09-10-12, 09:58 PM   #21
theredwolf
A Defias Bandit

Thank you for your efforts. I look forward to seeing what you come up with in the future.

09-10-12, 11:18 PM   #22
tiburan
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Rythal,

I really feel like a douche for not thanking you sooner !
I was fast enough to grab a copy of your (fan)update but i did not take the time
to thank you properly.
I really hope you can accept this thank you though its late but i guess better late
than never.

How things went yesterday left me completely speechless, there is no need to repeat things
all over again as i think "Minnetonka" and many others have said all there is to say about this soap thats going on.

Just wanted to wish you all the best with your new project, which i really hope comes alive.
Also wanted you to know you got my (also speaking for some close friends) support in any way necessary.

Again thanks a lot for all your effort ! This is not just about the addon but about how you made sure a community growed again.

Best of regards.

-- Nick

09-11-12, 12:01 AM   #23
Edrahil
A Defias Bandit

Don't know if you've been in private contact with the authors or not but....

Please don't get too worked up. You did a wonderful job aiding players while we waited for the authors to start their update process. Don't let the drama wear on you. If the authors make the changes they have wanted to make in the past individuals like you will be invaluable to the community when new content comes out. I ask you to please don't get too down since I'm sure the authors are feeling pretty frustrated themselves due to the drama brought about by the average troll.

09-11-12, 03:23 AM   #24
solipsist
A Defias Bandit
To those who are asking if i'll do my own, the answer to that is yes..
Goosebumps

Thank you very much for your update to carbonite, as your version currently is the only proper working version.
I can't wait to see a similar addon build-up from scratch, and we can leave this 4 year old broken addon to be.

09-11-12, 11:00 AM   #25
mgzegz1
A Defias Bandit
Thanks!

Thank you again for the work you did to keep this addon going. I still don't get why they would rather see this project go down the drain instead of giving you dev rights and allowing it to be fixed. Ah.. pride I suppose. At any rate, I will continue using your version and if you ever do decide to develop your own, I would support you 100%. Enjoy the xpac and keep us posted!

09-11-12, 01:49 PM   #26
mserica
A Murloc Raider
Just wanted to give you my thanks. You were there when the official devs were asleep on the job and your treatment from them is astonishing. I also will not be supporting this addon anymore and will move on to other addons from developers who actually appreciate help from their users.

09-11-12, 02:01 PM   #27
Serra44
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Rythal, my hero...

Go make us a map like the Carbonite one (let's just call it a google-style map, so the original devs don't fall over the use of the name of 'their project'), upload it to Curse and make a BIG FAT donate-button so we can all show our appreciation in a monetary way as well. The rest you can do after you're bored of MOP haha!

I for one would not hesitate to donate. And I know that's not why you do it, but it would help make up for some of the time you put into this project.

I already said thank you about 12 times both in e-mail and here on the forums, and I mean it. I think it's disgusting that you don't get any appreciation from the devs, but you know the whole community is behind you on this one and that should make up for most of it.

You managed to pull us all together. All of a sudden the trolls all went back to their caves, the flaming was doused and everyone pulled together to answer questions, locate and fix bugs, translate, help each other make this addon work better than it ever has.

Your hard work, friendly and polite manners and great attitude made that happen. I for one will be keeping a close eye on anything you develop as I know it will be worth it!

09-11-12, 02:08 PM   #28
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
I actually started last night, time is getting slim between now and when MoP comes and it gets slimmer as the guild tries to bang out all the T11-T13 achieves so we never have to look at cata again once MoP comes..

But I ran into a problem... and it's the same problem I always have when I decide to code anything...

I can't think of a name!!!! lol

09-11-12, 02:30 PM   #29
bmtphoenix
A Fallenroot Satyr
Rythalnite?

09-11-12, 02:33 PM   #30
Xcari
A Fallenroot Satyr
Rythal, thank you so very much for the fan update. It works like a charm ! Looking forward to a new and better add on than the current one offered by original Carbonite developers. Keep us posted, please. And thank you again.
Call it "Rythal" - you deserve the honor.

Last edited by Xcari : 09-11-12 at 02:36 PM.

09-11-12, 02:35 PM   #31
aslanruler
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Rythal View Post
I actually started last night, time is getting slim between now and when MoP comes and it gets slimmer as the guild tries to bang out all the T11-T13 achieves so we never have to look at cata again once MoP comes..

But I ran into a problem... and it's the same problem I always have when I decide to code anything...

I can't think of a name!!!! lol
Googlecraft has a nice ring to it lol

09-11-12, 02:37 PM   #32
Tigermafia
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Winner winner chicken dinner.

Originally Posted by aslanruler View Post
Googlecraft has a nice ring to it lol
The name has been settled ROFL

09-11-12, 02:37 PM   #33
Meganbtoo
An Aku'mai Servant
Rythoogle seems better - who wants to be reminded of carbonite which equals fail

09-11-12, 02:38 PM   #34
Meganbtoo
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Tigermafia View Post
The name has been settled ROFL
You would have copyright problems with anything called google....

09-11-12, 02:54 PM   #35
relbanan
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Meganbtoo View Post
You would have copyright problems with anything called google....
Garglecraft.

09-11-12, 03:00 PM   #36
Pennet
An Aku'mai Servant
Rythmap

10 chars

09-11-12, 03:01 PM   #37
LothwenTLU
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
A naming suggestion or two:

Rythalin
Rythcraft

09-11-12, 03:14 PM   #38
relbanan
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Rythal, what features are you planning on including? Obviously the big one is the google-style map.

Personally, I use that plus the merged minimap, and that's about it. I'd prefer to see a map-focused addon without all the extra bells and whistles in Carbonite, stuff that is duplicated by other addons out there. Simpler to maintain by far, faster to develop, etc.

And I like Rythmap. I vote for that.

09-11-12, 03:20 PM   #39
Maggz
A Cyclonian

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
If u read my other post Carbonized seems pretty fitting....

09-11-12, 03:20 PM   #40
Pennet
An Aku'mai Servant
<cough>

I added Rythal's 50407 update to my zipped copy of 4.301, and uploaded it to a popular file sharing service, one that involves eyepatches and wenches and ARRGH! It is indexed and searchable now.

Last edited by Pennet : 09-11-12 at 03:40 PM.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » A Thank you to the community