07-11-05, 04:11 AM   #1
PerryMason
A Defias Bandit
Looking for a particular UI mod (SCT - Still need a bit of help)

I stumbled across a rogue PvP video (Dragrin from Garona) and noticed that he had a very neat font for his SCT. Like me, he has his set pretty much just for his dodge/parry events, however the font is quite different:

http://img210.imageshack.us/my.php?image=uipic0fk.jpg

I'm wondering: does anyone know where to get such a font? I'm not sure if it's a custom job, or if it's a particular mod, or even a different mod from SCT (I don't think it is). At any rate I would very much like to have this mod/change so if you know where to get it (or a UI compilation that has it that I could extract it from), I would very much appreciate it.

Last edited by PerryMason : 07-11-05 at 05:12 AM.
07-11-05, 04:31 AM   #2
Firedancer
An Aku'mai Servant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The font is called Morpheus. WoW uses it to display quest titles in the quest log (and maybe other things too). You just need to modify the font that SCT calls in its xml file in order to use something other than the default game font. Near the top of that file is an entry for the FontString. Just change "Fonts\FRIZQT__.TTF" to "Fonts\MORPHEUS.ttf" and you should see the font used in that video.
07-11-05, 04:51 AM   #3
PerryMason
A Defias Bandit
You are the best person ever. I've been swapping in random TTFs trying to duplicate this, for at least a few hours.

Thanks again.

EDIT - Actually I'm still a bit off. The size and shading and such is not right - SCT displays it very plainly. I wonder if I need to edit more of the xml to get it to display like that?

Last edited by PerryMason : 07-11-05 at 04:59 AM.
07-11-05, 05:31 AM   #4
Firedancer
An Aku'mai Servant

Probably, although I have no idea what properties would be needed to change it other than adding outline="NORMAL" or outline="THICK" near the end of the <FontString> element. I just realized that the pic you linked had an outlined font, hehe.

Ex: <FontString name="GameFontLarger" inherits="MasterFont" font="Fonts\MORPHEUS.ttf" outline="THICK" virtual="true">
07-11-05, 06:36 AM   #5
PerryMason
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Firedancer
Probably, although I have no idea what properties would be needed to change it other than adding outline="NORMAL" or outline="THICK" near the end of the <FontString> element. I just realized that the pic you linked had an outlined font, hehe.

Ex: <FontString name="GameFontLarger" inherits="MasterFont" font="Fonts\MORPHEUS.ttf" outline="THICK" virtual="true">
Yeah, that did the trick. That seems like everything. Thanks *so* much, this was killing me.
09-19-05, 09:09 AM   #6
Atrophical
An Aku'mai Servant
Yep, this same thing was posted on the Discord forums along with the ownage instructions a while back. Good stuff; it's the font for it that I use as well.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Looking for a particular UI mod (pertains to SCT)