10-13-10, 11:15 PM   #21
WallyWest
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Thank you so much for the update. It really is appreciated.

I have shamelessly used Carbonite without donating a dime for the last year or so. Today I realized how much I rely on it. I'm gonna donate $100 or so ASAP.

Thanks again.

10-13-10, 11:21 PM   #22
DJ Particle
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Originally Posted by carboniteaddon View Post
There will be a Carbonite update.

I will be working on fixing immediate 4.0 issues tonight/tomorrow. Don't know how long that will take. Still trying to get our computers patched up. Son's is having errors...
Thank you so much for this news
I'm circulating the news among other topics, just in case.

And to the other members of the community:
This announcement means they need your donations more than ever, as they will need many hours to get Carb 4 working My donation will come next week when my paycheck comes in!

10-13-10, 11:23 PM   #23
radellaf
A Kobold Labourer
Wish I could afford that much, but I agree with the sentiment. Seeing how much WoW sucks without Carbonite, I sent in a donation.

'course the lack of Carbonite isn't the only issue. I'm taking a few days more or less off while Blizz finds my missing characters and fixes (I hope) the uneven frame rates. The extensiveness of the changes came as a total surprise to me.

10-13-10, 11:27 PM   #24
ucdavew
A Murloc Raider
I know I'm a first-time poster, and am going to soon be a first-time contributor, but I read the forums frequently, and just have to throw a tremendous bravo and thanks out for updating. Though I wasn't giving up on Carbonite OR WoW... I was starting to get a bit blue around the lips from holding my breath. LOL

10-13-10, 11:52 PM   #25
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Thanks for the donations! They definitely encourage us to work on it.

We now have the patch applied and WoW seems to be running OK, so I'm looking into the errors now. I'll be up late.

10-14-10, 12:14 AM   #26
shomrac
A Defias Bandit
thanks thanks thanks - WOW is nearly unplayable without carbonite... i just have been donating to your account... and some more THANKS THANKS THANKS

10-14-10, 01:22 AM   #27
schizophrena
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
All I can say is that it is very amusing with each patch after Blizz didn't allow Carb to be used on a pay-as basis, that people complained as soon as Carb was broken, usually saying that they believe it wouldn't be updated again.

Others have certainly said it right, there are always times where Blizz introduces a patch, Carbonite is broken for a little bit, but they have always gotten it back up - so we just need to be patient.

I sincerely hope that the people who are saying they are going to donate do, and hopefully they remember in the future what gaming is/was like without Carbonite and the work that goes with it.

I go back to the paid days, and I remember getting a reminder e-mail about a subscription or so - hopefully something like that can be enacted (perhaps an e-mail or a message on WoW interface to a user) to be sent at user-defined intervals to thank them for previous donations and remind them that future donations are also very welcome.

This year, I'll be later in my donations because of my financial tidings, but you can be sure that my donations to Carbonite and a couple of other mods will find their way there when I can afford it.

Anyways, I'll certainly add my heart felt thanks for responding and letting us know. I will look forward to the update!

10-14-10, 01:42 AM   #28
loonyclan
A Kobold Labourer
Gosh that damn blizz mob with that add on they call wow stuffing up that great game carb ... they should be shot!!! :P

Sarcasm aside it is brilliant news that carbonite shall rise again like the phoenix and while the guys work hard (as they always have) bringing us the next iteration I will definitely be enjoying wow for what it is, a great game!

Guys we ancient wow players that remember Burning crusade and liche king are not so UPSET by all this change. (well I'm not! lol). It will all smooth out soon and we will be left with what will be effectively a new / refreshed WOW

Last edited by loonyclan : 10-14-10 at 01:44 AM. Reason: deformed grammer :)

10-14-10, 01:51 AM   #29
schizophrena
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by loonyclan View Post
Guys we ancient wow players that remember Burning crusade and liche king are not so UPSET by all this change. (well I'm not! lol). It will all smooth out soon and we will be left with what will be effectively a new / refreshed WOW
Not to sound like a flame... but ancient players = players during BC? What do we call those players back in Vanilla WoW - Gods of their time? But I'll agree with you on your last statement.

10-14-10, 02:07 AM   #30
Tenebrous
A Murloc Raider
Whew! I'm going to have to sit down after all that.

And a donation will be definitely on it's way... once Carbonite works again

10-14-10, 02:43 AM   #31
Kythlyn
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by schizophrena View Post
Not to sound like a flame... but ancient players = players during BC? What do we call those players back in Vanilla WoW - Gods of their time? But I'll agree with you on your last statement.
Or worse... Beta testers that played before Vanilla even launched... >_<

10-14-10, 02:57 AM   #32
bmtphoenix
A Fallenroot Satyr
As someone who was calling Carbonite dead, I'd just like to say...oh hell yes...

10-14-10, 03:08 AM   #33
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I'm slugging through the errors, but Blizz broke a lot of code. Everything seems fixable so far. It could take a few days.

10-14-10, 03:52 AM   #34
Goranth
An Aku'mai Servant
Xd

This is great! I have been trollin along for a reply, and awesome to see one wakin up! I think I'm gonna set my paypal to start sending u guys some dev cash, as much as i dont wanna sound liek the angry folk, WoW without carb sucks Thanks for takin the time to work it out and to let us know!

10-14-10, 03:58 AM   #35
Tenebrous
A Murloc Raider
I'm slugging through the errors, but Blizz broke a lot of code. Everything seems fixable so far. It could take a few days.
We're right behind you! In a supportive way not in a hiding-behind-you way.

10-14-10, 04:01 AM   #36
mrprius
A Murloc Raider
i hope the get carbon working again Soon
i hope the donation i just did wil help them alot

10-14-10, 04:47 AM   #37
Ulkterna
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
We were caught off guard by the 4.0 patch. Haavok is out of town. I have not been playing games the last several weeks, since I'm busy on other projects. My son plays Wow, but has not for the last few days, so we had no idea there was a patch until I got that email today and thought he meant Cataclysm. I ran WoW and the update started saying "4.01". Needless to say I was surprised!

There will be a Carbonite update.

I will be working on fixing immediate 4.0 issues tonight/tomorrow. Don't know how long that will take. Still trying to get our computers patched up. Son's is having errors...
I hope you plan to add 4.0.0 and 4.0.1 fix's

If you need any help patching I'd be happy to assist you, as a software Tech I'm quite good with work arounds, I understand you program but if you need help Don't hesitate to ask, I was actually thinking about trying to bandage fix Carb tonight, Countless friends are Going off the walls over not having Carb Its a headach LOL, But good to see this post, Keep us updated please!

10-14-10, 05:09 AM   #38
TrotskyIcepick
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
Thanks Faatal for the updates, that's all most of us needed to hear. Take as long as you need even if it means waiting till after 7.12 to get it just right for final Cata.

10-14-10, 05:13 AM   #39
love4stupidppl
A Black Drake

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of cataclysm, I will fear no evil, for carb will be with me; your LUA and your Map, they comfort me.

Let it be known that trolling DID NOT bring a dev to comment.

10-14-10, 05:17 AM   #40
Myzou
A Kobold Labourer
Thank you SO much

I have 6 80s at the moment, and 2 71s. I pretty much cannot level without Carbonite ever since I first found it, after my first 2 80s were at 80, XD

Luckily, I can no longer seem to play my rogue, as it's very confusing, XD And my warlock is fine in dungeons for a while

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Carb in Cataclysm *CONFIRMED*