01-01-08, 12:45 AM   #301
Bufe
A Cyclonian
Regarding Clique not saving settings.

We managed to solve the problem.
The issue is the way Clique handles profiles.

For a profile to automatically work, you will need to accept the "default"
profile Clique generates for each character.

After remote controlling the players computer (slow stuff...but only way to see for myself)
it was brought to light, that he had been doing, something I had told him to earlier, as I did not know of this problem before.

When clique is loaded on a character for the first time, it makes a profile
for this character, which refers to Charactername and then servername.
When you load wow, and the character, clique will, by default, as we experienced it,
check to see if there is an entry on that server you log in, for that character.

This is visible in Clique.Lua from this

Code:
CliqueDB = {
	["global"] = {
	},
	["profileKeys"] = {
		["Edoria - Shadowmoon"] = "Edoria - Shadowmoon",
If you create a separate profile it will show up in the lua something liek this

Code:
CliqueDB = {
	["profileKeys"] = {
		["Edoria - Shadowmoon"] = "edoria",

Where "edoria" is the name of the profile you created.
In the last case here, Clique, as we experienced it, would not be able to sense that
the previously configured "edoria" should load default with the character Edoria, when logging onto Shadowmoon.

Another important factor is to make the first thing you do, in Clique, when you load it for the first time and want to create a profile for the character for HEALING spells is to select
HELPFULL ACTIONS.
Clique will automatically check there for healing spells, when the addon is loaded.

Because I could not see the other player's screen very well, I put up for HARMFUL ACTIONS, and ofc, nothing worked. But once we put healing spells in HELPFULL ACTIONS, then everything worked nicely.

If you have any comments, or problems with the video I made (which is why this player contacted me) please dont hesitate to contact me.

If you have problems with Clique, then Cladhaire is the imba resource for that.

Bufe,
Evolved
Bronze Dragonflight
Level 70 Restoration/Boomking Druid.
My UI-for those who are curious

Last edited by Bufe : 01-01-08 at 01:14 AM.
01-01-08, 01:40 AM   #302
Adrine
A Kobold Labourer
Smile Regarding Clique not saving settings.

Hi

It was me Bufe helped with the problems that clique did't save my settings.
But now it finaly works and thank for the help Bufe

it's a fantastic addon you have made Cladhaire

but now i got another problem:
when i was in kara yesterday i could't heal any ppl in 2nd grp (i was in first grp) but only in the first group everything worked ok. i had to heal the grp2 manualy, i had to click on each toons, who was a pain becouse they run like chicken and they was a "litle" low on health.
i noticed after a while that i could only heal them when i click on the edge on the frame who was neither easy becouse it was only a smal point it worked on.

Any suggestion what i can do to fix this problem?
i have also tryed to re-install Grid without no luck.
01-01-08, 11:09 AM   #303
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Clique only does what its told to do, and none of the problem you've experienced were "bugs". If you're using Grid and only a small portion of the frame is clickable.. you'll need to talk with the Grid people. I'd need more specifics to do _anything_ else. I have plenty of users who heal with Clique/Grid in 10 man groups, 25 man groups, etc. without incident.
"There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well, and that's be you-- be what you're like-- be like yourself. And so I'm having a wonderful time, but I'd rather be whistling in the dark..."
01-03-08, 04:20 AM   #304
Bufe
A Cyclonian
I agree...most likely a customization problem of grid.
Told him to reinstall grid and try use it in a kara-run without modifying any settings
of grid, just use the defaults.

That should work nicely.

Bufe
01-05-08, 04:17 PM   #305
Nightsabre
A Murloc Raider
Clique not showing Grid frame option

I have used clique and Grid for a long time. When I updated all my mods last night Clique no longer gives me the grid as a frame option. I have deleted all files and reinstalled them. I have also deleted all of my WTF folders for both add-on. What else can I do? I have options to use it with AGframes but not gird

I D/L clique here on wowinterface and I get my Grid from the wowace updater.

Any help would be greatly apprciated!
01-05-08, 04:25 PM   #306
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Clique only shows the frames that register for click-casting. I suggest you bring this up with the Ace folks, as nothing has changed with Clique.. its been standard for the past year or so.
"There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well, and that's be you-- be what you're like-- be like yourself. And so I'm having a wonderful time, but I'd rather be whistling in the dark..."
01-05-08, 04:40 PM   #307
Nightsabre
A Murloc Raider
so you think it is a grid problem? I tried to install a old grid file and it still did not work.
01-05-08, 04:45 PM   #308
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Clique has not changed, so I have no idea what you'd want me to look at.
01-05-08, 04:48 PM   #309
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
I can't troubleshoot the issue for you, so you'll need to do some legwork. Disable everything except Clique and Grid and see if it works. if it does, add addons until it breaks again.. finding out whats wrong.
01-05-08, 04:49 PM   #310
Nightsabre
A Murloc Raider
Ok ty, I will let you know if I resolve the prob.
01-05-08, 05:09 PM   #311
Nightsabre
A Murloc Raider
It was some of the cartographer add-ons. I disabled all the extra stuff I got last night one by one. When I disabled Cartographer Grid appeared in options. Now cartographer by itself worked. But the add-ons for it found in the wowaceupdater messed it up. I do not know which one it is because I deleted them all.

TYVM for all your help. Now I am off to reconfigure everything.... =/
01-06-08, 04:40 AM   #312
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
I'm sorry.. that's one of the major problems with WAU and the way _some_ of those developers write addons =/
01-31-08, 05:15 AM   #313
Flawlless
A Murloc Raider
Buffing..

Hello, I've been looking for help with this on the wow-forums, but I haven't found a way, So I turn to you.

In Clique, is there a way to buff oneself by repeatedly left-clicking on ones frame, and if you are fully buffed, target oneself?(unless something other than targetting is boud to leftclick.)

Thus:

I am a Druid. I have MOTW,Thorns and Omen of Clarity(self only)

I want to buff myself with all three, and others with only MOTW.

on self:
click-motw, click-thorns, click-omen of clarity, click-target self.
UNLESS I have one of the buffs already, it should then skip that one.

this is ofc out of combat.

Last edited by Flawlless : 01-31-08 at 05:20 AM.
01-31-08, 06:31 AM   #314
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Flawlless View Post
Hello, I've been looking for help with this on the wow-forums, but I haven't found a way, So I turn to you.

In Clique, is there a way to buff oneself by repeatedly left-clicking on ones frame, and if you are fully buffed, target oneself?(unless something other than targetting is boud to leftclick.)

Thus:

I am a Druid. I have MOTW,Thorns and Omen of Clarity(self only)

I want to buff myself with all three, and others with only MOTW.

on self:
click-motw, click-thorns, click-omen of clarity, click-target self.
UNLESS I have one of the buffs already, it should then skip that one.

this is ofc out of combat.
Not JUST using Clique, since you're talking about complex logic and changing the state of things. In theory you could write a macro, but you'll run out of characters rather quickly. The best way is probably a dumb /castsequence macro.

Personally, i wrote a tiny addon called "Buffy" that I use for this.
01-31-08, 09:57 AM   #315
Flawlless
A Murloc Raider
is this Buffy-thing something that you would share and does it work with clique?
01-31-08, 10:04 AM   #316
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Its coded specifically for me, so not at the moment (I may release it). Rather than work with Clique, it just gives you a small click-able icon that shows who needs what, and allows you to click it to cast the buff, or provides a keybinding to do the same. I just hit level 31 on my druid, so I'll be hitting the battlegrounds sometime soon here, maybe I'll make it a full scale addon.
01-31-08, 03:10 PM   #317
txamethyst
An Aku'mai Servant

buffing

clique is good, but it can't do everything.

this is what i use for buffing: http://www.wowinterface.com/download...SmartBuff.html

it configures differently based on your group status. solo you can tell it to buff yourself with everything you mentioned, or even in a group or raid. then tell it what buff you want on others, either the group buff or individual, depending on the situation. i buff entire raid groups in seconds just using scrollwheel up/down.

it also tells you when buffs have expired so you can do it all again.
01-31-08, 03:11 PM   #318
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Originally Posted by txamethyst View Post
clique is good, but it can't do everything.

this is what i use for buffing: http://www.wowinterface.com/download...SmartBuff.html

it configures differently based on your group status. solo you can tell it to buff yourself with everything you mentioned, or even in a group or raid. then tell it what buff you want on others, either the group buff or individual, depending on the situation. i buff entire raid groups in seconds just using scrollwheel up/down.

it also tells you when buffs have expired so you can do it all again.
Yikes, why are addons so damn complicated =/. This may push me over the edge to release Buffy :P.
01-31-08, 09:41 PM   #319
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
SmartBuff is complicated, and it's not the slimmest mod by any means, but I can't get away from it...
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

02-01-08, 03:53 AM   #320
Flawlless
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Cladhaire View Post
Yikes, why are addons so damn complicated =/. This may push me over the edge to release Buffy :P.
I downloded smartbuff.. GDAMNIT! so many silly options.. if you do release buffy, please include the 'buff on scroll-wheel' thingie, I DO like that.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Cladhaire's Mods » Help with Clique