06-22-08, 05:57 PM   #1
Takoda
A Murloc Raider

Please help

hi there guys im currently trying to design my own Ui thats gonna be slightly different from anything else as most of the keys are going to be bound to a joypad, this is letting me free up a lot of the screen but i have two problems id like to ask for some help with.

My first question is how can i set a texture in Eepanels to only show when i have a target,i should add i have no knoladge of lua or scripting =(..

and the second is how can i move the duribility icon to somewhere near the minimap

thanks for your time guys

06-22-08, 06:26 PM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
1. parent your eePanel to the target frame. For more information as to what that means and how to do it, see the eePanels wiki on wowace.com

2. seeing as your durability man *didn't* move with the minimap, I'd say you are using a minimap addon that allows you to move those frames independently. Check your minimap addon's options.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

06-23-08, 03:32 AM   #3
Takoda
A Murloc Raider

Thanks i'l have a look at that wiki and see if i can get it to work but the minimap addon im using is Pminimap theres no options just lua code =(
06-23-08, 06:53 AM   #4
Takoda
A Murloc Raider

ok iv got the textures working as i want them yay! but im still stuck at how to configure Pminimap to move the durability frame =(

is there any other way to move them besides the minimap addon as i like Pminimap its nice and easy and it works..
06-23-08, 10:01 AM   #5
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
In your pMinimap.lua file add this (it will put your durability frame directly above your minimap)

Code:
DurabilityFrame:ClearAllPoints()
DurabilityFrame:SetPoint("BOTTOM", Minimap, "TOP", 0, 5)
That tells WoW to put the bottom of the durability frame at the top of the Minimap. The 0,5 is x,y coordinates. Adjust to your liking. You'll need to reload/relog to see changes.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

06-23-08, 12:02 PM   #6
Takoda
A Murloc Raider

thanks for the code but it doesnt seam to make any difference... =(

altho if i play about with the code a bit i can get it to move but not to where i want it

Code:
DurabilityFrame:SetParent(Minimap)
	DurabilityFrame:ClearAllPoints()
	DurabilityFrame:SetPoint("TOP", 0, 5)
and it gives me this

06-23-08, 12:15 PM   #7
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
now that's completely not where it should be....

06-23-08, 01:20 PM   #8
Takoda
A Murloc Raider

yea im a bit confused by it...

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Please help