04-16-09, 12:45 AM   #1
Overfeind
A Defias Bandit
Mining/herb sound?

I was wondering if there was a posibility of having the mod make a noise when a mining or herbalism node apeared on the minimap to grab my attention. Or might someone know of a mod like this ????

04-16-09, 01:47 AM   #2
Sekrin
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
It is not possible to detect the appearance of the little blips that indicate the presence of a mining/herb node so what you are asking for cannot be done.

04-16-09, 02:47 AM   #3
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Can't be done unless Blizzard added support for it, which they probably would not. The minimap is a black box to addons. Addons cannot see inside it.

04-16-09, 03:16 AM   #4
Unbelievable
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Not quite the same thing, but there maybe (?) a way to make a non-minimap related noise if your mouse pointer happens to wander across a mining/herb node (i.e. as a tooltip appears). I guess it would fit in better with a mod like GatherSage2 or Gatherer though.

Last edited by Unbelievable : 04-16-09 at 03:19 AM.

04-16-09, 03:28 PM   #5
Overfeind
A Defias Bandit
wow fast responce lol thanks i just find that when flying round the little icons on carbonite dont fade away enough to miss nodes sometimes is there maybe a way i can change the fadeing chararistic of the icons to fade more when they enter minimap range.

(ps anyone else notice the add to the right when you come to this site is for vonage and theres a a asian lady with a chat bubble that says "Ni hao" hehe srry just a bit of a chuckle to me)

(edited for clarification i dont think that its funny that she is asian or anything just that its on a site for mmos and there is a large population of chinese gold farmer)

04-16-09, 04:06 PM   #6
Haavok
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

Originally Posted by Overfeind View Post
wow fast responce lol thanks i just find that when flying round the little icons on carbonite dont fade away enough to miss nodes sometimes is there maybe a way i can change the fadeing chararistic of the icons to fade more when they enter minimap range.
You can increase the transparency of the gather icons in the map options. At some point I'd like to add a slider to adjust the transparency setting when you are close to the node (at the moment it's just a % of your current setting).

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Mining/herb sound?