07-02-10, 03:40 AM   #1
MaXiMiUS
A Murloc Raider
3.3.5+ Healer UI?

I haven't played WoW in several months, just getting back in to it now.. and I need a new UI.

I used to use Alekk UI but that hasn't really been maintained.

I tried searching around for a couple of hours, but couldn't find anything I really liked. The closest thing I could find was MonoUI, but the bar positioning and size irritated me. The chat was also somewhat broken and non-configurable, and the general theme (specifically, the random fading lines and stuff) seemed inconsistent with itself and.. well, ugly. Add to that the fact that the author isn't really even interested in working on it anymore.. I just don't want to get hooked in to a "not quite what I wanted" UI that I'll probably end up having to replace.

So.. can anyone suggest a 1680*1050 UI with Grid (or similar) in the center of the screen, with Bartender below that, and targeting info just above Grid?

07-02-10, 07:05 AM   #2
rannel
A Defias Bandit

The second UI you sent is really nice - But my question is to you. Why don't you just make your own ? If you do that you can have it like you want it

07-02-10, 12:33 PM   #3
MaXiMiUS
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by rannel View Post
The second UI you sent is really nice - But my question is to you. Why don't you just make your own ? If you do that you can have it like you want it
No experience with making a complete UI and minimal graphical experience. I know Lua, but don't have the determination to deal with designing, planning and maintaining a complete UI.

I think my biggest problem is how new patches tend to completely break UIs. I just don't understand that, is it really so unreasonable for Blizzard to maintain a little backwards compatibility?

07-02-10, 01:05 PM   #4
littlebuddha79
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Originally Posted by MaXiMiUS View Post
No experience with making a complete UI and minimal graphical experience. I know Lua, but don't have the determination to deal with designing, planning and maintaining a complete UI.

I think my biggest problem is how new patches tend to completely break UIs. I just don't understand that, is it really so unreasonable for Blizzard to maintain a little backwards compatibility?
I used to think the same way, but after getting tired of not having my UI the way I really wanted it, I bit the bullet and just built one from scratch.

If you look at it piece-by piece, it's really not that bad. Looking at the entire UI as a whole to start out with can be very overwhelming.

Just start out with the default UI and with your experience using other UIs and ask yourself a simple question: "What don't I like?" Then go and search through individual addons to find one that improves upon that feature of the UI that you want to make better for YOU. Do this addon by addon, and piece-by-piece and before you know it, you'll have yourself your own custom UI.

As far as keeping it maintained, it's much easier (in my opinion) that relying on the person who uploaded a pre-built UI. All you have to do is look for updates to the addons that break on patch day, instead of waiting for the ALL to be updated and then uploaded at the same time.

Give it a shot. No real photoshop or artistic skill necessary, unless you want to add graphics or textures to your kgPanels or something like that....but it's hardly NEEDED to make for a functional, yet aesthetically pleasing UI.

Here's a few shots of what I've done for myself:

07-02-10, 08:45 PM   #5
MaXiMiUS
A Murloc Raider
I just spent the last 8 hours setting up my own UI. The only thing I'm still not 100% sure about is Grid. What addons/settings/etc do you use in your screenshot? I kind of like yours.

*removed comment about private servers, as they are a violation of Blizz's rules and discussion of them will get you banned from this site* - Cairenn

Last edited by Cairenn : 07-02-10 at 09:54 PM.

07-02-10, 08:58 PM   #6
littlebuddha79
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
I actually use Pitbull 4 for all my unit frames.

07-02-10, 09:04 PM   #7
Ferous
Sheer Sense of Doom
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I sugesst Benea's UI

Benea UI

My Svelte UI is also aimed at healing, per your description, but Svelte uses VuhDo, not Grid.

Svelte UI

07-02-10, 09:52 PM   #8
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Discussion of Private Servers, in any manner other than theoretical, is completely against our rules. We are an Official Fan Site. We follow Blizzard's rules, on top of our own rules.

Threads requesting assistance with Private Servers get locked. Repeated postings get you banned.
Feel free to come back for help after you resubscribe to the real servers.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » 3.3.5+ Healer UI?