10-23-07, 12:37 AM   #1
fadedroses
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Assist Panel

Hello, I'm new to WoW addon scripting and since I'd just spent a few days coding a complete addon from gound-up only to find out a function I was using had become protected (therefore the whole thing turned out to be a waste of time), I wanted to ask and make sure this would be possible with the available events first. If it's possible, I'll get to work unless it's way out of my league lol.

Here it is ::

A small popup panel that shows what your group members are currently attacking, or alternatively, a list of the mobs currently being fought by your group and how many of your party members are on each one. This would also have an "Assist" button next to the mob's name so you could quickly assist and strategically join in on whichever mob needs another hand.

This panel might also show the mob's health. An example:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
| 1. Mob Number One - 76% (2 people attacking) [Assist] |
| 2. Mob Number Two - 84% (1 person attacking) [Assist] |
| 3. Mob Number Three - 100% [Attack] |
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I do believe you cannot have your addon automatically target, but it can assist right?

Will WoW allow you to detect all the mobs in battle with your group and display their health?
10-23-07, 01:09 AM   #2
Jazradel
An Aku'mai Servant
Try PerfectTargets on wowcae. That does what you want, except for the /assist which I believe is impossible.
10-23-07, 02:32 AM   #3
fadedroses
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Originally Posted by Jazradel
Try PerfectTargets on wowcae. That does what you want, except for the /assist which I believe is impossible.
So there is no way to observe mobs hitting your groupmates and then assist them?
10-23-07, 09:48 AM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
If there are 3 people attacking a target and you want to assist, who would you be assisting? The mod can't choose.

edit: best to just display party targets and click that.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Assist Panel