12-04-07, 04:21 PM   #1
evahnna
A Murloc Raider
No "enable add-on option" at char select screen

I just downloaded and installed AtlasLoot Enhanced, Lightheaded, and TomTom, but there is no "Enable Add-Ons" checkbox on my character select screen when I start World of Warcraft.

I downloaded them from:
http://www.wowinterface.com/list.php?skinnerid=39780
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...ghtHeaded.html
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...32-TomTom.html

The filepaths are :
C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\AtlasLoot Enhanced v4.02.01
C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\LightHeaded-r175
C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\TomTom-r69

This is how I've tried to fix the problem so far:
-I restarted the game.
-I reorganized the subfiles (for TomTom) by consolidating all of the files from it's subfolders into the main "TomTom" folder. (experimenting...)
-I tried deleting the "AuctioneerAdvancedSuite-5.0.PRE.2616" folder from my Program Files altogether, since I was told that it is buggy and could be causing the other programs to malfunction. (I just downloaded this one today as well, so have never used it.)
-I tried moving the add-on folders to another "Interface" folder that I found at this location:
C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Data\enUS\Interface (I created a folder named "AddOns" inside of this Interface folder to put them in.)

The only other reason I can think of that it is not working is that I downloaded the Burning Crusade expansion (as part of a 10-day trial), and although the trial period is over, I have not yet bought the Expasion Pack, and am just playing the game without the expansion. The Burning Crusade files must still be installed somewhere on my computer, but I have not been able to find and delete/uninstall them. Could this mean that I have a whole other file directory for WOW on my computer somewhere (perhaps with another Interface/AddOns folder)?

Any suggestions will be much appreciated! =)
12-04-07, 04:59 PM   #2
Auren
An Aku'mai Servant

make sure the foldernames are the same as the .toc files.

remove the version etc after.

LightHeaded
LightHeaded_A20_Data
TomTom
etc
Shaman [Elemental] - 77
Mage [Frost] - 76
Priest [Shadow] - 75
Hunter [Beast] - 72

Last edited by Auren : 12-04-07 at 05:02 PM.
12-04-07, 05:14 PM   #3
evahnna
A Murloc Raider
Thanks for the suggestion. I tried though and there's still no box. =(
12-04-07, 05:21 PM   #4
Gemini_II
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
At the top of the page is a button that says "FAQ". Please click on that and have a look. Specifically, this part covers your problem. Easier for you to read, see, and understand than to try to explain.

12-04-07, 06:51 PM   #5
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Yes - you have folder-in-folder syndrome.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

12-04-07, 07:21 PM   #6
Delena
A Cyclonian

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by evahnna
The filepaths are :
C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\AtlasLoot Enhanced v4.02.01
C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\LightHeaded-r175
C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\TomTom-r69

The filepaths should be like:
C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\TomTom
whitout the addon release number -r69.
This means probably that your true addons folders are inside those you got.
12-04-07, 08:17 PM   #7
evahnna
A Murloc Raider
Ok, so I took all of the individual files and put them into one folder for each add-on, and now the "enable add-ons" option has appeared. Unfortunately, when I enter the game, the add-ons are not working. *sigh*
12-04-07, 08:29 PM   #8
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
It sounds like you still don't have the right folder hierarchy. You're not supposed to do anything extra - don't create a new folder when extracting (that's how you got the folders with the version numbers in the name - you/your extraction software created a new folder to place the contents of the zip into), don't just place everything into one folder (like viewing the zip and then dragging everything out of it or taking everything out of their original folders and putting them in a new one), etc.

Download the zip to your desktop. Right-click the zip file. Select "extract to here". Move what it spits out to your Addons folder.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

12-04-07, 09:12 PM   #9
evahnna
A Murloc Raider
Thanks Seerah, I followed your suggestion and the add-ons work now. Only thing is, there is this huuge list of add-ons (one for each related file for each add-on) on the enable/disable add-ons window. Is that how it's supposed to be?
12-04-07, 09:57 PM   #10
Pigl33t
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Depends on the add-on but since I use LightHeaded I can tell you that it's normal with all those parts in the "Enable Add-On" list. All do need to be enabled though.
12-04-07, 10:50 PM   #11
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
well, they don't *need* to all be enabled (if you're alliance, you don't need the horde databases, for example) - but it doesn't hurt as they will only load when the addon asks for them anyhow. If you have the level 40-60 quest data enabled but do not have any quests in that level range, the addon will never request that data and it will never be loaded.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » No "enable add-on option" at char select screen