02-25-07, 10:40 AM   #1
nepluto
A Murloc Raider
Checking health.

Hi. Im a bit new to the LUA side of programming. I'm trying to work up a mod to determine who needs healed based off of health %. but so far i've come up with an extremely large code that uses alot of memory. Im trying to condense the code.

I have already succesfully grabbed how many people were in a raid or party to determine the max ammount of players to scan through their raid id. only problem i have is storeing all possible values in temp vars so that i can input them into vars for UI output. Im wondering if putting them in a table might help, so i can store the player name and health in one value. But im not quite sure on how i would go about scanning players 1-40(possible) without storeing them in localy declared vars and then sorting the list from lowest to highest, and putting them in the right vars according to the health% they are at. If anyone could help me out i'd appreciate it. thanks.
02-25-07, 05:15 PM   #2
Syzgyn
An Aku'mai Servant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Here's a function I use all the time in my addons to sort tables that dont have key values:

Code:
function Sorted(t, f)
	local a = {}
	for n in pairs(t) do table.insert(a, n) end
	table.sort(a, f)
	local i = 0      -- iterator variable
	local iter = function ()   -- iterator function
		i = i + 1
		if a[i] == nil then return nil
		else return a[i], t[a[i]]
		end
	end
	return iter
end
then instead of calling
Code:
for k, v in pairs(table) do
you call
Code:
for k, v in Sorted(table) do
You can pass a function as f to determine how you want it sorted too. Look at http://lua-users.org/wiki/TableLibraryTutorial for more info about that. Hope this helps.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Checking health.