07-24-05, 04:57 PM   #1
Breva
An Aku'mai Servant
Nymbia's Perl Unitframes

Has anyone else experienced extreme amounts of lag while using this addon? I like the look of it and would love to keep it, but I don't think I can stand this lag much longer.
07-24-05, 07:03 PM   #2
Rastaah
Premium Member
Premium Member
Yes, and no response to the issues yet, which is fine, its a volunteer job eh?

If you find anything else let me know, i love them too But, it is true, the lag they cause can be hard on playing.
07-24-05, 07:07 PM   #3
guice
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Originally Posted by Breva
Has anyone else experienced extreme amounts of lag while using this addon? I like the look of it and would love to keep it, but I don't think I can stand this lag much longer.
The lag only happens to me when I'm in a group and it generally when there's a change in groupmate's group status, ie; zone, join, leave, make new leader, change group loot, etc...

It is annoying. It gotten worse in 1.1.7. I've since reverted back to 1.1.6 and while it's a bit better, it's still bad...
07-24-05, 07:21 PM   #4
Kaelten
Jack's raging bile duct

Featured
seems to happen worst to me in situations like the BGs I've switched over to gypsy's for the time being. I've toyed around with the code some and it looks interesting, just something completely different from what I'm used to.

Anyone that needs what they want
And doesn't want what they need
I want nothing to do with
07-25-05, 04:51 AM   #5
Arouin
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Withdrawels might be ending

Perl Frames was my #1 love when it came to custom Unit Frames. Then the lag started and I got a raid killed in BFD and SM all in the same day. So I had to discard the mod.

I plan on going back once the issue is fixed, but in the meantime I've been messing around with all the other Unit Frame mods that are available. I must say, they aren't as nice looking as Perl, but I think I could be very happy with WatchDog or Linoleum as well.

Gypsy was the first one I tried after giving up on Perl, but I had all kinds of problems with it because I refused to get the Gypsy Shell so I only had slash commands to work with.

Anyways, I hope Nymbia gets Perl fixed soon, cause if I get used to something else and it does everything I want/need and then some, I'll have a hard time justifying switching back.

*Arouin
07-25-05, 07:51 AM   #6
guice
A Cobalt Mageweaver
One feature I just can't give up is the target's target. While I might not use it all the time, when I do it's very useful.

I do love Perl frames, too. It's very elegant. All the information in one. Maybe I'll revert, tmp, back to CT or Gypsy until she can get this group lag issue fixed.
07-25-05, 08:15 AM   #7
Syxx
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I've also been using Nymbia's Perl frames and I've had to search for another Unit frame mod.

Took me a while to figure out that it was Nymbia's but as soon as I disabled it. The lagging went away when I was grouped or in a raid.

I've seen Watchdog (thanks to the screenshots here at WoWInterface). But I've never seen Linoleum. Anyone have a couple good screenies of it to share?

To bad the lag is bad in Nymbia's. I finally found one I liked Unit Frame-wise. Oh well. Maybe it'll get fixed.
07-25-05, 09:12 AM   #8
MadCow
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

I love Perl. Are you guys still having these problems using 1.1.8?

If it still gives you trouble I recommend MiniGroup. The latest W.I.P can be found here.
MINIGROUP-Beta

The forums for MiniGroup are HERE

Last edited by MadCow : 07-25-05 at 09:20 AM.
07-25-05, 10:20 AM   #9
Syxx
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Wow, Minigroup is so much more than just a group window now. Very nice! Thanks for the link Madcow.
One thing I do with it had was a target of the target like Nymbia's has. I really liked that feature and am finding myself somewhat lost with out it.
Is there a stand alone mod that will work with all the varies Unit Frames mods I wonder?

Nothing here or at Curse-Gaming.

Thanks again Madcow!

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Nymbia's Perl Unitframes