02-19-13, 05:24 PM   #1
kasca
A Frostmaul Preserver
Higher Learning

Iam looking for a mod to show you where these books are. I thought i had one but, guess not.
02-19-13, 05:30 PM   #2
Clamsoda
A Frostmaul Preserver
I don't know of an AddOn (nor did I attempt to find one), but this may be a suitable solution:

http://www.wowhead.com/maps?data=439...683%2090468400

That is a pinned WoWhead map of Dalaran. It is what I used when I did the achievement years ago. You can create a bit of a circuit around Dalaran, checking for all of them.
02-19-13, 07:43 PM   #3
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Higher Learning and similar addons won't be very helpful today, as they use addon communication and rely on having lots of people in Dalaran running the same addon. When someone sees a book, the addon sends info about which book they saw and where they saw it to everyone else using the addon. These days, there just aren't enough people hanging out in Dalaran running these kinds of addons to make them reliably useful.

If you just need one or two books, you're probably best just camping them. If you need most or all of the books, flying circuits is the way to go. A book spawns in every location after server resets, so if you log in right after a reset, you will probably see several Higher Learning books up.
02-20-13, 05:28 PM   #4
natassja72
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
I was doing the achievement in Cataclysm. While indeed, there is very little people in Dalaran nowadays, the Higher Learning along with Dalaran University addon was helpful in a way, that if you were lucky to find a placeholder book, the addon would let you narrow the time frame for the next possible book spawn. I cant remember now if it was a count down timer or rather "it won't spawn sooner than in xxx hours", but it did saved me hours of mindless camping.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Higher Learning