08-25-12, 02:50 PM   #141
Stabilo
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Meorawr View Post
I can't reproduce that. If it still persists in the next release (might put it up tonight), can you post back?

I'll also just point out that I'm under no obligations to release on Tuesday, it's just a goal. If there's critical bugs that I can't nail by then, I'll happily delay the release by a day or two to fix them.
The resetting on logout/reload fixed itself with a full addon/wtf clear, i foolishly just copied it over the alpha release first time.

As a general note, fantastic work. I love the new design, even if it is different and I liked the previous one as well. My all-time favorite addon, made favouriter. (Hope duplicating auras/displays is implemented soon :P)

08-25-12, 07:32 PM   #142
SWOLLSMURF
A Defias Bandit
3 Holy Power and Light of Dawn icon

I'm trying to setup an aura that activates when I have 3 or more holy power. I have the trigger working properly, using the unit power set to 60% but I cannot get the actual Light of Dawn icon to show.

When I go to the style section I have 3 options: Style, Positioning, Texture Options/Sources. Under the Style section in the Texture box, I tried typing in Light of Dawn but it just made a completely green box. If I use the spell id the box becomes completely red.

Under Texture Options/Sources I'd expect to find the proper setting but when I click the cogwheel and choose manual, none of the options in the Type dropdown work.

Where do I put the spell id and/or Light of Dawn to get the actual blizzard icon for Light of Dawn?

08-26-12, 04:57 AM   #143
thrycia
A Kobold Labourer
thanks a lot

thanks for u awesome work, POWA made me feel like a good player on cata
I can help u if u want for the french translation, just let me know

08-26-12, 06:21 AM   #144
Stabilo
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by SWOLLSMURF View Post
I'm trying to setup an aura that activates when I have 3 or more holy power. I have the trigger working properly, using the unit power set to 60% but I cannot get the actual Light of Dawn icon to show.

When I go to the style section I have 3 options: Style, Positioning, Texture Options/Sources. Under the Style section in the Texture box, I tried typing in Light of Dawn but it just made a completely green box. If I use the spell id the box becomes completely red.

Under Texture Options/Sources I'd expect to find the proper setting but when I click the cogwheel and choose manual, none of the options in the Type dropdown work.

Where do I put the spell id and/or Light of Dawn to get the actual blizzard icon for Light of Dawn?
If you want to use the spell icon, click your Texture (Display), go to Style, take the third menu (bottom one) that says "Texture Options/Sources" and tick "Use for Texture".

08-26-12, 06:28 AM   #145
Stabilo
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Stabilo View Post
Tried on my rogue (with Slice and Dice) and, sorry for being quite inaccurate, it took about 3 times of clicking both cancel and apply for it to actually save it after you exit the config and open it again. Having a hard time finding a pattern.
Quoting myself. After updating to Beta 2 and reproducing the situation, the problem seemed to be that I've not been pushing enter after typing in the name of the buff to match. While this has mostly been a user error, I suppose it wouldn't be too hard to make the apply button check the text typed to the field whether you pressed enter or not, but of course depends on how the inner workings of the window is coded. I'm sure many others will make the same mistake and wonder.

As for features; Would make sense when you create a new Display "inside a display" ie. a timer, that the timer -display would be automatically selected. Small thing, but helps with the UI flow.

I can't seem to get any timers visible after updating to Beta 2 and re-creating auras. When creating a timer inside a display I get the error: "Error: Interface\Addons\PowerAuras\Modules\MedaData.lua:458: attempt to index global 'self' (a nil value)
Edit: Only the "inline" timers give errors, just creating a standalone display with a timer works.

Last edited by Stabilo : 08-26-12 at 06:47 AM.

08-26-12, 07:14 AM   #146
Meorawr
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by SWOLLSMURF View Post
That's a bug/missing thing that I'll fix today.

Quoting myself. After updating to Beta 2 and reproducing the situation, the problem seemed to be that I've not been pushing enter after typing in the name of the buff to match. While this has mostly been a user error, I suppose it wouldn't be too hard to make the apply button check the text typed to the field whether you pressed enter or not, but of course depends on how the inner workings of the window is coded. I'm sure many others will make the same mistake and wonder.
Yeah, I'll make that change.

As for features; Would make sense when you create a new Display "inside a display" ie. a timer, that the timer -display would be automatically selected. Small thing, but helps with the UI flow.
Another thing I'll change quickly. I'll also change how that list is populated, it'll be a collection of items like "Add Timer" or "Add Stacks" to make it clearer as to what the button does.

I can't seem to get any timers visible after updating to Beta 2 and re-creating auras. When creating a timer inside a display I get the error: "Error: Interface\Addons\PowerAuras\Modules\MedaData.lua:458: attempt to index global 'self' (a nil value)
Edit: Only the "inline" timers give errors, just creating a standalone display with a timer works.
Fixed, I'll put out a quick bugfix release for that soon. Sorry for the inconvenience

08-26-12, 07:24 AM   #147
Stabilo
An Aku'mai Servant
Hope I'm being more help than hassle :P. Not really an inconvenience, I'm mostly just fiddling with things and trying to help out with testing

Bug report: (premise: made an aura to show when Blade Flurry is not present. Added an action to make the aura change alpha when spell comes off cooldown)

Gives a looping infinite lua error if and only if "Ignore GCD End" is selected:

Message: ...Ons\PowerAuras\Classes\Triggers\SpellOffCooldown.lua:80: attempt to compare number with nil
Time: 08/26/12 16:18:34
Count: 1113
Stack: [C]: ?
...Ons\PowerAuras\Classes\Triggers\SpellOffCooldown.lua:80: in function <...Ons\PowerAuras\Classes\Triggers\SpellOffCooldown.lua:48>
:5: in function `action'
Interface\AddOns\PowerAuras\Dispatcher.lua:108: in function <Interface\AddOns\PowerAuras\Dispatcher.lua:93>

08-26-12, 07:26 AM   #148
Meorawr
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Fixed that one too. Thanks

If you want to fix it locally yourself without waiting for an update, change the following:

PowerAuras\Classes\Triggers\SpellOffCooldown.lua (line 45):
Lua Code:
  1. local classGCD = nil;

Change it to:
Lua Code:
  1. local classGCD = 0;

Edit: Not sure if I can release today, my beta installation seems to have broken (locks up about a fifth of the way during the loading bar).

Last edited by Meorawr : 08-26-12 at 07:48 AM.

08-26-12, 09:17 AM   #149
Stabilo
An Aku'mai Servant
Timer bars seem to be malfunctioning as well. It shows up, but the bar stays full, no animation (animation shows in the preview). Tried with various short buffs with no special settings, inverted and not, no change, no error.

08-26-12, 11:48 AM   #150
Meorawr
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
It might just be a config related bug that I've just fixed (I've fixed a lot of things today).

Edit: Uploaded beta 3, should fix a lot of issues. Things that didn't make it in were the 'not having to press enter when saving the dialog' thing, and the new displays being automatically selected when added - mostly just bugfixes instead.

I'll probably take the evening off, not really feeling up to it today. Apologies if any bugs slipped the net

Last edited by Meorawr : 08-26-12 at 12:03 PM.

08-26-12, 06:58 PM   #151
Stabilo
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Meorawr View Post
I'll probably take the evening off, not really feeling up to it today. Apologies if any bugs slipped the net
It's not your job, no reason to do it if you don't feel like it . Appreciate the work so far.

Please let me know if there's anything more I can do to help - I'm not exactly fluent in LUA but I can code in other languages so it's not too hard to figure out. And eager to help in other ways possible .

I'll look at the new beta tomorrow and give feedback if there's anything I find!

08-26-12, 07:05 PM   #152
Meorawr
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
It's not a case of not liking to do it, I just needed a couple of hours of not worrying about how I'm going to get a final release out soon

08-26-12, 09:29 PM   #153
galvin
A Frostmaul Preserver
When creating a buff/debuff aura. Then I go to style -> texture options/sources and check off Use for Texture. I get an error:

Metadata.lua:458:attempt to index global 'self' (a nil value)

Also what is strange is bugsack doesn't see the error at all. I almost didn't see it until I looked at my chatbox. It be nice if bugsack could trap these errors so I can easily cut/paste them. Looks like
you're trapping your own errors instead somehow?

Suggestion for Activation -> Support Triggers. The way this UI is set up it looks like only one support trigger can be active at one time, even though thats not true.
It may be less confusing if when the user adds a trigger it gets added as a tab or some kind of button that lets the user know hey I added this to a list of active triggers. Then they click the button to edit that trigger.
With how slick the UI looks, this part just doesn't feel as clean as some other parts of the UI. Not a really big priority imo but something to add on the todo list for later maybe.

Last edited by galvin : 08-26-12 at 09:45 PM.

08-26-12, 10:52 PM   #154
CobraA1
A Cliff Giant

Power Auras got a complete UI overhaul?

Nice.

08-27-12, 03:01 AM   #155
Meorawr
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Originally Posted by galvin View Post
When creating a buff/debuff aura. Then I go to style -> texture options/sources and check off Use for Texture. I get an error:

Metadata.lua:458:attempt to index global 'self' (a nil value)
That error was fixed in beta 3. Either that or 7-Zip can somehow manipulate time/crack into our repository and revert fixes

Also what is strange is bugsack doesn't see the error at all. I almost didn't see it until I looked at my chatbox. It be nice if bugsack could trap these errors so I can easily cut/paste them. Looks like
you're trapping your own errors instead somehow?
Callbacks are just wrapped in pcalls/xpcalls, since most of them are non-fatal to begin with, but would effectively kill the entire UI until the user does a /reload. You can do a /powa debug for a log however with copy buttons which give the full stack trace.

Suggestion for Activation -> Support Triggers. The way this UI is set up it looks like only one support trigger can be active at one time, even though thats not true.
It may be less confusing if when the user adds a trigger it gets added as a tab or some kind of button that lets the user know hey I added this to a list of active triggers. Then they click the button to edit that trigger.
With how slick the UI looks, this part just doesn't feel as clean as some other parts of the UI. Not a really big priority imo but something to add on the todo list for later maybe.
Hmm, well I did add an integrated tab system to the list inlay. I suppose I could give it a quick shot, thanks for the suggestion.

Edit: I tabbed the support triggers as a small test, I think it could work but there's the issue of overflow.

Last edited by Meorawr : 08-27-12 at 03:40 AM.

08-27-12, 03:50 AM   #156
Stabilo
An Aku'mai Servant
No error when creating the timers inside a display now.

However, I made independent displays for my timers in the same aura to counter the error before, and now if I create an inline timer for a display, it works only until I delete the old independent timer display. After it's deleted, the inline timer is stuck at 99 and doesn't count down.

This only seems to be a problem with auras I created previous to updating to Beta 3 though (tried with 3), can't recreate with fresh auras.

Also, when looking at a displays menu, you changed the Add Stacks, timer etc to be more clearly visible and not behind a sub-menu. I like this change, but there's a weird green square on the left side of each of these links. (I've seen these green backgrounds with other malfunctioning addons that aren't updated to beta, no idea what that's about).

PS, the timer bars seem to work now, not sure if you did anything about it in the latest beta.

Edit. It seems to be the deleting of the individual timer that breaks the inline one, and just deleting the inline one and making a new one of those fixes the stuckness. Go figure.

Last edited by Stabilo : 08-27-12 at 03:55 AM.

08-27-12, 03:53 AM   #157
Meorawr
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
There were a lot of bugfixes in the latest release, one of them was bound to be related to timers and timer bars

If you add an aura and delete it, it might fix any other errors you're getting. It could also make them worse, at this point I'm not sure.

08-27-12, 06:26 AM   #158
Meorawr
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Going back to a couple of raised issues:

I suppose it wouldn't be too hard to make the apply button check the text typed to the field whether you pressed enter or not, but of course depends on how the inner workings of the window is coded. I'm sure many others will make the same mistake and wonder.
Fixed that in the next release. The way the change is applied will also let me apply it to other editboxes if needed, but I've limited it to ones used by dialogs for now.

Also fixed in the next release. In addition, deleting a child display will navigate to the parent display (currently it takes you back to the grid).

Changes I've made to the UI. The Enabled checkbox controls whether or not the support trigger is enabled/disabled. You can cycle through support triggers with the arrow buttons.

08-27-12, 10:37 AM   #159
KysenMurrin
A Murloc Raider
I'm seeing a bug with the Buff/Debuff activation. When I create an aura, go into the Display, and Activation, I see a very long character string in the "Matches" field. If I click on the icon beside the field and replace <Buff/Debuff Name> with the spell I'm tracking, then Apply, the string changes, but so long as I don't touch it the trigger works.

If instead of opening the Matches submenu, I enter the spell name (eg "Rising Sun Kick") directly in the "Matches" field on the Activation page (replacing the character string), the trigger stops working, and also clicking the icon for the Matches submenu returns a blank window and this error message in chat:

Error: Interface\Addons\PowerAuras\Utils.lua:654: [string "Return F+" unfinished string near '<eof>'

I saw something like this happening in Beta 1, and it's there in Beta 3 for me now. Seems like if I ignore the "Matches" field in the main Activation page and only use the submenu I have no problem, though.

08-27-12, 10:40 AM   #160
Meorawr
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
I've made it clear in the next release. The submenu is basically required, the reason being that you can set up multiple OR matches (so you can set it up to activate if your target has either Serpent Sting or Black Arrow active) like this. You could do it in 4.x too, but now you can also configure the extra settings to be on a per-match basis (for instance, tracking any application of <x> or tracking my application of <y>).

Next release fixes it just by making the entire thing uneditable - clicking it will always open the dialog.

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Archived Beta Forums » MoP Beta archived threads » Power Auras Classic 5.0