11-13-08, 07:29 AM   #341
russ555
A Defias Bandit
I am having problems with a few quests since i started playing WotLK, because many of the quests now involve a 'pet' of some sort and macraoon does not seem to recognise it and so i cannot use its abilities. I have tried creating a pet bat but it just says "no pet" everytime i get a quest that involves a pet i have to log and disable macaroon

11-13-08, 10:38 AM   #342
dslater38
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Mysphyt View Post
First off, thanks heaps Maul for a great addon--I love the approach you've taken with Macaroon, and it's very empowering. I still have a lot to learn, I know, but already it seems incredibly powerful to me.

I have a sneaking suspicion there's an easy answer to this question, but I can't find it: is there a way, with a paged bar, to make the key bindings persist no matter what the page is? Right now, when I switch back and forth between pages, my bindings get lost. That is, they're still there on the first page. What I'd like is to have a certain key (1, in this case) be the first button on the bar, no matter what page is showing. Right now, if I hit 1 on page 1, Auto Shot goes off; if I hit 1 on page 2, nothing happens. I'd like it if whichever page I'm on, 1 meant the first button's action. Is that doable? Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks heaps.
I also had the same question - is there an answer to this?

11-13-08, 11:52 AM   #343
Feldoth
An Aku'mai Servant
About the keybinding problem - just go into bind mode, keybind 1 to the button on the first page, then left click it to "lock" in the binding. Once that is done go to the second page and keybind 1 again to that page and lock it, repeat for all pages. Now 1 will work no matter what page you have up.

Originally Posted by russ555 View Post
I am having problems with a few quests since i started playing WotLK, because many of the quests now involve a 'pet' of some sort and macraoon does not seem to recognise it and so i cannot use its abilities. I have tried creating a pet bat but it just says "no pet" everytime i get a quest that involves a pet i have to log and disable macaroon
What you need is a possession bar, not a pet bar, these will use actionbuttons not pet buttons and respond to the possess check box or [bonusbar:#] custom state - I'm still working on setting this up myself but when I have a good idea of what does what I'll post a more detailed guide.

11-13-08, 01:17 PM   #344
Feldoth
An Aku'mai Servant
Ok, about possession bars and operating the new mounts and such, this is exactly how you do it:

The reason this is so confusing is because its different for every class, everyone has 10 sets of 12 buttons, these are your action buttons - however when you are possessing a target or if you are a class that has stances (druid/warrior/etc) you get extra buttons to cover those situations. To get a possession bar you first have to either check "possess" or have the custom state [bonusbar: 5] (its always 5 for this). Now you have to figgure out where your bonus bar starts: Bonus bars begin after your 120th button, so 121 is the start of your first bonus bar (for a warrior, this would be Battle Stance) - depending on how many stances your class uses you need to multiply that number by 12 and add it to 121 to find the first button of your possession bar. So, for Death Knights it would be 121 + (12*0) = 121, for warriors it would be 121 + (12*3) = 157. Heres a reference for telling how many "stances" your class has: http://www.wowwiki.com/API_GetBonusBarOffset

Once you have the correct starting button, just create up to 11 more buttons to fill out the bar (odds are good you wont actually need more than 5-6).

Please let me know if this doesnt work for anyone, its possible I've made a mistake but so far this is working for me.

11-13-08, 10:44 PM   #345
erogroth
A Cyclonian
Not sure if I know what you mean. I am a warrior and I create a new bar and check the posses box. but when I grab a kodo for the save them all quest I don't get my action buttons. Occasionally I will get the buttons on my pet bar but not every time. Not sure what is going on with this. How exactly do I go about setting it up like you say. I don't know how to start a bar from a particular button. I am a warrior by the way.

11-14-08, 09:54 AM   #346
Feldoth
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by erogroth View Post
Not sure if I know what you mean. I am a warrior and I create a new bar and check the posses box. but when I grab a kodo for the save them all quest I don't get my action buttons. Occasionally I will get the buttons on my pet bar but not every time. Not sure what is going on with this. How exactly do I go about setting it up like you say. I don't know how to start a bar from a particular button. I am a warrior by the way.
select "button edit" on the minimap button, then on the bar you want to use for possession click each button until it reads "action". Once you have each button marked as Action right click the first one and a little box will pop up, this lets you choose what action button that particular button will be. Set the first button to 157 (this number is for warriors only) and hit the little red button right below the slider (i believe it says "apply") - this will auto-number the rest of the buttons on your bar incrementing by 1 for each button (saves you the time of doing it manually). Now you should be set up correctly, test it out and let me know if it doesnt work so I can see if I can figure out what I got wrong.

Also, if your using custom states, use [bonusbar:5] instead of checking "possess".

11-14-08, 09:33 PM   #347
faile486
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Ok, I read through the first six pages of this thread and didn't see my question...

In WotLK hunter's have a new ability called Kill Shot...Is it possible to set a single button (containing that ability) to only show when it's avaliable? I'm pretty sure I used to be able to do this in Trinity, but I took a long break before 3.0 and can't remember for sure = / I tried 'reaction' but that's only based on whether or not a mob is hostile.

Thanks for any help!

11-14-08, 10:11 PM   #348
Feldoth
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by faile486 View Post
Ok, I read through the first six pages of this thread and didn't see my question...

In WotLK hunter's have a new ability called Kill Shot...Is it possible to set a single button (containing that ability) to only show when it's avaliable? I'm pretty sure I used to be able to do this in Trinity, but I took a long break before 3.0 and can't remember for sure = / I tried 'reaction' but that's only based on whether or not a mob is hostile.

Thanks for any help!
I dont believe this is possible, its one of the things that blizzard intentionally disabled when BC came out so I doubt trinity could ever do it either.

11-15-08, 01:18 AM   #349
faile486
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Wasn't Trinity around Pre-BC though?

11-15-08, 03:00 AM   #350
SilverWyrm
A Defias Bandit
I don't know if this is a problem with the mod or my configuration somewhere, but..
When I first started WotLK everything was working fine, but as of this morning, every time I log out and log back on, half of my bars positions are FUBAR. The only way to fix them is to drag them to the middle of the screen and toggle bar edit on/off a dozen times or so, and they will slowly go back to the right position within the designated little black square.

Is anyone else having this issue? Is what I'm describing making sense? I can get screenshots..

11-15-08, 04:06 AM   #351
Zneeser
A Kobold Labourer
I accidentally removed the attack button of my pet on the pet bar.

I already tried to save a profile on a hunter who still has the button and load it on the hunter with no button, but that didnt work.
I also tried to make the pet bar a normal bar. After that I saved the profile again and loaded it on the hunter with no buttons, but that didnt work.
I also tried to put a macro on the pet bar, but that didnt work.
I also turned the pet bar in a normal bar and tried to put a macro on the empty spot, but that didnt work.
I also resetted the whole UI by deleting the WTF, Cache and interface folders. After logging in with everything deleted the button was still missing.

Is there any way to get my button back?

Last edited by Zneeser : 11-15-08 at 04:21 AM.

11-15-08, 09:11 AM   #352
Feldoth
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by faile486 View Post
Wasn't Trinity around Pre-BC though?
I think the original trinity was yes, so maybe it had that functionality - I assumed you meant recently :P

I accidentally removed the attack button of my pet on the pet bar.

I already tried to save a profile on a hunter who still has the button and load it on the hunter with no button, but that didnt work.
I also tried to make the pet bar a normal bar. After that I saved the profile again and loaded it on the hunter with no buttons, but that didnt work.
I also tried to put a macro on the pet bar, but that didnt work.
I also turned the pet bar in a normal bar and tried to put a macro on the empty spot, but that didnt work.
I also resetted the whole UI by deleting the WTF, Cache and interface folders. After logging in with everything deleted the button was still missing.

Is there any way to get my button back?
The only way I know of to do this is to use /petattack in a macro - this is a blizzard issue not a macaroon issue from what I've read. It should be possible to change one of the buttons on your pet bar into a macro button (button edit -> click button until it reads "Macro" -> right click button -> type /petattack and give it an icon). If you've tried that and it didnt work, try creating a new bar with one button that has the /petattack macro and give it the custom state [pet] or check the pet option, then just position it over where the attack button should be - if necessary you can adjust the strata of one or both of the bars so that the single button is above the normal pet bar (do this if you find you cannot click the button). That setup should work until blizzard fixes the pet bug.

11-15-08, 10:53 AM   #353
crassy
A Murloc Raider
I was wondering about the key bindings - I have a bar that reacts to shift and ctrl to switch to another bar. If i set the bind on the first button to "1" will the first button on the shift bar react to shift-1 and the first button on the ctrl bar to ctrl-1? Or do I have to set those bindings separately somehow?

11-15-08, 11:14 AM   #354
muppetjones
A Kobold Labourer
I'm a little confused about the linking...

I love the addon -- great work Maul!

I guess I"m just not sure how the linking is supposed to work -- is this supposed to be similar to bar switching? Meaning, you switch stances and buttons from a different bar automatically populate the current one?

Here's a visual of what I'm seeing from the linking setup

Setup:
normal: ----
combat: e | f | g | h
retreat: i | j | k | l

No Combat:
combat: ----

Combat:
retreat: ----

And this is what I was expecting to see:
Setup:

No Combat:
normal: i | j | k | l

Combat:
normal: e | f | g | h

Is this possible in Macaroon? What I'm seeing from linking is perfectly obtainable from one bar -- it's exactly what the workhouse bars are doing. But I'd kinda like for bars to switch places, i.e. (druid) when I'm in caster form, my healing spells will be on my main bar, and spell dps on my second. Whenever I switch forms, my healing goes to my second, and the bar for that stance goes to the main bar.

i.e.
caster form:
main: healing
secondary: spell dps

cat form:
main: cat
secondary: healing

moonkin:
main: spell dps
secondary: healing

Sorry for the long drawn out explanation. =) I love the mod, and I have a feeling this functionality is there. I just can't find it =(.

Thanks for taking the time to create this awesome mod, Maul!

Edit: clarification, I know you can do this on a single bar by just populating the bar for the different active states, but since I would like bars to 'move', I was kinda hoping to do it as mentioned above so I can just create a bar once. Thanks!!

Last edited by muppetjones : 11-15-08 at 11:16 AM.

11-15-08, 01:09 PM   #355
SLOKnightfall
A Kobold Labourer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Exit Vehicle Workarround

Here's what I did to fix the missing exit vehicle button problem.

1.After setting up the possession bar, add one additional button.
2. Set that buttontype as a macro.
3. Set the macro to: /script VehicleExit();

Now whenever you get in a vehicle you should get the standard possession buttons and an extra button to get out.

11-15-08, 02:02 PM   #356
erogroth
A Cyclonian
Originally Posted by Feldoth View Post
select "button edit" on the minimap button, then on the bar you want to use for possession click each button until it reads "action". Once you have each button marked as Action right click the first one and a little box will pop up, this lets you choose what action button that particular button will be. Set the first button to 157 (this number is for warriors only) and hit the little red button right below the slider (i believe it says "apply") - this will auto-number the rest of the buttons on your bar incrementing by 1 for each button (saves you the time of doing it manually). Now you should be set up correctly, test it out and let me know if it doesnt work so I can see if I can figure out what I got wrong.

Also, if your using custom states, use [bonusbar:5] instead of checking "possess".
Still having problems. When i am in edit button mode and i click on the button the slide bar only goes to 120. So I can't set a button to 157 I did however create a bar that went up to 156 then created another new bar which started at 157. I made the buttons action buttons and I went into /mac config and checked the posses box. Still nothing.

11-15-08, 05:00 PM   #357
SilverWyrm
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by SilverWyrm View Post
I don't know if this is a problem with the mod or my configuration somewhere, but..
When I first started WotLK everything was working fine, but as of this morning, every time I log out and log back on, half of my bars positions are FUBAR. The only way to fix them is to drag them to the middle of the screen and toggle bar edit on/off a dozen times or so, and they will slowly go back to the right position within the designated little black square.

Is anyone else having this issue? Is what I'm describing making sense? I can get screenshots..
Hm. Seems to be working fine now. Nevermind!

11-15-08, 06:00 PM   #358
digmouse
A Fallenroot Satyr
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Woot, it has been a long time since last time I login, now I'm back to town and Macaroon is part of my life again~
BTW maul: I've sent zhCN and TW locales to you, check your mail soon!

11-15-08, 08:10 PM   #359
speer
A Kobold Labourer
I would like to bind item slots like with Trinity Bars.
So when i change outfits with outfitter for example, that i can see the trinkets i`m actually wearing as a button in the bar.
that was possible with trinity,can`t find that option with macaroon.

11-15-08, 11:17 PM   #360
Azazel81
A Murloc Raider
Just downloaded from http://www.wowinterface.com/download...-Macaroon.html

Author: Maul [more]
Version: 30000.28.1 rc
Date: 11-04-2008 01:32 PM
Size: 246.30 Kb
Downloads: 71,191
Favorites: 575

version of this marvelous-looking addon. But the problem I have is that I can't make stance bar for my druid. Problem is similar to the one t_gun mentioned in previous posts:

"Quote:
Originally Posted by SirSwirly View Post

Step 2: Right click on the newly created bar, but this time click the checkbox next to "Stance" then click the "Buttons" option from drop down menu.

If I have seen any "stance" word in add-on - there was not a problem for me.
But: where checkbox next to "Stance" ?

Show me it, please"

And I am using English WoW-client and would like to know where is the problem. Is the version I downloaded made for non-English WoW-clients or what? (Someone mentioned Russian client)

If the addon works as it is supposed to, then can someone please tell the stupid (= me) how to make stance bars working (because there sure isn't stance option to be checked for me; just stealth, pet, custom etc.). I'd like to make it work so that when I shift forms, the main action bar (Bar 1) is switching for each stance.

I am totally lost in here.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » Macaroon unofficial thread and docs: Feel the World of Macros!