03-11-17, 04:43 AM   #1
Imiona
A Defias Bandit

Replace Default WOW Sound

Hello

I would like to know if someone can tell me how i can replace a WoW Sound with my Custom one.

I would like to replace the "ui_alert_achievementgained" Sound with the new one, i already have the File (ogg. Format), but how do i get the Game to use it? Google told me i have to make a Sound Folder in the WOW Folder and put it in there, but it doesnt work :/

How does this work?

Thx
03-11-17, 11:16 AM   #2
Kanegasi
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
What you googled is correct, however, you need to put that sound in the exact file path as found in the game files. You'll need a CASC program and a listfile to search for your sound in the game files, then make the folders in the Sound folder to match. For example, silencing Rhonin in old Dalaran would have files in Sound\Creature\Rhonin
03-11-17, 11:45 AM   #3
Imiona
A Defias Bandit

Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
What you googled is correct, however, you need to put that sound in the exact file path as found in the game files. You'll need a CASC program and a listfile to search for your sound in the game files, then make the folders in the Sound folder to match. For example, silencing Rhonin in old Dalaran would have files in Sound\Creature\Rhonin
I thought i already had the sound path^^

Isnt that the correct one? http://www.wowhead.com/sound=12891/u...ievementgained
03-11-17, 12:11 PM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
I don't see a path there. I just see the file name.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

03-11-17, 12:15 PM   #5
Imiona
A Defias Bandit

Ok, i got a legion listfile now, but there are THOUSENDS of entrys here. How do i find the one i need....

My guess is Sound/Interface/Achievement, but there is no entry for UI_Alert_AchievementGained, only

sound/interface/achievementmenuclose.ogg
sound/interface/achievementmenuopen.ogg
03-11-17, 08:34 PM   #6
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Then that's not the right spot.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

03-12-17, 06:06 AM   #7
TOM_RUS
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Sound\Spells\AchievmentSound1.ogg

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Replace Default WOW Sound