04-05-17, 02:39 AM   #1
Cyph1n
Question Instance Chat Bubbles

Hi.

I was wondering if there was an addon or some way to be able to see instance chat bubbles such as /w and /s bubbles. Because when I'm raiding/doing dungeons/ect... I don't really look at my chat. And since being a caster I usually hang back a bit so can see pretty much everyone.

Hopefully there is something like this or is doable. I've had to move my chat near the middle of the screen so I can see if the group is talking.
04-05-17, 03:29 AM   #2
Joker119
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Cyph1n View Post
Hi.

I was wondering if there was an addon or some way to be able to see instance chat bubbles such as /w and /s bubbles. Because when I'm raiding/doing dungeons/ect... I don't really look at my chat. And since being a caster I usually hang back a bit so can see pretty much everyone.

Hopefully there is something like this or is doable. I've had to move my chat near the middle of the screen so I can see if the group is talking.
Game Menu -> Interface -> Display -> Player Chat Bubbles -- Change the drop-down selection to "all"
04-05-17, 05:04 AM   #3
Cyph1n
Originally Posted by Galaxy119 View Post
Game Menu -> Interface -> Display -> Player Chat Bubbles -- Change the drop-down selection to "all"
All is already selected. Has been since they changed it (think it was 7.0.3)
Any other suggestions? :/
04-05-17, 05:48 AM   #4
Ketho
A Pyroguard Emberseer

You mean INSTANCE_CHAT bubbles as opposed to SAY bubbles? I don't remember if this was possible in the past, but I don't think so for the current iteration of party/instance chat

Last edited by Ketho : 04-05-17 at 05:54 AM.
04-05-17, 08:30 AM   #5
Cyph1n
Originally Posted by Ketho View Post
You mean INSTANCE_CHAT bubbles as opposed to SAY bubbles? I don't remember if this was possible in the past, but I don't think so for the current iteration of party/instance chat
Yeah I remember Raid/Instance chat didn't have bubbles but party ones did. For example when you were in a dungeon and you can use /p chat and see the bubbles. But now if you're in a dungeon it goes into instance chat automatically.

So there's no way to be able to "make" them appear as chat bubbles? I hate having to try reading through chat when I'm trying to dodge stuff in dungeons/raids/ect
04-05-17, 03:20 PM   #6
Joker119
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Unfortunately, addons are prevented from creating frames in the worldframe like this, due to potential cheating with raid mechanic addons (same reason they took away friendly nameplate editing in 7.2), so AFAIK there wouldn't be a way for an addon to re-create the chat bubbles for instance/raid chat like the game does for say/yell/party.

An addon can however print the text of this channel somewhere on your screen, rather than in the game world. But at that point you might aswell just seperate party/raid/instance chat into it's own chat tab and move it somewhere more convenient to see during combat.
04-06-17, 02:54 AM   #7
Cyph1n
Originally Posted by Galaxy119 View Post
Unfortunately, addons are prevented from creating frames in the worldframe like this, due to potential cheating with raid mechanic addons (same reason they took away friendly nameplate editing in 7.2), so AFAIK there wouldn't be a way for an addon to re-create the chat bubbles for instance/raid chat like the game does for say/yell/party.

An addon can however print the text of this channel somewhere on your screen, rather than in the game world. But at that point you might aswell just seperate party/raid/instance chat into it's own chat tab and move it somewhere more convenient to see during combat.
Dam that sucks. Blizz making it so hard
Well thanks for letting me know.

Any quick suggestions on any raid chat addons you know of? So so I can have a look. I currently have a raid chat window already near the middle of my screen

Maybe there's a way to make a chat box (for example if you have a chat window with instance chat only) load/show if you're in a group? That would be pretty handy I think.

Last edited by Cyph1n : 04-06-17 at 06:16 AM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Instance Chat Bubbles