10-04-11, 04:05 PM   #21
realista69
A Murloc Raider
Would there perhaps be any other suggestion to circumvent/ modify the targeting for a certain player, tank or dps? Something perhaps similar or better than the coding below:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
local tank = oUF:Spawn('header', 'oUF_MainTank')

tank:SetManyAttributes('showRaid', true, 'groupFilter', 'MAINTANK', 'yOffset', -5)

tank:SetPoint('BOTTOMRIGHT', UIParent, 'BOTTOMRIGHT',-10, 20)

tank:Show()

local assist = oUF:Spawn('header', 'oUF_MainAssist')

assist:SetManyAttributes('showRaid', true, 'groupFilter', 'MAINASSIST', 'yOffset', -5)

assist:SetPoint('BOTTOM', tank, 'TOP', 0, 10)

assist:Show()
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Even if there were a way to rotate the players in your group so you can refocus on them, in this sense you would at least be able to switch targets faster. Addons like oRA2 below:

http://www.wowace.com/addons/simpletankframes/

I did take a look at Clique and it was very close to what I was hopeful this add on could do, even if you have to choose your targets on the fly it seemed to be somewhat similar.

Last edited by realista69 : 10-04-11 at 04:12 PM.
10-04-11, 08:38 PM   #22
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Blizzard locked down a lot when 1.10 and 2.0 hit back in 2006. You can't rearrange a group in combat. Again, that would allow someone to just click in one spot on their screen and let an addon determine which unit should get a heal, for example. Blizz *really* wants the players to make these types of decisions - "UI, not AI".

Anything you wish to do with this addon will need to adhere to the restrictions Blizzard has imposed.

Here is a list of valid UnitIDs: http://www.wowpedia.org/UnitId
More info on what is restricted (from the 2.0.1 changes on wowpedia): http://www.wowpedia.org/Patch_2.0.1/...Protected_Code
Here is some information on the secure templates: http://wowprogramming.com/docs/secure_template
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

10-05-11, 02:18 AM   #23
SDPhantom
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Rilgamon View Post
No, there is the role "maintank" but no unitid. At least not that I know.
I thought I saw it in official patch notes somewhere, but I don't remember what patch and Blizzard has been known to list changes and neglect to actually put them in the associated patch.
10-05-11, 10:17 AM   #24
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
The bosses now have IDs (if it's a fight that displays the boss frames)... I don't remember about the tanks...
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

10-06-11, 01:29 AM   #25
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I don't think there's a MT id, you have to find out who it is through other means.

Code:
local raidID = UnitInRaid(UnitID)
local _, _, _, _, _, _, _, _, _, raidInfo = GetRaidRosterInfo(raidID)
if raidInfo == 'MAINTANK' then
10-06-11, 11:47 AM   #26
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
That's what I was thinking. And then, since they're obviously in your group, you can use their name as the UnitID which means you can also append 'target' to the end.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Looking for help in designing and creating a awesome addon