05-10-06, 05:41 PM   #1
thalida
A Murloc Raider
Fubar issues..

Ok I love Fubar. Just recently migrated to it. But when I log in I get an error.
interface\addons\fubar\fubarplugin.lua:1478: you must provide a fuCompatible field.
Also my settings dont save ie: everythying is pile up in the upper left and I have to replace all the fubar mods where I want them everytime I login. :/ Sup guys, help me out?
05-10-06, 06:07 PM   #2
ckknight
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
First off, upgrade to the most recent version.
05-10-06, 07:36 PM   #3
thalida
A Murloc Raider
Hmm Ok. Link to latest version? I thought I had the latest. Just d/l'd it 2 days ago. How do you know its not the latest version?
05-10-06, 11:22 PM   #4
thalida
A Murloc Raider
Ok got the newer version from here. Now im getting a different error :P
interface\addons\fubar\fubarplugin.lua:1531:FuBar_SEAura:you must provide a fuCompatible field.
And still no saving. Everything bunched up on the Left. Should I jsut start from scratch? While files do I have to delete to totally remove it and reinstall. I guess I should also mention that I downloaded that FuBar Complete compilation. Dont have them all activated but...
05-10-06, 11:24 PM   #5
gorgeth
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by thalida
Ok got the newer version from here. Now im getting a different error :P
interface\addons\fubar\fubarplugin.lua:1531:FuBar_SEAura:you must provide a fuCompatible field.
And still no saving. Everything bunched up on the Left. Should I jsut start from scratch? While files do I have to delete to totally remove it and reinstall. I guess I should also mention that I downloaded that FuBar Complete compilation. Dont have them all activated but...
With Fubar you basically want to delete ALL fubar related files in both \interface\addons AND all of the saved variables for the mods located in \WTF\Account\<yourlogin>\SavedVariables\

For some reason CKnight has not to date decided to nuke saved variables when he makes them incompatible and so this must be done basically every time you download a new Fubar (core)
05-10-06, 11:48 PM   #6
vidarc
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
That error is a problem with FarmerFu. The SE_Aura thing it uses hasn't been updated since a change he did back when Boss became FuBar
05-11-06, 12:31 AM   #7
Ratbert_CP
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Actually, get the most recent SpecialEvents , and that should help...
05-11-06, 05:58 AM   #8
Aileen
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by vidarc
That error is a problem with FarmerFu. The SE_Aura thing it uses hasn't been updated since a change he did back when Boss became FuBar
It's not a problem with FarmerFu.

SE_Aura is a part of a totally separate addon by Tekkub called SpecialEvents that was a dependency. It is not a dependency for FarmerFu any longer, as it is using the embeddable version of SpecialEvents. So if you have an older version, please upgrade and read the big note in the FarmerFu information section about AceTooltip and SpecialEvents.
05-11-06, 08:58 AM   #9
Ratbert_CP
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Try this:

When you're at your character selection screen, go into addons, and disable SpecialEvents. If nothing gets disabled due to missing dependancies, leave it turned off. SE now has an embedded version that is included with each addon that needs it.

If one of your addons *does* get disabled because you disabled SpecialEvents, look for an updated version of the addon, or ask the author to convert to the embedded version.
05-11-06, 05:13 PM   #10
thalida
A Murloc Raider
Ok I disabled that Special Events. Everything is Ok. But Then I got an error about FuMail Lol. So I jsut disabled it. No errors when logging in. I have to test my addon positionings being saved. Thanks guys for the input. Liking Fubar so far :P

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Fubar issues..