12-28-14, 07:30 PM   #1
SavingSanity
A Kobold Labourer
WoD Map Request

I know that there are addons for this, but Carbonite is by far the best addon that i have ever seen and use. But I really havent played with the setting too much on Carbonite, cause i havent really had game time in my current RL, so what im going to recommend is more so in the lines that it is already not available with Carbonite.

But I do believe it would be a great idea to be able to view Rare locations on the map as well as Bonus Objectives. Again, if it is not already possible with the addon. You dont have to list every Rare in the game where they spawn and such, there is always wowhead for that, but it is nice in WoD to kill a rare to get the loot, and the Xp is a nice boost. Maybe set it up like how other tracking is on the map, or defaultly be able to see them and if that character has killed that rare then make the icon for that rare not visible. I dont know the extents of how far you can go with it, but i do feel alot of Carbonite users would love this ability, and not just me. Maybe include a loot table of what it can drop as far as the blue gear for your class or whatever. Basic info, not too much.

I dont know, it seems like a good idea to me, and if this were to be a future project i would be grateful. The loot table isnt needed, but its just an idea of how far it can go.

Mainly I would like to see this because im leveling my third 100, and I love being able to kill rares. Sometimes having NPCscan isnt good enough and you want to have an all in one addon such as Carbonite.

I know that Carbonite has reduced its size to benefit more players to getting what they want, maybe this could be an addon to the addon. Hunters could benefit from this also by of course pets if you went back to wrath content with it or how ever far back you wanted to go.

Do you think this could be a future project for Carbonite? Can do more good than harm!
12-29-14, 01:38 AM   #2
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by SavingSanity View Post
I know that there are addons for this, but Carbonite is by far the best addon that i have ever seen and use. But I really havent played with the setting too much on Carbonite, cause i havent really had game time in my current RL, so what im going to recommend is more so in the lines that it is already not available with Carbonite.

But I do believe it would be a great idea to be able to view Rare locations on the map as well as Bonus Objectives. Again, if it is not already possible with the addon. You dont have to list every Rare in the game where they spawn and such, there is always wowhead for that, but it is nice in WoD to kill a rare to get the loot, and the Xp is a nice boost. Maybe set it up like how other tracking is on the map, or defaultly be able to see them and if that character has killed that rare then make the icon for that rare not visible. I dont know the extents of how far you can go with it, but i do feel alot of Carbonite users would love this ability, and not just me. Maybe include a loot table of what it can drop as far as the blue gear for your class or whatever. Basic info, not too much.

I dont know, it seems like a good idea to me, and if this were to be a future project i would be grateful. The loot table isnt needed, but its just an idea of how far it can go.

Mainly I would like to see this because im leveling my third 100, and I love being able to kill rares. Sometimes having NPCscan isnt good enough and you want to have an all in one addon such as Carbonite.

I know that Carbonite has reduced its size to benefit more players to getting what they want, maybe this could be an addon to the addon. Hunters could benefit from this also by of course pets if you went back to wrath content with it or how ever far back you wanted to go.

Do you think this could be a future project for Carbonite? Can do more good than harm!
Not now, maybe in the future.

Handy Notes gives rares, chests etc. (for WoD) but combatibility with Carbonite is low.

As to Bonus Objectives they show on the map when u enter theirs area.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite: Maps (Main AddOn) » WoD Map Request