03-26-10, 07:29 AM   #1
Tithulta
A Black Drake

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Just curious how wide spread this WoW issue is

My guildmates and I ahve been getting "hung" at fully Loaded screen. I assume since most guildies ahve complained this is a Blizzard issue from the patch. I "tried" going to the wow tech support forum a bit earlier and it was down for maintence? lol of course...

RANT RANT RANT

/Rant

Oh btw any know a work around? even one that works "most" of the time would be nice.

Adenum : Just to add some detail i left out, several of us have tried getting on for 15-20 worth of altF4 once it's obviously stuck and trying again. Most it's taken me is 3-4 times. Some guildies have tried for way more.

Last edited by Tithulta : 03-26-10 at 07:45 AM. Reason: Add some detail
03-26-10, 07:38 AM   #2
Feistisalive
Have been getting the same issue on my first log in attempt. A few other guildies have ran into the same issue, so I'm guessing it's on blizzards end.
03-26-10, 08:24 AM   #3
contramundi
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
I had it at my first login attempt, but my 2nd and following login's went perfectly fine

i blame me because i used the "load out of date" bit in the addons screen and forgot to update the updated ones after the patch
03-26-10, 08:25 AM   #4
Raeth
A Kobold Labourer
Same here... although Ive found that it affects one character much more than others. Generally speaking its worse when logging into Northrend.

I find that if I log into one of my characers first, log out, and then try to log into my main its a lot better (or it mihgt be my perception!)
03-26-10, 08:32 AM   #5
ReverendD
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

Same issue here, though it happens only once in awhile. It was doing it with addons and w/o addons loaded. I am finding since the 3.3.3 patch when you disconnect from the server it never updates you locally. It will show for party members that you are offline, but you do not get kicked off. I ended up seeing how far I could run on one of my toons when I noticed everyone running in place. I ran from SW to Redridge on foot before before I alt-f4'd to relog. The entire time I was showing offline to guild and on login I was back in SW.
03-26-10, 09:03 AM   #6
Tithulta
A Black Drake

Originally Posted by ReverendD View Post
.....It was doing it with addons and w/o addons loaded.
That was one thing i was wondering. OMG i'd hate to go to blizzard ui just to log in peacefully. Think I'll try leaving my mains in Org/SW and see if that helps as well.
03-26-10, 09:31 AM   #7
caution2
A Kobold Labourer
Same issue

I get this same issue as well. Mostly its when i logout out of one toon and into an ALT. the load screen hangs.
03-26-10, 10:11 AM   #8
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

This is not a guaranteed fix, but it's something you can try nonetheless. Good luck to those having this issue.. I can only imagine how frustrating it must be!

Power Cycle your modem and router to reset them and allow them to re-establish a connection to your ISP. Please follow these steps to completely power cycle the devices in your network connection:

- Shut down all computers connected to the modem/router.
- Power down/unplug the router if you use one.
- Power down/unplug the modem.
- Allow to sit for 60 seconds, unplugged.
- Turn on the modem, allow to completely boot up till the front panel connection lights show a steady connection.
- Turn on the router, if you have one, and allow to completely boot up as well.
- Start the computer(s) and allow to completely boot up.

If that does not work, try this:

Windows Vista Users: Windows Vista requires that you run the command prompt (DOS shell) in Administrator Mode to perform these functions. To start the DOS shell in admin mode:

- Go to Start/Programs/Accessories and locate the "Command Prompt" shortcut.
- Right click Command Prompt shortcut and select "Run as Administrator" from the drop down menu.
- Continue with the Windows XP/2000/98 directions below at step 2.

Windows XP/2000: Release/Renew your IP address and Flush the DNS Resolver Cache:

- Go to Start then Run and type the word "cmd" (without quotation marks) in the Run box. A DOS window should open on screen.
- Type: "ipconfig /release" (without quotation marks) in the DOS window.
- Wait a few seconds for a reply that the IP address has been released.
- Type: "ipconfig /renew" (without quotation marks) in the DOS window.
- Wait a few seconds for a reply that the IP address has been re-established.
- Type: "ipconfig /flushdns" (without quotation marks) in the DOS window.
- Close the DOS window and attempt to make a connection.
03-27-10, 12:46 AM   #9
aceman67
A Theradrim Guardian

Originally Posted by Petrah View Post
Ipconfig instructions for vista/Seven
Or you could just right click the network icon on your system tray and click "Troubleshoot Problems", does the same thing, as well as checking for other problems that also might be affecting your connection.

Now, back on topic

I have also been getting this issue (Although, not since 3.3.3a was released), and All I'd do was crash wow from the task manager, and log in again, and I'd be fine.
03-26-10, 10:24 AM   #10
v6o
An Onyxian Warder
The official topic on this discussion is around 15 pages (+ some other threads) long on WoW-EU and 40 on WoW-US. You're not alone, some in my guild has this problem.

If you need to contact me, do so on Twitter @v6ooo

Best regards, v6.
03-26-10, 10:56 AM   #11
Dridzt
A Pyroguard Emberseer

What has worked for me and every guildie that had the same problem is this procedure:

1. Try to logon the affected character.
2. If you get stuck at full progress bar on login screen, kill the wow client (Alt+F4 for windows)
3. Start up the game again and try to login the same char.

Sofar it works with 100% success.
03-26-10, 11:17 AM   #12
Aerials
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
for me it's only happening the first time logging in after rebooting the pc
03-26-10, 11:30 AM   #13
aFluffyFartBall
Almighty Overlord Fluffy

Premium Member
i sometimes have this.. restart game
03-26-10, 06:40 PM   #14
Rilgamon
Premium Member

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Dridzt View Post
What has worked for me and every guildie that had the same problem is this procedure:

1. Try to logon the affected character.
2. If you get stuck at full progress bar on login screen, kill the wow client (Alt+F4 for windows)
3. Start up the game again and try to login the same char.

Sofar it works with 100% success.
Yesterday this procedure worked for me. Today I spent half an hour trying to
03-26-10, 07:52 PM   #15
Gruffness
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

For what it's worth, one thing I've noticed that seems to be consistent:

When I first load in a character and my add-ons take a very long time to load, chances are I'll end up stuck at the load screen, if I F4/relog and the add-ons seem to load faster (already in memory from last time?), I usually get in.

However, I can switch to another character (alt) on the same server and my add-ons may load very slowly once again...and I also get stuck again.

My guess is it has something to do with add-ons and Blizzard's processing of them. Of course I could be completely wrong and this entire message can be disregarded as a bunch of [CENSORED for your protection].
03-27-10, 07:33 PM   #16
Sythalin
Curse staff

I've been having this same issue since 3.3.3 as well, so you're not alone. I've tried everything I can think of and nothing helps. It's definitely a blizz issue.
03-27-10, 08:37 PM   #17
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
I had it happen to me twice .. the third time I got through .. could be addon related, could be dalaran related but I didn't do anything different to get it to work .. it just worked the third time I tried rofl.

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818
03-27-10, 11:53 PM   #18
Raesoth
OmNomNom's Pet

Premium Member
Its been happening to me as well. It doesn't seem to matter if I log into an alt in the middle of some remote inn or to my main in Dalaran. My first login will always hang at the fully loaded screen .. alt F4 out and bang I'm in the 2nd try, with any char.. pretty frustrating second to my OOM errors in northrend even with the 'fix' that's out there.

03-28-10, 11:18 AM   #19
KiwiiDawn
A Black Drake
Well I found a good way to bye pass the loading issues and it has worked for a few days, funny part is you need a add on to make it work.

I have used "Addon Control Panel" for a long time to swap profiles on my toons for leveling set all the way to raiding set.

I found that in the back ground it sets the order my adds load when i swap addon sets. So I tried some thing.

1. I logged on to my game
2. disabled all my addons but ACP and loaded the game , it will load fine. I did need to do this at lest one time on each of my Toons.
3. when your in game open the menu via "ESC" then click on the button called "Addons"
4. Click on all the addons you wish to have load on that toon or all toons and make a set name for it. save that set and reload the game via its reload button. your game now works with the addons and more no alt4 nedd or other stuff.
5. after this is done on each toon you can now swap toons any time and load game just find.

You only need to do this one time only for each toon you actively play or wish to log in too. after that ACP pe-sets up the loading order and loads all of blizz stuff first then your current set for that toon.

Not sure if this work around will work with any other add on management addon out there.

hope this helps some of you,
Kiawen
03-28-10, 11:36 AM   #20
Sinjyn
A Defias Bandit
This is happening to me as well even after trying all the "fixes". I've noticed that once I do get properly logged in (after killing WoW via the task manager after the first attempt) the latency is pegged at 5k then will slowly return to my usual value around 50ms. What this tells me is that it is an issue with the Blizzard's netcode even though they try to shift the blame to the users, as usual.

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Tech Chat » Just curious how wide spread this WoW issue is