10-25-13, 01:38 AM   #1
Bira1891
A Defias Bandit
How to remove the arrows from minimap?

I have been trying to remove teh arrows from the minimap but i cant find out how to do it
If i click on the purple dot 2 times they are gone but as soon as i update a quest they are back.
Anyone know how to make them disappear?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	672
Size:	275.2 KB
ID:	7909  

10-25-13, 05:00 AM   #2
Kreelor
A Firelord

If and when you have a line (or more) pointing to a "goto" location, you can clear them like this:

Move your mouse cursor over your map to find a "clear spot" (an area which is not an icon, an npc, player, etc.) then , use your mouse to <right-click> and it should present a pop-up dialog like this:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	right-click-on-map-to-get-a-dialog.jpg
Views:	931
Size:	468.4 KB
ID:	7910  

10-25-13, 05:46 AM   #3
Bira1891
A Defias Bandit
Yes that work but just as clicking the purple auto track button it reappear as soon as i do something.

I want to turn of auto track completely so the arrows dont show up ever.

I know that it can be done since i have it on some chars on another server but i cant figure out how i did it.

10-25-13, 06:11 AM   #4
Kreelor
A Firelord

Well, I can't get into the game right now because Blizzard is working on the realms. Here's a guess...

Have you tried looking at the Blizzard map or else the quest itself to see if there's a check-mark in the 'Track this quest' box? Maybe it's one of those keeping the goto arrow(s) showing?

10-25-13, 07:41 AM   #5
JimJoBlue
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Something tells me you are using a separate addon for the questing and it's interacting with the Carbonite map.

Standard Carbonite does not put "goto" lines like that on the map.

Look at the settings on the other addon...

10-25-13, 10:49 AM   #6
Bira1891
A Defias Bandit
I am using Wow-pro and Tom Tom and if i turn off wow-pro it doesnt show any arrows, now i must find the setting to make both addons work together it seems.

This happened after i upgraded both wow-pro and carbonite so the problem may be in wow-pro.

10-26-13, 12:31 PM   #7
JimJoBlue
An Onyxian Warder

I can't speak from experience as I don't use wow pro, But it could be because wow pro is using the old calls to the carbonite map. Things have changed from the release version vs the alpha.

Either that or that section of their database has some erroneous data..

It's highly unlikely that there is a setting you can change to fix this yourself.

10-26-13, 02:14 PM   #8
tiburan
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by JimJoBlue View Post
I can't speak from experience as I don't use wow pro, But it could be because wow pro is using the old calls to the carbonite map. Things have changed from the release version vs the alpha.

Either that or that section of their database has some erroneous data..

It's highly unlikely that there is a setting you can change to fix this yourself.
Dito for zygor guides

10-26-13, 02:23 PM   #9
JimJoBlue
An Onyxian Warder

Now, Zygor I do use...

If you disable their "travel system" the problem goes away...

10-26-13, 05:11 PM   #10
Kreelor
A Firelord

Originally Posted by JimJoBlue View Post
Now, Zygor I do use...

If you disable their "travel system" the problem goes away...
I use Zygor, too, along with Carbonite's Beta/Alpha 2.
On my system, both Carbonite's and Zygor's Travel Systems are turned "On" and I do not have the problem with the 'goto lines' as Bira1891 is having. I don't use Zygor's "Ants" (trail), and most things works fine together.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » How to remove the arrows from minimap?