11-22-08, 12:08 PM   #1
anerak
A Defias Bandit
EQ2-style targetting

i used to use mecaire's macrotexter. i loved it. i miss it.

when you are targetted on a friendly & cast a harmful spell, the harmful spell would go on the friendly's target. vice versa for a heal when targetted a mob.

i just found this incredibly useful on my priest. when i'm goofing around i can nuke the tank's target, or in a raid, i can heal the boss's target without excessive clicking.

i am next to useless when it comes to macros, and dont know how to write my own so it doesn't switch your targets.

is there another mod that does similar out there? or some sort of help for a smite-lovin' priest?
11-22-08, 12:42 PM   #2
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I know I had Clique set up to do what you describe when I played a priest awhile back. I couldn't even begin to remember how to set it up again though (it may have been a preset that came with a compilation even). Play around with the settings a bit (helpful, harmful, and default settings). It's simple to set up as a standard click cast mod, so it won't be a waste if it takes you awhile to get it sorted. That being said, if you aren't looking for click casting for what you describe, this won't fit your expectations.
11-22-08, 02:58 PM   #3
Syzgyn
An Aku'mai Servant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
This macro should work for what you want.

/cast [help] [target=targettarget, help] Flash Heal; [harm] [target=targettarget, harm] Smite
11-22-08, 03:15 PM   #4
Spellshaper
A Murloc Raider

This is possible with Clique and macros.

Set up Clique to use macros for click-casting; here are two expamples which I use:

Code:
/use [target=mouseover,help] [target=mouseovertarget, help] Welle der Heilung
for heals,

or

Code:
/use [target=mouseover,harm] [target=mouseovertarget, harm] Welle der Heilung
for you harmful spell of choice.

Just add your spells.
11-23-08, 11:22 AM   #5
anerak
A Defias Bandit
i'm not a click caster unfortunately but ty for the help & macro line
11-23-08, 11:33 AM   #6
Psoewish
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Originally Posted by Syzgyn View Post
This macro should work for what you want.

/cast [help] [target=targettarget, help] Flash Heal; [harm] [target=targettarget, harm] Smite
That option is not for click-casting.
I think the closest to what you're looking for is the following 2 macros:

1) for helpful spells
Code:
/cast [help][target=targettarget, help] Flash Heal
2) for harmful spells
Code:
/cast [harm][target=targettarget, harm] Smite
Basically the difference between the thing Syzgyn posted and mine, is that Syzgyn's solution is so you can bind 2 spells on a single button, which could get confusing/lead to the wrong results (you'll only be able to heal people if they're targetted my a mob through first targetting that mob before, and when you want to ehal a member when they're targetted, you'll damage the mob instead. :P)

As with mine, I just divided Syzgyn's macro in 2, and it basically makes sure your heal will always heal, no matter who your target is, same with a dps spell, as you described in your original post.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » EQ2-style targetting