08-25-09, 01:23 PM   #1
clojrz
A Murloc Raider
Super simple boss timers?

I am looking for a very minimal boss timer (DBM, bigwigs like mod) that doesn't have all the fluff (configuration menus, etc etc). Or is there a library (ace2/3 maybe) that has all the boss tracking stuff and only requires some sort of display (LDB perhaps)?

my goal is a very light weight mod that will allow me to keep track of boss abilities during an encounter. big wigs and the like use up way more memory than I would like to 1-2 meg.
08-25-09, 02:44 PM   #2
Tristanian
Andúril
Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You may have a look at Deus Vox Encounters and BossEncounter2. It needs to be said though, you will have difficulties finding an addon similar to the accuracy and reliability of BigWigs and DBM. Why are you considered that much about memory usage though ? It's largely irrelevant in terms of performance, unless you are running WoW on a relatively low spec system (1GB of RAM or less ?) at which point, you probably have more serious issues.
08-25-09, 03:21 PM   #3
Rabbit
A Murloc Raider
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Note that we're in the process of slimming down BigWigs considerably and also porting it to Ace3 at the same time.

We've already reduced the zipped size of BigWigs from 764.8 KiB (last release) to 750.0 KiB (latest alpha), that's a drop of 14.8 KiB of *zipped text*, which is quite frankly a huge improvement. And that's just the beginning.

That said, remember that you can actually delete any modules that you don't want from BigWigs manually (from disk).

Say, for example, that you're only interested in the messages, and not bars -- just delete Plugins\Bars2.lua.

You can also safely delete RaidWarn.lua, Sound.lua, RaidIcon.lua, BossBlock.lua and Colors.lua. Normal boss warnings would still work. You can even probably delete Comm.lua and 99% would still work. You need to keep TargetMonitor unless you want to manually activate boss modules, and Messages.lua to display the boss warning messages -- or you can delete Messages.lua and keep Bars2.lua to only get bars :P

You can also delete the whole Extras folder, it only contains extra functionality like custom bars, flash'n'shake,proximity monitor and version check.

And last, but not least, delete the raid instances and/or bosses you're not interested in.
08-26-09, 07:32 AM   #4
clojrz
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Tristanian View Post
You may have a look at Deus Vox Encounters and BossEncounter2. It needs to be said though, you will have difficulties finding an addon similar to the accuracy and reliability of BigWigs and DBM. Why are you considered that much about memory usage though ? It's largely irrelevant in terms of performance, unless you are running WoW on a relatively low spec system (1GB of RAM or less ?) at which point, you probably have more serious issues.
I took a look at DXE and liked the interface, but not exactly what I was looking for. BossEncounter I have never heard of and will take a look into it thanks. It's not that I am running on a low profile system (but not a high end either). So in order for me to run the video settings that I enjoy the game with I can't have my UI chewing up whatever memory I do have left, especially in a 25m environment.

Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
Note that we're in the process of slimming down BigWigs considerably and also porting it to Ace3 at the same time.

We've already reduced the zipped size of BigWigs from 764.8 KiB (last release) to 750.0 KiB (latest alpha), that's a drop of 14.8 KiB of *zipped text*, which is quite frankly a huge improvement. And that's just the beginning.

That said, remember that you can actually delete any modules that you don't want from BigWigs manually (from disk).

Say, for example, that you're only interested in the messages, and not bars -- just delete Plugins\Bars2.lua.

You can also safely delete RaidWarn.lua, Sound.lua, RaidIcon.lua, BossBlock.lua and Colors.lua. Normal boss warnings would still work. You can even probably delete Comm.lua and 99% would still work. You need to keep TargetMonitor unless you want to manually activate boss modules, and Messages.lua to display the boss warning messages -- or you can delete Messages.lua and keep Bars2.lua to only get bars :P

You can also delete the whole Extras folder, it only contains extra functionality like custom bars, flash'n'shake,proximity monitor and version check.

And last, but not least, delete the raid instances and/or bosses you're not interested in.
Thanks for the great info. I think I will play around with that tonight and slim down what I don't need.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Super simple boss timers?