03-15-10, 05:13 PM   #1
Kurtosis
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Thanks for supporting Linux via Java!

I just migrated to Linux when my Win 7 eval license expired, got WoW up and running, then found the Curse Client doesn't like Wine.

Then I discovered MMOMinion, and have migrated to that as well. It works beautifully, smoothly, and essentially natively.

Thanks guys, much appreciated!
03-15-10, 08:56 PM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Always glad to have happy users!
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

03-15-10, 10:47 PM   #3
seebs
Premium Member
Premium Member
Seconded. I'm still using Linux a fair bit, because it's more pleasant for me to develop on, and it's really nice.
03-17-10, 03:59 AM   #4
orionshock
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Originally Posted by Kurtosis View Post
I just migrated to Linux when my Win 7 eval license expired, got WoW up and running, then found the Curse Client doesn't like Wine.

Then I discovered MMOMinion, and have migrated to that as well. It works beautifully, smoothly, and essentially natively.

Thanks guys, much appreciated!
CurseClient version 3 works well on Linux via WINE, i use it myself. v4 dosn't work at all due to the .NET requirements.
03-17-10, 06:44 AM   #5
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

Originally Posted by orionshock View Post
CurseClient version 3 works well on Linux via WINE, i use it myself. v4 dosn't work at all due to the .NET requirements.
CC v3 does work fine under Linux via Wine with one caveat: If you don't have have a Curse Premium account, you need to have the IE6 libs for Wine installed as the basic version of CC v3 uses the IE engine to display adverts. If you have the needed libs or a Premium account then CC v3 will work just fine.
03-21-10, 05:54 PM   #6
Sixpence
A Defias Bandit
Thanks again!

I second the thanks for supporting Linux! I'm a proud Ubuntu user, and I used to use WoWMatrix for its Linux support. WM is about useless now thanks to everybody pulling permissions away from them (With good reason I hear from a few authors), so I reluctantly used Curse for a long time. I just heard about Minion, and this site is the first one I used to go to for add-ons so I'm very happy to return and use your client. ...Soon as I find the download section.

EDIT:
So I have it downloaded and installed but it doesn't work. "No modules loaded," won't update to the latest version, and Tools -> Options doesn't do squat.

EDIT 2:
I deleted ~/.minion and reinstalled it and it works now for updating my addons, but it still won't update itself and the Options pane doesn't load at all. :\
As long as it gets my addons updated thoguh I'm pretty happy.

Last edited by Sixpence : 03-21-10 at 06:58 PM.
03-21-10, 11:34 PM   #7
Shirik
Blasphemer!
Premium Member
WoWInterface Super Mod
Could you please post your log file? PM it to me if you're concerned about privacy.

Thanks
-- Shirik
しりたくなかったんだ
It's my turn next.

Shakespeare liked regexes too!
/(bb|[^b]{2})/

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Minion » Archive » Thanks for supporting Linux via Java!