10-31-11, 01:24 PM   #1
Bornabe
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Request: SatMap - MiniMap Textures for Mapster Main Map.

There's a ScreenShot for the add-on http://www.wowinterface.com/download...play.html#info
and the last screenshot shows Mapster using the MiniMap's satellite style view of the world and it looks AMAZING! I would LOVE to see if someone could release an add-on publicly that we could all enjoy that would do that.

I've tried the alternatives, no thanks, either too much bloat or no main map integration. It can be done, the author of the add-on above did it, but hasn't responded to a few comments requesting it be released so I thought I would see if anyone else could make it happen.

Anyone? :-D
10-31-11, 02:44 PM   #2
Destrominos
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
If I'm not mistaken that is AtlasWorld.
11-03-11, 02:58 PM   #3
Bornabe
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

That's a nice Atlas add-on, but doesn't affect the Main Map for the game and requires opening Atlas, clicking drop-downs, etc... I myself no longer use Atlas, have minimalized (That even a word?) my use of extra clicking to get to features.
11-03-11, 05:37 PM   #4
Taryble
A Molten Giant

Destrominos, btw, what's actually in the image is a modified version of "Mapster". The author of the linked addon states in the addon comments that it's a modification he made to Mapster personally.
11-03-11, 06:42 PM   #5
Bornabe
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Someone's gotta know how that's done, I'm staring down LUA code now trying to learn as fast as I can, but starting at ground 0 and trying to accomplish that just isn't gonna be something I'll be able to do with my limited knowledge.

Only thing I'm good at is mixing add-ons together, lol.
11-04-11, 04:24 AM   #6
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Here's some old info about the map, but still a good resource.

http://homepage.mac.com/prym/

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Request: SatMap - MiniMap Textures for Mapster Main Map.