04-02-07, 12:46 PM   #1
Winco
A Murloc Raider

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
IMPROVED Guild UI (Keys, Rep, tradeskills, etc)

This has been a gripe of mine for a very, very long time. Currently we keep track of our members through the notes with tags such as, "+Main Blacksmith". "+" Meaning their karazhan keyed, main being their main character etc. Pretty self explanitory.

But what I was wondering if anyone would be willing to take on the task, if creating an addon that will better display these minimal things.
  • Keys (Heroic Keys, Raiding Keys)
  • Tradeskills
  • Reputations

The main thing for me, is the keys since its a real pain to ask everyone if they have a heroic key, karazhan keyed (when not marked), and the same for tradeskills. If anyone is interested in taking this on I could probably make a photoshop mock up, or something to give an idea.
04-02-07, 01:03 PM   #2
Syzgyn
An Aku'mai Servant

http://wow.tachyonsix.com/armory/

That will give you tools to show tradeskills, reputations, and keys, amongst other things.
04-02-07, 01:11 PM   #3
Winco
A Murloc Raider

Originally Posted by Syzgyn
http://wow.tachyonsix.com/armory/

That will give you tools to show tradeskills, reputations, and keys, amongst other things.
Oh awsome thanks for this. Though an in game solution would still be desired... :\

or if anything, a addon to allow custom fields to be made, and the information could be manually added.

Last edited by Winco : 04-02-07 at 01:15 PM.
04-02-07, 01:39 PM   #4
Wowgamer233
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

In-game preferred...

Originally Posted by Winco
Oh awsome thanks for this. Though an in game solution would still be desired... :\

or if anything, a addon to allow custom fields to be made, and the information could be manually added.
I have (had) a similar dilemma but with scheduling events. In my case we have GroupCalendar. A wonderful in-game system that is powerful and complimentary to a web site.

Correct me if I am wrong but you are asking for a similar concept but for being able to identity who in a guild can perform services, i.e. opening lockboxes, etc ? Or of more value who has a very specific recipe that requires faction alignment.

I remember something in the same category as actually existing as a mod. I'll dig around but unless anyone knows of the mod I might be talking about I'd suggest a Google of "tradskill mod wow guild" or something similar.

I'm sure a non-web based version in-game presenting all the facets that an individual wants to share about themselves would be of great value to a guild working well together.

Knowing who has what keys in-game while they are online (or not) would be of great value to creating guild groups instead of spamming guild chat and then being forced to pug.

Edit: Interesting... http://www.wowinterface.com/download...GuildBook.html

Last edited by Wowgamer233 : 04-02-07 at 01:48 PM.
04-02-07, 01:44 PM   #5
Winco
A Murloc Raider

We use groupcalendar but that doesn't address the tradeskills/keying dilemma.
04-02-07, 01:49 PM   #6
Wowgamer233
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Yep...

Originally Posted by Winco
We use groupcalendar but that doesn't address the tradeskills/keying dilemma.
Indeed. What is needed is something of GroupCalendar's quality but specific to tradeskills, recipes known, keys, etc.
04-02-07, 02:06 PM   #7
Winco
A Murloc Raider

Originally Posted by Wowgamer233
Indeed. What is needed is something of GroupCalendar's quality but specific to tradeskills, recipes known, keys, etc.
yea, kind of like wowroster but for the ingame. I was thinking of something a long the lines of the current guild ui but with just more tabs, so you can sort by tradeskills, keys, etc.
04-02-07, 03:21 PM   #8
Syzgyn
An Aku'mai Servant

The problem is that none of that information is available to anyone but the player. So if you wanted to be able to see your whole guild's rep and keys and such, everyone in the guild would have to run a mod for it.
04-02-07, 05:07 PM   #9
Wowgamer233
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Correct...

Originally Posted by Syzgyn
The problem is that none of that information is available to anyone but the player. So if you wanted to be able to see your whole guild's rep and keys and such, everyone in the guild would have to run a mod for it.
... exactly the same way GroupCalendar works. i.e. collaborative.
04-02-07, 06:47 PM   #10
robthedude
Don't Panic

Originally Posted by Wowgamer233
... exactly the same way GroupCalendar works. i.e. collaborative.
and Threatmeters... and most of CTRA's features... point is that it's not an issue.

Anyone of sufficient coding skill interested in this idea?

I for one would love this, so useful

04-03-07, 02:12 PM   #11
Winco
A Murloc Raider

Yes as previously stated by others interested, having the rest of a guild get a mod is not an issue, especially when such a thing would benefit the guild as a whole, and not just me as a raid leader. Having someone take on this task, seems to be more of an issue.
04-11-07, 02:09 PM   #12
Winco
A Murloc Raider

bumping..... :X

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » IMPROVED Guild UI (Keys, Rep, tradeskills, etc)