09-23-06, 05:10 AM   #1
Ozymandius
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
OzRaid

Hi all,

Please be gentle- I havent used this site before.
I have just submitted my new addon OzRaid!

Anyway:
OzRaid basically gives you 8 fully configurable health/mana display windows, with a LOT of options. There is a full readme in the zip, so please lookthere for guidance as it can be quite scary for the first time user.

At its heart, you select an input for the window. Usually something like raid members health, but it can be class mana (i.e. combined priests mana) or even targetted mobs health. You then apply filters, that can hide bars ifthey are over a certain percentage, hide basedon group, class type, range, buff status - you name it. Finally you can apply up to two sorting criteria, and then configure the final display (colours, sizes, names, etc.)

Buffs can be selected from a list of practically ALL possible buffs & debuffs. Quite intimidating, but pressing 'default' wil give you a basic selection based on your class. Use the 'clear' button if this window does not need buffs displaying.

As an example, I (as a mage) use the following windows:

A raid overview showing AB/AI, amp/damp magic (if leading a raid I add PoF,GotW, & Soulstone too)
I have a 'buff me' window that is hidden, unless someone in my allocated groups needs AB or AI in which casethe window appears with their names. This both reminds me to buff, and tells me how many mana users inthat group need the buff so I can choose single or group versions.
I have a 'cure me' window, that shows people who a cursed, and in range. I do use decursive but this window is smaller & more obvious, and only showsthose in curing range. if its empty it hides itself, so its another goodreminded window.
I have a mostly hidden 'people near me' window that I pop open for fights such as Ragnaros - warns me ifIm standing too close to anyone.
I have a targetted mob view, showing Curse of elements & sunders, sorted by health. Useful for picking a good target to hit (and an alternative target if I do a big crit & want to switch briefly to keep aggro down)
And I use a class mana view.

Healers can build an emergency monitor, or small windows showing just tanks, or just their groups, druids can show healer mana for innervating, and warlocks can see all the currently engaged mobs and what curses they have - an easy way to tell at a glance if more curses are needed.

You may be thinking this is like CTRaid windows - and it is. You can even set up a CTRaid-like emergency monitor. However, these windows are far more customisable, both in content (with the filters) and in look.

It is the first 'major' addon I have written, and I still have a large 'todo list', but please give comments, suggestions & feedback
I hope you find this addon as useful as I do,

-Ozy

Last edited by Ozymandius : 09-23-06 at 05:18 AM.
09-23-06, 12:10 PM   #2
Diurnos
A Cyclonian
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
well i gotta say from the looks of it i think im gonna love it, i just need some time to try it out since i gotta go now , but it looks great.
09-23-06, 06:37 PM   #3
lgerbarg
A Kobold Labourer
I have tried it out and am quite impressed. A few comments:

Sort by alphabetical... This is really useful when click casting, I do not want the bars constantly jumping around. Maybe I am just missing something, but I did not see this as an option

In filter, what does Buffed mean? Does it mean the person has at least one buff slot filled? It would be really great if we could filter for specific buffs.

Greater Blessings and regular Blessings should probably not have seperate entries in the priority lists.

I do not mean to sound negative, I really really like it, which is why I am bothering to spend the time to nitpick ;-)
09-23-06, 07:29 PM   #4
Eronald
A Defias Bandit
The buffed and not buffed filter is buggy, or perhaps i misunderstood its usage. I tried to make a "Need Rebuff" frame which only shows the not buffed people, and i went to buff setting to only select the buff im assigned, the rest set to "none". It doesn't work.

Also I'd like to request more frames. Merely 8 isn't enough if, say, you're having one frame per class and want to monitor other stuff. I'd be nice if you can add frame, remove frame, instead of a preset number of frames.

Lastly, I'd nice to be able to save your layouts and frames into sets, like in CTRA's "option sets".

Nice mod btw.
09-24-06, 05:00 AM   #5
Ozymandius
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
This is really useful when click casting, I do not want the bars constantly jumping around
If you just sort the raid by group only, then the bars won't jump around unless their group changes. You can also sort by class, and then group - and again the bars will keep their order.

In filter, what does Buffed mean? Does it mean the person has at least one buff slot filled? It would be really great if we could filter for specific buffs.
'Buffed' currenty means one or more buffs that you are tracking.
Forpally's in particular it would be nice to filter based on different buffs per bar - but what is stopping me doing this is I cant work out anynice way to be able to configure this

Greater Blessings and regular Blessings should probably not have seperate entries in the priority lists.
They have different textures therefore they must be seperate entries I'm afraid. One entry in the list corresponds to a single texture I scan for - no easy way to bunch them up at the moment. The only combined one is Mark/Giftof thewild - because the icon in the buff list is the same for both buffs.

The buffed and not buffed filter is buggy, or perhaps i misunderstood its usage. I tried to make a "Need Rebuff" frame which only shows the not buffed people, and i went to buff setting to only select the buff im assigned, the rest set to "none". It doesn't work.
The need rebuff version _should_ work - I use it at the moment for my AB/AI buffs and it seems Ok. What buff are you checking for & I will see if I can repeat it.
There IS a bug with the 'not buffed' filter tho (for example if you only try to show people soulstone) which I should have fixed for the next version. There is also a small bug with the buff priority - sometimes the buff is listed but doesnt seem to be 'detected' properly. Try 'clearing' the buff list and then resetting the priority of the buff you want & see if it is any better.

Also I'd like to request more frames. Merely 8 isn't enough if, say, you're having one frame per class and want to monitor other stuff. I'd be nice if you can add frame, remove frame, instead of a preset number of frames.
More than 8?!? Umm... I am reticent about adding more - each frame does require a certain amount of overhead, and more than 8 is possibly going to be on the slow side. One frame per class is also very very wasteful - the way the mod works is it starts by adding all 40 raid members to a list then removing the unwanted - so you would be wasting 7/8ths of the processing in each frame. Combine it so you have several classes in a window instead & it would be much more efficient.

I have thought about being able to dynamically add frames - it is on my wish list
09-25-06, 09:02 AM   #6
Diurnos
A Cyclonian
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
great mod so far tried it now, tho i have a question.
Im a noob at mod making , but is it possible to add to the frames that ,
you can have the health displayed on it, but when the mana gets lower the color of the bar changes (so health with numbers on it, and like blue bar for full mana and grey bar for empty mana (and in between for any type of mana in between) , maybe the same thing for rage / energy tho i think it is a lot less usefull)
09-26-06, 03:58 AM   #7
Ozymandius
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Glad you like it
Um... maybe
Several people have asked about combined health/mana, so I'm looking at various methods that will won't add too much overhead. Changing the bar colour might work - depends if people use the 'red meas warning'. Nice idea tho, it shall go onto my list of possibles
10-03-06, 01:27 AM   #8
Sparxxx
A Kobold Labourer

I've been using OzRaid since you released it and i must say i completely love it.

Is there any chance of showing afk status? dont know if there is already but that would make this rock even harder. Thanks!
10-03-06, 04:36 AM   #9
Ozymandius
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
If you have CTRaidAssist, then you get AFK status shown in the tooltip.
As far as I know, there is no way for an addon to test if another player is AFK. You can parse the combat log for the 'You have gone AFK' message & work out if you are AFK, but you cant get the details of other raid members sadly. That means, to do the AFK for other people, you need a mod that broadcasts when that player goes AFK like CTRA does. I could add a similar thing to OzRaid, but unless everyone used OzRaid (woo!) it wouldnt work
Maybe one day Blizz will add an 'IsUnitAFK' function which would make it all much easier
10-03-06, 04:51 PM   #10
Morisey
A Kobold Labourer
Thumbs up

Edit: Just found Your post about status with Clique implementation , so issue solved

Looks realy promising , great look , very little screen space , highly customizable ... great job so far !

But is there any chance to implement custom click functionality (any other than select) , like hook for example with Clique

Thanks

Last edited by Morisey : 10-03-06 at 05:02 PM.
10-03-06, 05:03 PM   #11
TIV73
A Murloc Raider
Until there is an official plugin for clique, you could take the unofficial one. wesslen made one, it can be found in the comment area of ozraid at curse-gaming.

I took the liberty of uploading the needed files here . Just copy these in your plugins-directory of clique.
10-03-06, 05:52 PM   #12
BlackPanther
A Fallenroot Satyr
there is an plugin for ozraid in the newest version of Clique .
10-03-06, 07:52 PM   #13
Ilsken
A Kobold Labourer
Would it be possible to implement a highlight effect on the player bar you are currently targetting and another for the one you have your mouse cursor over? It would be an excellent visual targetting aid (Think x-perl and perfect raid =) )
With my current setup (tooltips off on the raidframes since they tend to obstruct my view of the other groups) I find it a wee bit difficult to keep track of my current target and most importantly, with the emeregency monitor on, the raid members switch their relative positions quite a bit which causes me to click on the wrong target sometimes.

Apart from that I have to applaud you for a very nice set of highly customizable raid frames. Keep up the good work!

P.S and pretty please, with extra cream and sugar on top, make sure it's compatible with oRA2 and BigWigs, they are far superior to CT_RA + BossMods

Regards,

Ilsken.
10-03-06, 10:30 PM   #14
brettmc79
A Kobold Labourer
Would there be any way to have the option to grow the frames up instead of down by chance?
10-04-06, 05:06 AM   #15
Ozymandius
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
@Ilsken
Nice idea
I'm currently trying to rewrite most of the code, so Ill add this to my list of new thingies
I will try oRA & Bigwigs at some point - at the moment Im justusing CTRaidfor buff times etc., depends if bigwigs etc. support these values.

@brettmc79
Its on my todo
10-25-06, 07:58 AM   #16
AzzyMaria
A Kobold Labourer
I hope this is the right place to do this. I have been using OzRaid and I simply love it. My only issue right now are some error messages that I am getting.

Interface\AddOns\OzRaid\OzRaidRoster.lua:
247: attempt to index field `?' (a nil value)

Sometimes instead of the number 247, it will be 220.

This error ALWAYS pops up when we are doing the Gothik fight, just as the last 2 waves of deathknights are coming out. I end up having to click the cancel button a good 10-12 times before the error message will go away. It also happens during the Loatheb encounter. I know I have seen it other times, just can't remember atm.

Any clues as to what I am doing wrong to get these errors?
02-05-07, 05:10 AM   #17
Tss
A Defias Bandit
Posted this on wrong page maybe?

Ill try here also

Sorry about my lousy English.

Iam gone try to explain better.

Prayer of mending is a buff that JUMPs from my part/Raid members and heal abit when they are taking damage.

so i rly would like to keep track of who its on and if its running out.

Hope someone can help me out here thanks

Quote:
Originally posted by Tss
Love this mod alot. So thanks Ozymandius

Have a questing tho.

Is it posible to see prayer of mending as a buff??

I see all my the other buffs i cast on players but no Prayer Of Mending
12-03-07, 11:15 AM   #18
Delena
A Cyclonian

Originally Posted by Tss
Posted this on wrong page maybe?

Ill try here also

Sorry about my lousy English.

Iam gone try to explain better.

Prayer of mending is a buff that JUMPs from my part/Raid members and heal abit when they are taking damage.

so i rly would like to keep track of who its on and if its running out.

Hope someone can help me out here thanks

Quote:
Originally posted by Tss
Love this mod alot. So thanks Ozymandius

Have a questing tho.

Is it posible to see prayer of mending as a buff??

I see all my the other buffs i cast on players but no Prayer Of Mending
Weird. It works for me. Have you checked the priest buffs options? Perhaps you should give it an higher priority, cos there is a max of buffs shown.

Last edited by Delena : 12-03-07 at 11:23 AM.
12-03-07, 12:25 PM   #19
Daxxzod
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Premium Member
Originally Posted by lgerbarg
Actually, as my main is a healing paladin, yes greater an regular pally buffs should be separate entries, since they aren't the same thing really. It could be very confusing if I'm told to buff everyone but put a 10 min of salvation on one of the tanks because his gear isn't great or w/e the reason may be. I would want to know whether it was a 10 min job or the full 30. Also if it was another pally that put the 10 min version up I would want to know that it was just that and not mistake it for something else just to have it confuse me. Shamans, druids and priests aren't the only ones that heal. Paladins can make great healers too. And we have a LOT to deal with during raids with blessings...gives me a headache sometimes.

I have been looking for a good raid mod that is pally friendly and is helpful to us. There seems to be a lack of pally love all around. I dont use click casting, i've got predefined key bindings and always have ever since i started playing. Those are in my head. I just want some decent looking frames that shows all buffs whether buffed or debuffed and shows them both, not one until the other shows. I was wondering if this mod would work for me. If it's pally friendly i'll surely try it as I'm a beginning to be unhappy with xperl. I dont want a lot of crap all over my screen. The reason i redid my ui was to get rid of all that but during raid times you sorta have to have a lot of stuff up if you're healing. I hate grid. If this mod is like that please tell me to take a walk.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » OzRaid