04-15-18, 08:37 PM   #1
JDoubleU00
A Firelord

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Holiday Quest Addon

I'm looking for an addon that could do two things:

1. Identify all the quests in my quest log that pertain to a past holiday that I can no longer complete.
2. Abandon those quests for me after I click a button or some means of a prompt.

I'm not aware of any addons that can do this. I took a quick look at the quest API and did not see any way of identifying a quest associated with a holiday. Unless there is an API function that I am missing, I'm guessing the only way to do this is by creating a table of quests by holidays.

OK, I know I can simply go through the list and abandon them myself, but I'm lazy err trying to be efficient.

Another thought I had is maybe I could just display the quests along with a checkbox and a button to abandon the ones that I checked.

Thoughts? Is this practical without becoming the Yog-Sothoth of coding?
04-16-18, 09:38 AM   #2
Nimhfree
A Frostmaul Preserver
Grail is a quest database and can tell you the quests associated with a holiday. You could then make an addon to abandon those quests as you wish. The companion addon Wholly (which displays the Grail data through the eyes of the player) does not have the ability to abandon quests like you want though.
04-16-18, 10:53 AM   #3
JDoubleU00
A Firelord

Originally Posted by Nimhfree View Post
Grail is a quest database and can tell you the quests associated with a holiday. You could then make an addon to abandon those quests as you wish. The companion addon Wholly (which displays the Grail data through the eyes of the player) does not have the ability to abandon quests like you want though.
Thank you! I forgot about Grail and Wholly. I will look at them.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Holiday Quest Addon