12-27-06, 06:20 PM   #1
mrnoseeum
A Kobold Labourer
New Content Being Downloaded or on Disc?

I was wondering, is there going to be any content on the cd for BC or are we going to basically have downloaded the entire update by the Jan 16th?

Are we just going to be purchasing a box for a cd key to activate the new content?

I was looking around but can't seem to find anything out about this.

Seems like a lot for that if thats the case. Basically we are paying now or interruptions to service for updates...then we pay again for a key...

Just wondering if anyone actually knows.

Thanks in advance for your comments.
12-27-06, 07:09 PM   #2
tenmiles
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I know that everyone will have to have identical data on their machines to play. So whether you purchased the expansion or not you have to have the expansion data installed. That said, I imagine that if you buy the expansion you'll be able to install most of it (there's a real possibility that there will be something to download even if you get to install data from the disk because changes may be made between the time they make the cds/dvds and release) and if you don't it'll be installed via a large, very large patch. However, I also think that some of this data has already been downloaded because of some of the changes and the fact that I can view some of this stuff in wowmodelviewer despite not having the beta downloaded.
12-30-06, 09:49 PM   #3
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
All the large files should be on the disc however I'm sure they will have a small patch that includes files for people that choose not to purchase the expansion along with bug fixes from BTS 2.0.
12-30-06, 10:09 PM   #4
Sepioth
A Molten Giant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Don't forget that the patch will have to have any artwork for any new weapons and such that might be only usable by people with BC accounts. All those new higher level weapons and such should still be able to be handled and viewed by non-BC accounts.
12-30-06, 10:28 PM   #5
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
Originally Posted by Sepioth
Don't forget that the patch will have to have any artwork for any new weapons and such that might be only usable by people with BC accounts. All those new higher level weapons and such should still be able to be handled and viewed by non-BC accounts.
Good point, so the patch may not be so small after all.
12-31-06, 10:13 PM   #6
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

i don't like big patches..not a lot of memory on my computer
12-31-06, 10:15 PM   #7
Huthrewpoo
A Kobold Labourer
The thing that confuses me is if you don't by BC does that mean you can't play World of Warcraft anymore or do you think they'll just not let you go into the newer places..
12-31-06, 11:24 PM   #8
sid67
A Cliff Giant
If you don't buy the expansion, you will basically have all the current content (before the storm patch) and that's it. There will be some bug fixes, spell/talent refinements, but that's all you'll get from the patch.

The expansion will provide all the new Outland and instance content, intro movie, etc and it will include the key. To my knowledge, none of this content will be available online and will only be available by purchasing the boxed game.
01-01-07, 10:51 PM   #9
Sepioth
A Molten Giant
Without the BC expansion anything thats introduced for the BC players will not be assessable or usable to non-BC players.

Any new lands you will not be able to visit.

Any new skills you will not be able to use.

Any new weapons/armor/items you will be able to hold, see and sell just not use/equip.

Any new levels you can not progress to.

Any new spell you will not be able to cast.

I think you get my drift. Basically without the expansion you will be stuck where you are right now (as said above) for most new content as most new content will no doubt be geared towards the BC players

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Chit-Chat » New Content Being Downloaded or on Disc?