12-03-06, 07:05 PM   #341
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Jordster
Thanks for the speedy reply.

LOL yes - Canadian Pally! That's the one!

I'm not sure what DFM is but I'm going to go out on a limb and guess it is a frame manager of some sort (kinda like Move anything). Just to clarify - what you are suggesting I do is look for a mod called "DFM" and remove color combo points from it, and then go to the color combo points mod directly and have it display?

Thanks,

~ Jordster of <Altar of Storms>
Yeah, that's basically what I'm suggesting. Just the remove part, that is. It should then display in the default location for itself. DFM is Discord Frame Modifier.

12-04-06, 07:07 AM   #342
Nomard
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Jordster
Mazzle thank you for all of your hard work! Your UI is absolutely beautiful - it's the first all-intensive UI that I've found to be worth the learning curve. The self-install (LOL Mazzlegasm) is excellent!

I have one problem ...

My HUD combo points keep disappearing! It seems to happen (1) every time I switch over to my Priest and then come back and (2) randomly. One time I even had it stop working mid-AB game. Any suggestions of fixing this?

Thanks,

~ Jordster of <Altar of Storms>

PS. My buddy Rahmiel says he knows you from AD ... he thought it was awesome that I was using your UI and lol'd about Mazzlegasms. I don't know what his name was there, though
I have noticed this too.
To fix it i have to:
Open Discord Unit Frames
Uncheck "hide" in the combopoints frame
Disable Color Combo Points
Reload UI
Enable Color Combo Points
Reload UI
Open Discord Unit Frames
Check "hide" in the combopoints frame

Last night i tried something new, but i didnīt have the time to test it out.
I did the following:
Open Discord Unit Frames
Set Alpha to 0%
Reload UI

But since i didnīt have the time to log out and in to thest it fully, iīm not sure if that solves the problem.

My guess is that since the Combopoints frame is set to "hide" in DUF at deafult it also hides the frame for Color Combo Points. Not sure, might be rambling here...

12-04-06, 08:14 AM   #343
art3mis
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Mazzlefizz
That also is an exact FAQ question.
while the removal of the @'s was an exact question no-where in there does it say that easycopy also has the unfortunate side efffect of disabling all colours you've assigned to channels. and THAT was what I was trying to fix... not the @'s themselves.
so to put channel colour back without using PRAT you need to disable easycopy as well.

12-04-06, 12:04 PM   #344
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by art3mis
while the removal of the @'s was an exact question no-where in there does it say that easycopy also has the unfortunate side efffect of disabling all colours you've assigned to channels. and THAT was what I was trying to fix... not the @'s themselves.
so to put channel colour back without using PRAT you need to disable easycopy as well.
It's only a side effect if you also disable the other chat add-on that does do the coloring as well. Even though that's probably a bug, I certainly could not nor would not describe every permution of things that could happen if you add or subtract multiple add-ons. The only reason I describe EasyCopy in the first place is b/c I don't think most people realize what those @ signs do.

Anyway, while it wasn't the only question asked, you did ask about removing the @'s and that's clearly answered in the FAQ. If you had read the FAQ and then tried to disable it, you would have incidentally discovered the answer to your other question. Stuff like that is a common side effect of trying to figure things out on your own.

12-04-06, 12:05 PM   #345
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Nomard
I have noticed this too.
To fix it i have to:
Open Discord Unit Frames
Disable Color Combo Points
Reload UI
Enable Color Combo Points
Reload UI
Open Discord Unit Frames
Check "hide" in the combopoints frame

Last night i tried something new, but i didnīt have the time to test it out.
I did the following:
Open Discord Unit Frames
Set Alpha to 0%
Reload UI

But since i didnīt have the time to log out and in to thest it fully, iīm not sure if that solves the problem.

My guess is that since the Combopoints frame is set to "hide" in DUF at deafult it also hides the frame for Color Combo Points. Not sure, might be rambling here...
I very much doubt the combo points in DUF have any impact on the ColorComboPoints add-on.

12-04-06, 12:46 PM   #346
Game&Watch
A Murloc Raider
After installing this UI after the open beta, I've come to understand why it took so long before it was released.
It is a fantastic UI and the most function-rich I've ever seen.
Sadly, I can't stand some of the addons, particularily the CECB-addon and the unitframes.
I really hope you'll consider swapping CECB with Chronos and Antagonist or just HostelBar. In my oppinion they look much better and have the same functions.

12-04-06, 01:48 PM   #347
cscscott
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
shapeshift bar

Mazzlefizz,

I have been using DestreganaUI forever because I liked the 3d models, so I am familiar with the Discord packages. I saw your UI yesterday and thought I'de give it a try, it will take me some getting used to the different button settings as I have been so used to the F1-5 keys for targetting party members, as well as using the Groupheal addon, that brings me to my first question.

I cannot seem to get Clique to work, I have opened the windows as stated and can see that the buttons for my spells are already mapped, but when I click on a party member 3d model it doesn't cast. Also, on the needy window some of the items aren't clickable from that frame, I still have to click on the spell manually in a regular slot.

Second, I play a druid and prefer my shapeshift buttons to be in a certain order i.e. Bear form, Cat form, travel form then water form. I opened the discord frame found the shapeshift bar, I can move it all I want I can even see the button maps from 116-119 but for the life of me I cannot seem to make them swap places on the actual UI. What am I missing??

Thanks for all the hard work, I can tell I will enjoy this UI for a long time.

Scott

12-04-06, 02:58 PM   #348
Tenagra
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Game&Watch
Sadly, I can't stand some of the addons, particularily the CECB-addon and the unitframes. I really hope you'll consider swapping CECB with Chronos and Antagonist or just HostelBar. In my oppinion they look much better and have the same functions.
Unfortunately, this is a limitation of any compilation. Ultimately, you will always have people who have a preference for an addon other than what the author chose. Personally, I'm used to CECB and am glad he chose it, and i really like the unit frames. In the end, changing what he initially went with is likely to upset at least as many people as it makes happy.

That being said, for CECB that would be easy to disable and install the mods you prefer without affecting the rest of the ui. The unit frames may be a bit trickier, but may just be one of the compromises you have to make for going with a compilation.

T

12-04-06, 02:59 PM   #349
Lethalweapon
A Cyclonian
Mazzle ui 2.0?

Will mazzle ui be combatible with 2.0 patch?

12-04-06, 03:14 PM   #350
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by cscscott
I cannot seem to get Clique to work, I have opened the windows as stated and can see that the buttons for my spells are already mapped, but when I click on a party member 3d model it doesn't cast. Also, on the needy window some of the items aren't clickable from that frame, I still have to click on the spell manually in a regular slot.
I don't think clicking on the model forwards the click to Clique. Try clicking on the unitframe.

As per the FAQ, I'd also check that Clique is using the levels of spells that you have. If you don't have that level of spell yet, you'll need to rebind them to your lower level ones.

Originally Posted by cscscott
Second, I play a druid and prefer my shapeshift buttons to be in a certain order i.e. Bear form, Cat form, travel form then water form. I opened the discord frame found the shapeshift bar, I can move it all I want I can even see the button maps from 116-119 but for the life of me I cannot seem to make them swap places on the actual UI. What am I missing??
That's a good question, but I don't know the answer to it. When I made the layout, I thought the default order was kinda screwy too. I asked a druid about it, and he said that he just made his own shifting bar with the shifting actions in them. I didn't want to do that, so I just left it as is, which I assume is the Blizzard default order. If there's a way to reorder the Blizzard shifting bar, I'd be interested in knowing how.

Oh, and the shifting actions being in ID's 116-119 was just so I can bind them to keys for the druid layout without having to change the base secondary action bar key bindings for all layouts. They have nothing to do with the actual actions in the shapeshifting bar.

Last edited by Mazzlefizz : 12-04-06 at 03:20 PM.

12-04-06, 03:18 PM   #351
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Game&Watch
I really hope you'll consider swapping CECB with Chronos and Antagonist or just HostelBar. In my oppinion they look much better and have the same functions.
I actually don't use CECB myself. It seems to be computational expensive. That's why I added both the ability to right-click the button to quickly turn it off and an entry in the efficiency modes to automatically turn it off in certain contexts. I did try to switch to HostelBars earlier in the UI's development, but had some problems getting it to work right. I've already got chronometer and antagonist on my to-do list as something to check out for the future, so we'll see. In general, if it works well and costs less, I'd be up for changing.

12-04-06, 05:06 PM   #352
art3mis
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Mazzlefizz
It's only a side effect if you also disable the other chat add-on that does do the coloring as well. Even though that's probably a bug, I certainly could not nor would not describe every permution of things that could happen if you add or subtract multiple add-ons. The only reason I describe EasyCopy in the first place is b/c I don't think most people realize what those @ signs do.

Anyway, while it wasn't the only question asked, you did ask about removing the @'s and that's clearly answered in the FAQ. If you had read the FAQ and then tried to disable it, you would have incidentally discovered the answer to your other question. Stuff like that is a common side effect of trying to figure things out on your own.
hehe just to be nit picky but my original questions was ONLY about the colour, the line i had typed was merely to show that it was white, not so much about the @'s as i really didnt care...

either way it all worked out and can't wait for the 2.0 update as i've been forcing all my guildies to swap over to what i've seen as the best compilation evah!

cheers.

12-04-06, 06:29 PM   #353
cscscott
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Thanks for the quick reply, I will see what I can figure out and try the Clique re-program buttons to make sure I have the right spells in.

12-04-06, 06:45 PM   #354
Gelst of draka
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Quick Question

FIRST off: Thanks a ton MAZZLE! i ahve seriously been waiting over 6 months for this come out. Your UI absolutly rocks.

I have a ton to learn to use though.

actually ansered my own question as i read a bit more.

thanks again for everyones hard work putting this together i really appreciate it.

keep up the good work.

Last edited by Gelst of draka : 12-04-06 at 07:12 PM.

12-04-06, 07:14 PM   #355
ShibbyShaman
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
sadly tom. this gets broken with the new patch its a great ui hope it gets fixed

12-05-06, 01:11 AM   #356
Mellock
A Murloc Raider
Exclamation Map Notes

I do love the ui. Great layout

I do have a question though do you know how that add map notes to the map. its kind of differnt from atlas and meta so if there is any way the i can add note plz let me know thank you. will check back for reply

12-05-06, 01:37 AM   #357
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Mellock
I do love the ui. Great layout

I do have a question though do you know how that add map notes to the map. its kind of differnt from atlas and meta so if there is any way the i can add note plz let me know thank you. will check back for reply
Just install MapNotes: http://www.wowinterface.com/download...html#cmnt17767

12-05-06, 11:22 AM   #358
Gemminie
A Fallenroot Satyr

Smile <3 MazzleUI

A Dwarven friend of mine named Mortlach told me about MazzleUI a few days ago -- he said it had everything he needed, and I should check it out because it was made by another pink-pigtailed Gnome! So, last night, I did. Suffice it to say that I was blown away by the intense Mazzlegasms. What a great interface! All kinds of information that I point at to see, and it hides itself when I don't need it! Little 3D icons of people! And I wave and stuff when I click on me! Mazzlefizz, you are brilliant!

Of course, this was the night before the patch. Now I'll have to wait for a MazzleUI that works with the new patch. I can try to help with the process, once I can actually play the game. But that's beside the point. The point is, yay!

12-05-06, 01:39 PM   #359
caphector
A Murloc Raider
2.0.1 update

Just found this UI and I love it…much better designed than my previous UI.

Is there an ETA for the 2.0.1 update?

12-05-06, 05:05 PM   #360
bacon360
A Theradrim Guardian
Unhappy

How broke is the UI? Man I don't know what I am gonna do without mazzleui, I hope we can get an update. I don't even feel like playing without it.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » MazzleUI