06-02-10, 06:40 PM   #21
Politig
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Originally Posted by harrellj View Post
As an initial caveat, I use kgpanels not litepanels, but had a similar issue with my own interface. If you use /framestack, what is the chatframe behind those raid panels?

Once you know that, can you insert ChatFrame#:Hide() in your code somewhere?
Honestly, no clue what that means. All I know is that LitePanels 1) uses less CPU 2) is easier for dummies at LUA like me . Therefore, all my LitePanels coding is extremely basic. I just copy and paste Kgpanels codes, although I have no idea what it means.
06-02-10, 06:47 PM   #22
harrellj
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
No problem, but check out my edited text, was rereading the thread and noticed that you already had the button toggle code with a chatframe hide in there.

From what I'm reading, that code looks like it should work. The problem is, there is no frame in-game named chatframe. There are chatframe1 (generally, general), chatframe2 (generally, combat log) and chatframe3+ which would be any extras you make when you right click on a tab and say "new chat window".

However, if you don't remember what order you created those windows in, knowing the number off-hand's really not possible. Instead, use the command /framestack in-game. It tells you the names of every frame under your cursor. Find out the number of that chatframe that is being covered up.

That toggle button code you had earlier:

Code:
 OnClick = function(self, button)
		if button == "LeftButton" then
			if LP_Box:IsShown() then
				LP_Box:Hide()
				ChatFrame#:Show()
			else
				LP_Box:Show()
				ChatFrame#:Hide()
			end
		end
	end,
If you look at the magenta hilighted section there, that is the number that you need to insert from /framestack. Does that make sense? Also, from the same post, the text for the actual panel has the parent as just chatframe. Add the number after that as well (so parent=ChatFrame#) and see how it works.
06-02-10, 06:48 PM   #23
Unkn
Premium Member

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
As an initial caveat, I use kgpanels not litepanels, but had a similar issue with my own interface. If you use /framestack, what is the chatframe behind those raid panels? Take whatever number it is (3/4/5/etc) and add that number into Unkn's button toggle code (so it'd be ChatFrame#:Hide()/ChatFrame#:Show()).
Its not working, they are showing when you get a new message... which is driving me nuts. Specifically the combat log showing thru and then restacking weird when toggled back on.
06-02-10, 06:52 PM   #24
harrellj
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Ahh, its the combat log back there. Hrm, not sure why the frame is reappearing on a new event though. I'll let the experts get back to figuring this out :P
06-02-10, 06:57 PM   #25
Politig
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Ahh, its the combat log back there. Hrm, not sure why the frame is reappearing on a new event though. I'll let the experts get back to figuring this out :P
Lol, the problem is that the transparent frame doesn't hide the text behind it. I've succeeded at this using Kgpanels, but I hate KGP more than I hate (insert something here).
06-02-10, 07:00 PM   #26
harrellj
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Transparent frames don't hide elements behind them, generally. That's the point of being transparent :P You are not referencing just ChatFrame but are referencing the specific ChatFrame involved when setting it to hide, correct?
06-02-10, 07:04 PM   #27
Politig
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Transparent frames don't hide elements behind them, generally. That's the point of being transparent :P You are not referencing just ChatFrame but are referencing the specific ChatFrame involved when setting it to hide, correct?
I don't know how to explain it any more x_x
Looking at LUI and Coehl UI, theres a sidebar. I asked how they did it, they did it with KGPanels. I copied their code and successfully create a sidebar thing where when you click a panel (like a button), a clear panel will cover up some of your spells. You can click through that panel and interact with the world underneath it, just not the spells. If you click the button panel again, the spells come back, and you can click them. I'm trying to do that with LitePanels.
06-02-10, 07:22 PM   #28
Unkn
Premium Member

Code:
				ChatFrame1:Show()
				ChatFrame2:Show()
				ChatFrame3:Show()
				ChatFrame4:Show()
			else
				ChatFrame1:Hide()
				ChatFrame2:Hide()
				ChatFrame3:Hide()
				ChatFrame4:Hide()

end
		end
	end,
Is what I was doing, however its not hiding the chat frames when a message is sent. I tried ToggleFrame(ChatFrame...) as well.
06-02-10, 07:26 PM   #29
Politig
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Originally Posted by Unkn View Post
Code:
				ChatFrame1:Show()
				ChatFrame2:Show()
				ChatFrame3:Show()
				ChatFrame4:Show()
			else
				ChatFrame1:Hide()
				ChatFrame2:Hide()
				ChatFrame3:Hide()
				ChatFrame4:Hide()

end
		end
	end,
Is what I was doing, however its not hiding the chat frames when a message is sent. I tried ToggleFrame(ChatFrame...) as well.
Hmm... Hiding the frame might be the only way. With KGP, you just need to create a panel to overlap whatever you try and cover, not try and get it to hide.
06-02-10, 07:29 PM   #30
Unkn
Premium Member

Hiding the chat frames is the only option with litepanels, if you want to be able to click thru to the game world. I however havent managed to get all the chat frames to hide correctly yet. I'll play with it more when I'm not tanking a 25man icc.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » LitePanels Experts