12-05-07, 04:32 PM   #1
wolfe89
A Murloc Raider
Question Searching for new UI or Add-ons, and need help with UI's. Give some ideas

Hey I'm lookin to find some new add-ons or UIs fr WOW, so any suggestions on what to do. If not I am also looking for help setting up my UI Photek. It's confusing and im not able to get on much to fool around with it. Give me some suggestions on new UIs or help out with Photek. TY

Last edited by wolfe89 : 12-07-07 at 09:40 PM.
12-06-07, 04:51 AM   #2
Diabolique666
An Aku'mai Servant
Photek is fully costumizable... there is no part of it that cant be modified. What particular part you cant customize?
12-06-07, 12:21 PM   #3
Delena
A Cyclonian

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Photek UI has the basic addons which gives you the UI style, but you still need very important addons:

Cooldown bars for pvp, I suggest ClassTimer and Natur EnemyCastbar.
A good raid UI: OzRaid, or Perfect Raid, or the most used Grid.
Raid alerts and boss timers: oRA2 and DeadlyBossMod
Threat meter to check the amount of your threat: Omen or KLHThreatMeter

and check this http://www.wowwiki.com/Useful_macros

Last edited by Delena : 12-06-07 at 12:27 PM.
12-06-07, 12:36 PM   #4
Slakah
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Delena
Photek UI has the basic addons which gives you the UI style, but you still need very important addons:
I wouldn't say you "need" them I live quite happily without.
12-06-07, 12:39 PM   #5
Delena
A Cyclonian

Originally Posted by Slakah
I wouldn't say you "need" them I live quite happily without.
yes, but if we don't consider the pvp bars, the others addons are often mandatory for many guilds.
12-06-07, 01:22 PM   #6
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
The OP never even mentioned that they were raiding.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

12-06-07, 01:33 PM   #7
Delena
A Cyclonian

Originally Posted by Seerah
The OP never even mentioned that they were raiding.
The OP said he was searching new addons, having Photek. The addons I suggested are also useful with 5 men groups. For example if you are a mage and your group is killing an Elite miniboss, a threat meter can be useful, I've also suggested something for pvp.

The next time someone ask for addons I will say: "there is nothing more useful than Photek addons"
12-06-07, 01:55 PM   #8
JaceDaAce
A Black Drake

Originally Posted by Delena
The OP said he was searching new addons, having Photek. The addons I suggested are also useful with 5 men groups. For example if you are a mage and your group is killing an Elite miniboss, a threat meter can be useful, I've also suggested something for pvp.

The next time someone ask for addons I will say: "there is nothing more useful than Photek addons"
Don't worry I think that your suggestion is a very valid one and you have given your opinion. Mind you I agree with your choices lol. Do you use Classtimers and NECB together or seperately?
12-06-07, 02:58 PM   #9
Delena
A Cyclonian

Originally Posted by JaceDaAce
Don't worry I think that your suggestion is a very valid one and you have given your opinion. Mind you I agree with your choices lol. Do you use Classtimers and NECB together or seperately?
I use them together, but only in pvp
12-06-07, 04:33 PM   #10
wolfe89
A Murloc Raider
Ok well ty for the suggestions on the add-ons, because I was thinking bout those as well.

But since I had no arguments on a different interface, I am guessing that Photek is good. I haven't had much time to explore it so I'm not able to really ask for what I need to be configured,so as soon as I can (prolly Friday) I will ask for help, but if possible, can I get some basic knowlege about it. I know it's a very broad question, but it will help (BTW Ima newb at this kinda stuff).

And thank you for the add-on suggestions.
12-06-07, 04:47 PM   #11
wolfe89
A Murloc Raider
Ok well i gt payed so I gt on real quick and now i gt some questions. First of all, it doesnt fit to my screen correctly. It seems like Im missing some things on the sides but theirs a blank bar at the top. I think the bottom is not showing.

And also, when I load the game, there is a warning saying that ________ is loaded but the skin was not found in the SkinMe directory or something along those lines (there are several of the same messages)

Now remember, I am a newb at this. I play WOW I don't everything.
12-07-07, 06:55 AM   #12
Diabolique666
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by wolfe89
And also, when I load the game, there is a warning saying that ________ is loaded but the skin was not found in the SkinMe directory or something along those lines (there are several of the same messages)

Now remember, I am a newb at this. I play WOW I don't everything.

Write down what is missing then go to your AddOns/Skinner/AddonSkins folder and copy those skins to AddOns/Skinner/SkinMe folder.
12-07-07, 07:37 AM   #13
wolfe89
A Murloc Raider
Ok well I know I/'m being impatient but i dnt want to have to go through all the stuff for Photek, so if anyone can tell me the interphase they are using or any add-ons they have, it would be helpful.

Last edited by wolfe89 : 12-07-07 at 09:39 PM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Searching for new UI or Add-ons, and need help with Photek. Give some ideas