05-07-10, 05:50 AM   #1
SangFroid
A Defias Bandit
Addons not working for all toons

For some reason, I cannot get Npcscan and Atlas Fu to work on one of my toons, however it functions normally on my other characters on the same account. I have tried unclicking / clicking on the addon screen, but that did not fix the problem. I did notice that Npcscan text color is different than my other addons.

I have tried deleting and reinstalling with no luck. Any thoughts? Did I somehow disable those functions only for that one toon?
05-07-10, 06:36 AM   #2
Latharus
A Murloc Raider

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I am not familiar with npcscan, but is there a profile you need to load?

Same with your data broker for the FU plugin. Other than making sure all your profiles are loaded I am not sure what the problem could be.

You can make a copy of your warcraft folder and launch the game from there.
try a copy with just those two addons and see if they work on all toons for testing purposes.
05-07-10, 03:53 PM   #3
harrellj
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
When you're checking/unchecking npcscan from the addon screen, at the top it should show which character it is on. Does that dropdown show all characters, or specific ones? The color of the text changes depending on whether one toon or all have a disabled addon.
05-07-10, 04:04 PM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
No, that's the color of the checkmark (yellow for all or current character, gray for some other than current). The colored text means something else - it tells you what in the right-column and/or in the tooltip for that addon.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

05-11-10, 01:48 PM   #5
SangFroid
A Defias Bandit
I have tried manually selecting the addons just for that toon, with no luck.

Are there settings files somewhere in my WoW folder structure for this toon that can be deleted/refreshed, separate from the Interface Addons folder?

It seems like these two addons have been disabled, but only for that specific character.
05-12-10, 03:13 AM   #6
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Within the WTF folder select your account, then your server and you should see character specific folders. You can delete those to reset any character specific settings. I would recommend just renaming the folder in case it doesn't work so you have the option to revert back.

WoW will make a new properly named version of the folder when you log in so don't worry about making a new folder.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Addons not working for all toons