, but i want it to not exist anymore. not sure where to even begin looking to rectify this problem. blank red bar pops up during dungeons/raid boss fights so im led to believe it's related to that specifically. i dont mind having the reg. boss health frames up since they can be semi-useful ,but the blank red bar is really irritating me everytime i see it.

If you notice in bottom left chat frame- there's the framestack report when the area is moused over.

UI is mainly Rufio classic -http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info18074-RufioUIClassic.html-(not most recent update,which i dont use for other unrelated reasons) the only additional addons enabled in screenshot arre Clique, Debuff filter, Arkinventory and MoveAnything.

thanks for any help!
01-29-11, 07:29 AM   #2
Soulofsin_007
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Try typing /framestack in game.
01-29-11, 09:23 AM   #3
Ketho
A Pyroguard Emberseer

afaik it's just the Quest Objectives Tracker as the name already suggests ..

No idea what screwed that frame over though o.O
01-29-11, 02:59 PM   #4
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Soulofsin_007 View Post
Try typing /framestack in game.
Definitely, but then you must place your cursor over the offending bar to see what it is from / for in the window that command opens. Type it again to close the window.
01-29-11, 03:47 PM   #5
Cralor
Mmm... cookies!!!

Originally Posted by Ketho View Post
afaik it's just the Quest Objectives Tracker as the name already suggests ..

No idea what screwed that frame over though o.O
Hmm.. to me it seems like that's just coming up becomes that's where the Quest Tracker is anyway. I don't believe that has anything to do with this "red thing". Way too different
01-29-11, 05:05 PM   #6
aiikachi
A Cyclonian

Originally Posted by Cralor View Post
Hmm.. to me it seems like that's just coming up becomes that's where the Quest Tracker is anyway. I don't believe that has anything to do with this "red thing". Way too different
Indeed, mousing over a invisible frame will still list it in framestack. I would personally guess it's related to the boss frames. The only thing I can suggest is disabling your addons one by one to see if any of them are the cause.
02-23-11, 06:46 AM   #7
KazEitrigg
A Defias Bandit
I signed up just to be able to post in this thread.

Did you find what was causing it?
I am having the same problem and its absolutely horrible in fights with multiple bosses as the red bars covers a huge part of my screen.

I have quite a few addons and they only show up at bosses so I've had no reasonable way to test.

This definitely happened when I updated my addons when 4.0.6 came out. I just wish I knew which one.

I thought maybe it was pitbull but they usually allow those frames to be moveable or selected at least when I have them unlocked.

/framestack gave me the same results... I thought framestack is supposed to show everything. =/

Anyone else besides OP and me have this issue?
02-23-11, 08:11 AM   #8
nightcracker
A Molten Giant

To show invisible frames in the framestack type "/framestack 1", without the quotes.

Framestack shows FRAMES btw, not all regions, for example it doesn't show textures (which I think is the problem).

Try disabling addons one by one and find the addon causing the issue.
02-23-11, 12:29 PM   #9
Ailae
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

I think nightcracker means "/framestack true". :P
02-23-11, 05:34 PM   #10
KazEitrigg
A Defias Bandit
Unfortunately these bars only show up on bosses (and sometimes they don't for the same boss!). It's going to take awhile if I have to turn one off one by one or even a small batch, especially when I can only do so when I am with 24 other players. I tried turning off some addons yesterday without knowing what to expect as we engaged the boss, had some bad repercussions. For example, had some weird bars show up smack in the middle, had a trouble avoiding fire and shadow crashes at Cho'gall.

I tried the boss dummy in org to try to force it to come up, it definitely is a boss trigger thing but nothing happened.

I am definitely going to give /framestack true the next time though.

Thanks for the quick explanation and responses.

Last edited by KazEitrigg : 02-23-11 at 05:40 PM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » help me destroy this frame!