02-05-09, 07:50 PM   #1
edgeblade
A Defias Bandit
Doesn't Work in 3.08?

I followed all the directions and none of the buttons on the Mazzifier do anything. Just sits there with the waving Gnome...Bugged?
02-06-09, 03:16 AM   #2
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Not bugged, MazzleUI in its current form is dead.

A number of the core AddOns that makeup MazzleUI died due changes from 2.4+ to 3.0+. A group of Mazzle fans are working to rebuild MazzleUI so it will work with 3.0+ however it will be a long time until they have a usable UI.
02-06-09, 08:05 AM   #3
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Lykofos View Post

A number of the core AddOns that makeup MazzleUI died due changes from 2.4+ to 3.0+. A group of Mazzle fans are working to rebuild MazzleUI so it will work with 3.0+ however it will be a long time until they have a usable UI.
From what I can tell from reading the Mazzle forums, there's no "group"; there is one who has made significant progress. I've seen requests for assistance, but as far as I can tell, there's only one person atm. Two if you count Davnel updating his unit frames to be a DuF "light", for possible replacement.
02-09-09, 01:05 AM   #4
raptorweb1
A Defias Bandit
Unhappy

Hi all. Haven't been playing for awhile and just started back up. I tried the fresh ui thing and it seems like it works alot better for a widescreen(my nieghbors have wide and i don't). Just wanna be clear, right now there is no way at all to get mazzle working?
02-09-09, 01:39 AM   #5
nettermann
A Murloc Raider
@ raptorweb1

Originally Posted by Lykofos View Post

Im not sure it can be any clearer then this.
02-09-09, 05:09 AM   #6
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by nettermann View Post
@ raptorweb1
Im not sure it can be any clearer then this.
Yes, as I stated several of the core AddOns within Mazzle are long dead due to API changes in WoW as of 3.0 and their authors have updated them or simply replaced them with new AddOns. The Actiion Bar, Bongos, is a good example of a mod that has died and been replaced.

A few people have made some noise about updating MazzleUI, at least one has actually made some progress (according to posts on the Mazzle threads, I have not seen any proof myself). Its going to take a while until we see anything useful as Mazzle is a rather large UI.
02-15-09, 10:01 AM   #7
otelma
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
a long time mazzleui fan (even donated to mazzle....) i switched to arkiveui.
good compliation and also that one is (i) inspired by mazzle and (ii) self configured.

hope it could be a brdige to the new and revamped mazzleui...
02-16-09, 01:53 AM   #8
kilth2
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Originally Posted by otelma View Post
a long time mazzleui fan (even donated to mazzle....) i switched to arkiveui.
good compliation and also that one is (i) inspired by mazzle and (ii) self configured.

hope it could be a brdige to the new and revamped mazzleui...
I doubt it, I talked to the arkive maker one time and he said he had no plans of becoming the next mazzle, and they dont have the 3D dolls if i remeber right except for target, And he uses pitbull which leaves the annoying black space in between health and mana bars, Its ok but not the best, not the mazzle
02-24-09, 09:28 AM   #9
WornWoody
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by kilth2 View Post
I doubt it, I talked to the arkive maker one time and he said he had no plans of becoming the next mazzle, and they dont have the 3D dolls if i remeber right except for target, And he uses pitbull which leaves the annoying black space in between health and mana bars, Its ok but not the best, not the mazzle
I respectfully disagree. MazzleUI does not work, ArchiveUI works great and is constantly updated. ArchiveUI has also developed a nice fan-base and support community as well.

I was a faithful MazzleUI user, but it's time to move on...

btw, ArchiveUI now uses ZMobDB for the target frame. No 3D chars for the party frames in default UI, but you can always add them if you desire. Easy enough to do.
02-24-09, 10:44 AM   #10
kilth2
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Originally Posted by WornWoody View Post
I respectfully disagree. MazzleUI does not work, ArchiveUI works great and is constantly updated. ArchiveUI has also developed a nice fan-base and support community as well.

I was a faithful MazzleUI user, but it's time to move on...

btw, ArchiveUI now uses ZMobDB for the target frame. No 3D chars for the party frames in default UI, but you can always add them if you desire. Easy enough to do.
I actually said that he did use the target 3D doll, but not the party which is half of the appeal to some people...and I haven't checked on it in a while but i expect he is still using pitbull.....and the blank space back bar thing was annoying to t he point that the entire UI started to feel.....fake, thats the problem for me i guess, Mazzle was a finished product when you installed it and i feel arkive just isn't.
Edit:also when I talked to Arkive about it he said he had no plans on making Arkive has as many features as Mazzlle and no plans to make the mazzification process which also is another reason why i liked it.
02-26-09, 05:38 AM   #11
Crothul
A Murloc Raider
bottom line its dead
now im wondering how much cash it would take to get it up n running
02-26-09, 05:45 AM   #12
lingering
A Cliff Giant

If you can find the right dedicated problem, it may not be too bad but its the continuius changes to the UI/API/Etc which meas that MAzzle will never return realisticly.

I used to use mazz now i use ArkiveUI.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Doesn't Work in 3.08?