12-11-14, 09:39 PM   #761
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Originally Posted by Ghosthree3 View Post
Just want to chime in and say that dungeon maps are still not working properly, also as someone pointed out Dalaran is in the void.
This is the first i've heard of dungeon maps, what are they doing?

12-11-14, 09:43 PM   #762
Nisou
An Aku'mai Servant
It's great to have even some of the Carbonite capabilities back. I did notice, though, that the Warehouse doesn't show data across toons.

12-12-14, 12:19 AM   #763
Ghosthree3
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Originally Posted by Rythal View Post
This is the first i've heard of dungeon maps, what are they doing?
Several things I've noticed, with dungeons that have multiple level dungeons the map never changes, it only ever shows one of the levels, though you still move across it - last I saw this was in some Wrath dungeons, I can't remember if it's working in Draenor dungeons or not.

It's also impossible to move them around to look at it properly, if you try to put the mouse anywhere near it, particularly the full sized map, it zooms right out - or in? - and becomes unreadable.

12-12-14, 12:39 AM   #764
Seny69
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by R_OReilly View Post
There is plugin called HandyNotes_Carbonite last updated in January 2012 by Zasurus. It supposedly translates HandyNotes locations into the coordinate/zoneID system used by Carbonite. I hadn't used it or HandyNotes until recently so I'm not sure if it was still working before the 6.0 pre-patch.

Given it's age and the updates Rythal and the team here have had to make for the new WoD zones to map properly, I'm not surprised. The plugin uses an older version of Astrolabe and I'm sure there are other submodules/includes that are out of date in it. Some of the calls to functions in NxMap don't even match up with Carb 5.4. I'm not a coder but I tried to debug it by simply updating names in function calls however that didn't get me very far. For now I just disable Carb when I need to find things with HandyNotes. Carb is much more important to my gameplay.

I have Handynotes Carbonite, I guess it doesent work because its for the old carbonite

12-12-14, 12:41 AM   #765
Seny69
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by KMJX View Post
*sigh"

as with all other addons with map integrations which previously worked with Carbonite, HandyNotes wont work with the current Carbonite because the author won't update their addon to work with it as long as Rythal does not officially release an updated version.

The GIT version of Carbonite is working very well, but is still not an officially released version.
Once it goes official on wowinterface/curse/whathaveyou, other addons will probably be updated to integrate with it again.

Please guys, stop asking Rythal to add compatibility fixes for other addons. Don't pile up additional work that would further delay an official release on him (even if he's ultimately the one deciding what he works on, requesting features still puts some pressure on him).

im not "ASKING" for anything, there is no need to sigh. I am pointing out issues with the current GIT version of carbonites maps in other zones when you are not with them, and the compatibility with Handynotes which is absolutely HUGE for resource farming in this xpac.

Next time i guess ill keep my bugs and issues to myself good god.

12-12-14, 12:46 AM   #766
atl77
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Originally Posted by Seny69 View Post
Wow, someone has their panties in a bunch over this one... The main point is that you should submit this particular bug to Handynotes and not to Carbonite as the problem is on their side, not on ours.

12-12-14, 02:37 AM   #767
Ghosthree3
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Just noticed that the Bonus Bosses in instances aren't listed with the rest. If you need to test it Everbloom has one. The spider boss "Xeri'tac" is unlisted.

12-12-14, 02:52 AM   #768
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by ircdirk View Post
With cooperation with atl77 (big thanks to him!!) we managed to get missing quests from wowhead and to generate areas for theirs objectives (keep in mind that not all quest 90-100 have updated objectives in wowhead db). Ill push new files to github after testing.
Ok, new quests data pushed to github.

12-12-14, 03:22 AM   #769
samyonair
A Frostmaul Preserver

All pull requests are merged at the moment,

greetings Samyonair

Last edited by samyonair : 12-12-14 at 03:26 AM. Reason: Atl has merged lib

12-12-14, 03:26 AM   #770
atl77
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Hey, samy, I have checked it and we can safely merge away the old ace-2.0 legacy code.

12-12-14, 03:35 AM   #771
samyonair
A Frostmaul Preserver

Thanks, I've seen it and edited my change anyway :-)

I Think thats better, I will try the newest code today,

have some questions because of german translation part asked per pm to you.

greetings Samyonair

12-12-14, 03:53 AM   #772
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by samyonair View Post
All pull requests are merged at the moment,
Ok, so im getting to update the old quest data now.

Rythal how does this work? If quest is not in database (QuestsX-X.lua) carbonite will self create starting, end NPCS and points for objectives...

For some new quests, that are in database now, there is no objectives data on wowhead so they will not show on map. Can we do something that those objectives will be handled like those in quests that are not in database? So they can be shown on the map?

12-12-14, 05:36 AM   #773
nelegalno2
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
@Rythal, please take a look at the different branches in https://github.com/dratr/Carbonite when you have some free time? If I'm not wrong all of the code is in the mergedmaster2 branch, and the rest of the branches are for the different fixes.

@Seny69, you'll have to use Mapster + Handynotes until they add support for Carbonite. Feel free to request it of them (pointing to the github version) since they have to update there code. And definitely remove Handynotes Carbonite since it's not working and might cause additional problems. P.S. We have the same problem with _NPCScan where you have to manually rename or delete the _NPCScan.Overlay\Modules\Carbonite.lua file in order not to have extra problems, because they won't update until Caronite is officially published.

@Ghosthree3, can you try testing by disabling everything except Carbonite, I think Highmaul was having the same problem but I'm not sure and haven't tested with disabled addons.

@ircdirk, I might be wrong but wouldn't it be possible to narrow down the number of objectives in the QuestsX-X.lua files for example by removing overlapping ones? Or was this already done - haven't had time to look at them yet?

Last edited by nelegalno2 : 12-12-14 at 05:53 AM.

12-12-14, 05:46 AM   #774
samyonair
A Frostmaul Preserver

I'm now on the way to put the Flightmasters for Draenor to the code at the moment using x,y Cords by wowhead

greetings Samyonair

thanks to atl for the Howto

Last edited by samyonair : 12-12-14 at 05:48 AM.

12-12-14, 06:06 AM   #775
atl77
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
If quest is not in database (QuestsX-X.lua) carbonite will self create starting, end NPCS and points for objectives...
As far as I understood the code, if a quest is encountered without a database entry, Carbonite should simply fall back to whatever Blizzard originally does with the quests.

12-12-14, 06:26 AM   #776
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by atl77 View Post
As far as I understood the code, if a quest is encountered without a database entry, Carbonite should simply fall back to whatever Blizzard originally does with the quests.
But not Blizzard creates points on carbonite maps for objectives of quest without database entry There must be some functions for that. Becouse sometimes there is a quest where it has 2 objectives but only one is in wowhead db. For the other one we could create point (not area) on carb map using this fall back function.

Other thing is that now all objectives areas are also in game on Blizzard native map. So if someone knows the WoW structure of files maybe we can extract those (if they are somewere in local Casc files)... And we can use this to create much better areas for quests objectives and whats better we could do it for ALL quests and quests objectives.

Last edited by ircdirk : 12-12-14 at 06:33 AM.

12-12-14, 06:36 AM   #777
Eternal_Lynx
An Aku'mai Servant

Here is Mapster with Handynotes. You will note all of the treasures and rares are viewable on your map

Here is Carbonite. None of the treasures or rares are viewable and all I can see is nagrand and frostfire, as you can see im hovering over spires of arak and it wont zoom in or register that im trying to change the map zone

That's weird because Handynotes(with TreasureHunter module) works fine (but not perfect with minimap embeded) on my side.
Maybe it's just because Mapster is blocking Carbonite maps?

12-12-14, 07:42 AM   #778
atl77
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
But not Blizzard creates points on carbonite maps for objectives of quest without database entry There must be some functions for that. Becouse sometimes there is a quest where it has 2 objectives but only one is in wowhead db. For the other one we could create point (not area) on carb map using this fall back function.

Other thing is that now all objectives areas are also in game on Blizzard native map. So if someone knows the WoW structure of files maybe we can extract those (if they are somewere in local Casc files)... And we can use this to create much better areas for quests objectives and whats better we could do it for ALL quests and quests objectives.
The Quest points are created on the blizzard minimap - carbonite just copies them from there.

Also, you're talking about data mining. You can't do that from within the Addon, period. We could try to use an external program to do that, e.g. http://www.zezula.net/en/mpq/download.html - but we'd just do the work that Wowhead already did again and it is easier in any case to put the data into the addon.

12-12-14, 07:50 AM   #779
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by atl77 View Post
The Quest points are created on the blizzard minimap - carbonite just copies them from there.

Also, you're talking about data mining. You can't do that from within the Addon, period. We could try to use an external program to do that, e.g. http://www.zezula.net/en/mpq/download.html - but we'd just do the work that Wowhead already did again and it is easier in any case to put the data into the addon.
Wowhead does not use data from files, they have small programm that gathers data from people.

If they were using data from files they would have all objectives which are displayed on wow native map i.e. this quest:

But they dont have them... That happens with many other quests...

Also MPQ is not any more used by Blizz, now it is CASC file format.

Last edited by ircdirk : 12-12-14 at 07:52 AM.

12-12-14, 08:13 AM   #780
KMJX
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
im not "ASKING" for anything, there is no need to sigh. I am pointing out issues with the current GIT version of carbonites maps in other zones when you are not with them, and the compatibility with Handynotes which is absolutely HUGE for resource farming in this xpac.

Sorry, didn't mean to step on your toes.
it's just I'm kinda frustrated from answering the same question so many times in a short window of time, even though it pertains to different other addons (NPC_Scan Overlay and HandyNotes are the most common offenders)

Bug reports are fine, but I think right now reports on bugs/problems that involve interaction between other addons and Carbonite won't help speeding up the process of getting an official release, and just add clutter to the reports actually directly related to Carb.

I'm kind of impatient for one as well, for exactly the reason that I too use such addons, and their respective authors have explicitly stated they won't fix Carbonite integration until then.
As I don't integrate carbonite map into the standard Blizz Minimap, HandyNotes works fine for me because a POI will appear there when I'm in proximity, and when I go deliberately hunting I can bring up the standard map with ALT+M.

-- That said, I'd need to check if treasure appears on the Carbonite map on the character I bought the actual ingame treasure maps... because if not that would be something that actually belongs in a Carbonite bug report ^^'. - BRB
-- EDIT:-- They do show up.

Last edited by KMJX : 12-12-14 at 08:18 AM.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » WOD/Pre-patch