09-06-12, 03:23 PM   #301
Xcari
A Fallenroot Satyr
Rythal, thanks so much for the Carbonite fix. For others who might not know how to show appreciation by donating via Paypal, there is a very clear and easy step-by-step process on this web page:
https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/send-money-online

09-06-12, 06:12 PM   #302
tmy880
A Kobold Labourer
Question

Any updates for this for MAC yet?

09-06-12, 06:42 PM   #303
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by tmy880 View Post
There is absolutely no difference between an addon on a Mac, and the same addon on a PC. They are the exact same addon. Addons are "operating system indifferent".

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

09-06-12, 08:41 PM   #304
mcr0060
A Kobold Labourer
thank you for the update I have been using it and so far so good. keep up the good work

09-06-12, 09:28 PM   #305
Haggisdog
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Thumbs up Yay!

I've been checking Curse and WowInterface everyday for an update since the patch and only just now thought of checking the forum!

I love Carbonite and have a hard time playing without it (is there anything that is nearly as good?). I did pay for a year long subscription when it first came out and its good to see that there is some development effort being directed to this. Thanks for sharing this!

09-06-12, 11:26 PM   #306
Wyldekat
A Murloc Raider
Smile My hat is off...

... to Rythal and all the rest who have been helping out our gaming community. Well done. There's always a period of adjustment after an expansion and it's preload of patches, and we'll continue to suffer the occasional setbacks and user confusion, but with the kind of cohesive support and assistance we see happening here, we'll all weather it fine.

I see many hands reaching out here... a nice contrast to some of the not-so-honorable acts I see displayed from time to time within the game. Again, kudos to you all.

Now for my question: I noticed that the Hunter tracking doesn't seem to be showing on the maps now. Am I missing a check or addition somewhere? Is it a bug that just needs to be worked out? Has anyone else noticed a problem with it? My appologies if this question has already been answered, and I missed it.

Thank you again.
Wyldekat
85 BeastMaster, Kel'Thuzad

09-07-12, 01:55 AM   #307
sophiemj
A Defias Bandit
Thumbs up

thanks you saved my day !

09-07-12, 05:41 AM   #308
HamarSkald
A Defias Bandit
I think earlier, Rythal was asking about places that showed up blank on the map... I have found two: Wyrmrest Temple and the Ebon Hold (DK starting area).

I also want to say thanks! I really appreciate all of the work you are doing to update Carbonite.

09-07-12, 08:57 AM   #309
Dman24
A Murloc Raider
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Hey all I've been using Carbonite for many many years now and Rythal what you've been doing, I just wanted to say thanks, also I've noticed many bugs over the past few days (even after the fixes).

1st bug is in the starting zones atleast Tauren and Orc i've seen is the map transparency is that it looks as if the zone is completely zoned out but see the quest area and where you have to go to complete the quest etc. when i put my cursor over it i see the map like i normally do when i'm in Org, Dal or anywhere else.

2nd bug is if i go into a cave or tunnel of sort the map loses my location and shows me running all over azeroth as if i'm quickly traveling over a large area. If i stop moving it then finds me and shows where i am but at times it can just stay like that.

3rd bug (and its been around for a long long time) is if i'm in an instance of sorts, DM, HoT, ZA, ZG etc. the map is completely zoomed out and i have to zoom in to see the instance map, but when i finish the instance and zone into Org my map is completely zoomed in and have to zoom back out to the normal zoom.

4th bug certain BG's Alterac Valley & Isle of Conquest i've noticed there is no map and thus have to use Alt+M and use the standard map in those BG's

5th bug the carbonite map no longer shows mining or herb nodes and i have to make the minimap (my little square block on carbonite's map) and make it larger if i'm farming herbs or ore.

I took the sceenshots but didn't want to spam up the forum so here's a link to them all. (they're all zipped up since theres like 7 screenshot) http://tiny.cc/p2s9jw

Again thanks and hopefully these bugs will be fixed

09-07-12, 09:13 AM   #310
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Originally Posted by Dman24 View Post
Hey all I've been using Carbonite for many many years now and Rythal what you've been doing, I just wanted to say thanks, also I've noticed many bugs over the past few days (even after the fixes).

1st bug is in the starting zones atleast Tauren and Orc i've seen is the map transparency is that it looks as if the zone is completely zoned out but see the quest area and where you have to go to complete the quest etc. when i put my cursor over it i see the map like i normally do when i'm in Org, Dal or anywhere else.
There is no map for those zones anymore. Blame blizzard deciding to make them separate from the world. It was either have quest trackers break and say your 60000 yds from objective, flood the map with "city" style maps, or leave it.

3rd bug (and its been around for a long long time) is if i'm in an instance of sorts, DM, HoT, ZA, ZG etc. the map is completely zoomed out and i have to zoom in to see the instance map, but when i finish the instance and zone into Org my map is completely zoomed in and have to zoom back out to the normal zoom.
It's a limitation of the system, an instace might be scaled at a rate of 0.4yds and the map needs to be zoomed to see it, the regular world is scaled at a rate of ~6 yds.. some instances might even be really small and scale at ~11 or ~12yds.. the game does not give information on what the scale is so there is no auto setting it.

4th bug certain BG's Alterac Valley & Isle of Conquest i've noticed there is no map and thus have to use Alt+M and use the standard map in those BG's
Are they truely gone, or are you just saved at old map locations, try turning on the "Follow You" Map option while in the BG to see if it's just moved.

5th bug the carbonite map no longer shows mining or herb nodes and i have to make the minimap (my little square block on carbonite's map) and make it larger if i'm farming herbs or ore.
I was planning on trying to fix this over this weekend, bringing the newer POI's the minimap displays into the carbonite map (carbonite's options are quite outdated for what it thinks the minimap might display)... but, someone has mentioned to me they heard from the original authors and we might have a real release this weekend, and i'm not sure I want to put more hours into something that will be dead in the water when the real devs finally release one.

09-07-12, 09:23 AM   #311
iggybo
A Defias Bandit
Unhappy Weird minimap problem

I'm having a weird problem with my minimap. When I mouse over the mini I see everything fine, but when I take the mouse away it turns all yellow. I have messed around with all the transparency settings to no avail. My wife also uses Carbonite (updated to your latest build) and does no have this problem. Is it a setting I am missing somewhere?? I am attaching pics to show my problem.

P.S. HUGE thanks for updating this addon!!! You are the best!

09-07-12, 09:31 AM   #312
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Originally Posted by iggybo View Post
I'm having a weird problem with my minimap. When I mouse over the mini I see everything fine, but when I take the mouse away it turns all yellow. I have messed around with all the transparency settings to no avail. My wife also uses Carbonite (updated to your latest build) and does no have this problem. Is it a setting I am missing somewhere?? I am attaching pics to show my problem.

P.S. HUGE thanks for updating this addon!!! You are the best!
It's the area your in / zoom level, as I mentioned above start area's have no overlay map... you need to either zoom in enough the detailed map shows up or zoom out enough the zone map it's attached to pops up. Playing with the slider controlling what level of zoom detail pops up should help too

09-07-12, 11:49 AM   #313
iggybo
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Rythal View Post
It's the area your in / zoom level, as I mentioned above start area's have no overlay map... you need to either zoom in enough the detailed map shows up or zoom out enough the zone map it's attached to pops up. Playing with the slider controlling what level of zoom detail pops up should help too
Ok. Thank you!! Sorry didn't see the other response.

09-07-12, 01:04 PM   #314
LiriusMagi
A Murloc Raider

The only problem I am having is with my map/mini map. It just freezes when I use it, and I can't see outside that zone. It doesn't even show my character marker.

When I try and zoom out, I can't see any of the rest of the world map. It doesn't show icons (like where a mailbox is). And when I run carbonite to start up, I get this:

Date: 2012-09-07 13:09:54
ID: 1
Error occured in: Global
Count: 1
attempt to call global 'GetNumRaidMembers' (a nil value)
Debug:
(tail call): ?
[C]: GetNumRaidMembers()
Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:1163: OP__3()
Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:13047: h()
Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:12313: NXOnEvent()
[string "*:OnEvent"]:1:
[string "*:OnEvent"]:1
Locals:
None
AddOns:
Swatter, v4.0.1 (<%codename%>)
AtlasLootLoader, vv7.00.01
Babylonian, v5.1.DEV.312(/embedded)
BGSpy, v1.2.1
Carbonite, v4.301
CarboniteTransfer, v1.01
Configator, v5.1.DEV.330(/embedded)
DBMCore, v
Decursive, v2.7.1.1
Gatherer, v4.0.1
HealBot, v5.0.4.4
LightwellBuddy, v5.0.1.201
Recount, v
SlideBar, v4.0.1 (<%codename%>)
BlizRuntimeLib_enUS v5.0.4.50001 <us>
(ck=187)

And I have no idea what that means...

Last edited by LiriusMagi : 09-07-12 at 01:11 PM.

09-07-12, 03:27 PM   #315
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Originally Posted by LiriusMagi View Post
The only problem I am having is with my map/mini map. It just freezes when I use it, and I can't see outside that zone. It doesn't even show my character marker.

When I try and zoom out, I can't see any of the rest of the world map. It doesn't show icons (like where a mailbox is). And when I run carbonite to start up, I get this:

Date: 2012-09-07 13:09:54
ID: 1
Error occured in: Global
Count: 1
attempt to call global 'GetNumRaidMembers' (a nil value)
Debug:
(tail call): ?
[C]: GetNumRaidMembers()
Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:1163: OP__3()
Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:13047: h()
Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:12313: NXOnEvent()
[string "*:OnEvent"]:1:
[string "*:OnEvent"]:1
Locals:
None
AddOns:
Swatter, v4.0.1 (<%codename%>)
AtlasLootLoader, vv7.00.01
Babylonian, v5.1.DEV.312(/embedded)
BGSpy, v1.2.1
Carbonite, v4.301
CarboniteTransfer, v1.01
Configator, v5.1.DEV.330(/embedded)
DBMCore, v
Decursive, v2.7.1.1
Gatherer, v4.0.1
HealBot, v5.0.4.4
LightwellBuddy, v5.0.1.201
Recount, v
SlideBar, v4.0.1 (<%codename%>)
BlizRuntimeLib_enUS v5.0.4.50001 <us>
(ck=187)

And I have no idea what that means...
You didn't install the fan update right, I can tell because GetNumRaidMembers does not exist anywhere in the fan update since blizzard got rid of it.

09-07-12, 04:18 PM   #316
TigerBoi77
A Defias Bandit
Really Appreciate The Fan Update

Rythal,

Thank you so much for doing a fan update of Carbonite. I would have gone crazy without the addon. I however have noticed that some of the quests have extra blank objective listings i.e. quest called Breaking The Code where you need to get the bug brain. Also, my frame rates are jumping all over the place from 50 to 82 at all times. Not sure if that has anything to do with the addon or not but did not happen before I installed it and I am not about to not use the addon either.... Any suggestions?

Thanks again,
TigerBoi77

09-07-12, 05:11 PM   #317
Xcari
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by tmy880 View Post
I am a Mac user, and the update developed by Rythal works perfectly. (iMac Intel Core i5 2.7 ghz processor, 4 gb memory; OS 10.8.1)

Everyone should show their thanks to Rythal with at least a small contribution via Paypal - it's easy! https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/send-money-online gives step by step instructions. Paypal donations should be sent to email address [email protected]

Having Rythal's update has been great!

Last edited by Xcari : 09-07-12 at 05:25 PM.

09-08-12, 02:34 AM   #318
Knaur
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Party Sharing of quests

Hello, and a BIG thank you for this fan update, i love it

I have an small problem when i play with my wife,
i cant seem to get the quests to share anymore,
with the fan updates, my own quests comes up but none of my wife,s.
is it any setting i may have missed? the show party quests option is enabled in the list

We have both the latest rev of fan update installed.

Everything else works as a dream, so again, thank you very much for
this elite update

Kindly regards Stig from Norway

09-08-12, 10:36 AM   #319
Baradiel
A Murloc Raider

Problems with my Carbonite

First of all, thank you for updating this addon, since everyone says it's working for them.

Question #1, What do i do with the old carbonite addon, do i remove all of it? their name is:
Carbonite
CarboniteItems
CarboniteNodes
CarboniteTransfer

I think this is only me because i never see someone complaining about it, I was thinking about removing all the old carbonite addons, and i did, then i put the only folder that you gave us on the addon folder of world of warcraft and when i go in-game, when i press "M" to see the map, nothing happens, and i never get any LUA errors. Maybe this is happening because i removed all the old carbonite addons, please tell me what to do.

09-08-12, 10:41 AM   #320
Knaur
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Originally Posted by Baradiel View Post
First of all, thank you for updating this addon, since everyone says it's working for them.

Question #1, What do i do with the old carbonite addon, do i remove all of it? their name is:
Carbonite
CarboniteItems
CarboniteNodes
CarboniteTransfer

I think this is only me because i never see someone complaining about it, I was thinking about removing all the old carbonite addons, and i did, then i put the only folder that you gave us on the addon folder of world of warcraft and when i go in-game, when i press "M" to see the map, nothing happens, and i never get any LUA errors. Maybe this is happening because i removed all the old carbonite addons, please tell me what to do.
You keep the original addon, and put the files in this zip into the carbonite folder, to overwrite the original files, then it works for you

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Carbonite 5.04