01-15-11, 07:41 PM   #1
shadriel
A Murloc Raider
Premium Member
request: minimap waypoint overlay

i would really love to have an addon that would display the minimaps waypoints (track markers, quest points, gatherer node points, etc) in an overlay in the center (or just off center) of the gamefield - trick being it needs to only show the waypoints and nothing else so the rest of the view stays clear, as well as you have to be able to click to interact with anything in the game thru it. this would behave fairly similarly to the map overlay that existed in diablo ii - if you are familiar with that game. i would also like to keep the regular minimap as it is now, just have this working in addition to it. is it possible to make an add on that does this? if so please someone do!!
04-29-11, 11:49 AM   #2
shadriel
A Murloc Raider
Premium Member
depressing /cry
04-29-11, 02:20 PM   #3
Rigorous
Noggenfogger Anonymous

both Gatherer (included) and GatherMate2 (as a seperate addon) have "HUDs" that you can configure quite a bit to your liking and would provide something similar to what you are suggesting, but display only, obviously, for the gatherable tradeskill resources they track.

GatherHUD even represents nodes in 3D.

"I guess I kinda lost control, because in the middle of the play I ran up and lit the evil puppet villain on fire. No, I didn't. Just kidding. I just said that to help illustrate one of the human emotions, which is freaking out. Another emotion is greed, as when you kill someone for money, or something like that. Another emotion is generosity, as when you pay someone double what he paid for his stupid puppet." - Jack Handy

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » request: minimap waypoint overlay