12-05-07, 01:17 PM   #1
EnjoyRC
A Fallenroot Satyr

Question UI Bottom Dashboard?

I've seen many UI Collections that display a dashboard like bottom of the screen. It looks like simply graphics overlay with normal addons floating over it. I've downloaded a few of the UI Collections to see if I could figure out which addon is doing it... I can't figure it out.

Any suggestions?
12-05-07, 01:32 PM   #2
ReverendD
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
XArt, SunnArt, or eePanels with textures.

XArt and SUnnArt have premade textures that you use, eePanles2 allows you to use any textures you want as long as they are made correctly.
12-05-07, 01:34 PM   #3
Syxx
An Onyxian Warder

Sunn Art , XArt , and eepanels2 can even do the bottom panel.
12-05-07, 02:19 PM   #4
Sithraza
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

for eepanels though, u need to get or make the textures that you want, and have them in .tga or .blp
12-05-07, 02:21 PM   #5
Slakah
A Molten Giant

oPanel is nice just takes a bit of getting use to.
12-05-07, 03:10 PM   #6
ReverendD
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

Originally Posted by Sithraza
for eepanels though, u need to get or make the textures that you want, and have them in .tga or .blp
You can use any art from other addons (Discord, XArt, etc) as well, so there is plenty of premade textures out there.
12-05-07, 03:19 PM   #7
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

Direct copy and paste from a post I maid on another forum. I have mentioned mostly popular and easy to find mods:

Depends on the UI setup. Some UIs will create a solid bar across the bottom where chat, action bar buttons and the like are placed. This can be created by one of several mods.

- Viewport mod. This actually reduces the sized of the rendered area on screen so the "bar" does not cover any of the onscreen action. Mods include Aperture and CT_Viewport

- Art mod. This mod adds background art to which other mods can be overlayed. Some Art mods can also enable a viewport mod as well. Discord Art, SunnArt, and ElectrofluxTextronator are all popular choices.

- Panel mod. This adds graphic panels which overlay the action on screen. These panels are often used to provide backgrounds for chat windows and other mods without covering the entire screen the way Art and Viewport mods do. Panel mods can be used to place art on screen as well. Discord Art and eePanels2 are popular choices.

- Skin mods. A skin mod reskins the entire WoW interface. This type of mod can be used to create some simple panels with gradient backgrounds, viewports with a gradient background, or just a simple bar with a gradient panel. Skinner is the biggie here

Which one you use is up to you. A viewport is the simplest way to get a Dashboard like you describe. If you want a bit more "bling" then an Art mod will be the way to. If you want maximum flexibility then a Panel mod is great for that.
12-06-07, 12:32 PM   #8
Delena
A Cyclonian

Point with the mouse the frame which you want to give a frame background and type in your chat:
/script DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage(GetMouseFocus():GetName());
with eePanels just enable the advanced settings, create a panel.
Go to the frame settings, put the just discovered frame name in the "Parent UI" field.

A lua code to skin a frame with skinner:
function Skinner:eePanels()
self:keepRegions(eePanel1, {})
self:applySkin(eePanel1, nil)
end

Last edited by Delena : 12-06-07 at 12:36 PM.
12-06-07, 01:20 PM   #9
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Originally Posted by Delena
A lua code to skin a frame with skinner:
function Skinner:eePanels()
self:keepRegions(eePanel1, {})
self:applySkin(eePanel1, nil)
end
why would you need to skin an eePanel with skinner? Most mods are skinned already, and if one isn't that you want to be, let jncl know and he'll have it done in the next day or two if he's not busy. As for wanting random panels that look the same as skinner on your screen, there are like 5-7 "middle frames" I think they're called in skinner. You can move them, resize them, etc.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

12-06-07, 01:44 PM   #10
tintingurl
A Frostmaul Preserver

there is also BTex

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » UI Bottom Dashboard?