Cool raid hud

looking for a good <easy to use> raiding hud
04-23-10, 05:54 AM   #2
littlebuddha79
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Originally Posted by didjamom View Post
<easy to use>
Do you mean Easy to Use, as stated (which doesn't make much sense, since HUDs aren't so much used as looked at because they only display information) or did you mean Easy to Set-Up? If you're going for a "good" HUD that is easy to set up....me thinks you will be very disappointed. Most "good" HUDS are "good" because of all the options they have to display exactly the information you want, in exactly the spot you want to see it. They are a lot like Unit Frames. Most are fairly complicated to set up "just right", but the popular and most "successful" are the ones with oodles of options to give you the setup that fits you and your style. The difference between HUDs and UFs are, now we have oUF, which is a framework to build a UF setup for easy install-and-go kind of feel to it. HUDs don't have their version of oUF yet. Until they do, you'll probably be better off going with something like IceHUD, and just taking the time to set up everything to your liking. It will take you some time to get it "just right", but once you have it that way, I'm pretty sure you'll be much happier than settling for something that is "easier to set-up".

Last edited by littlebuddha79 : 04-23-10 at 05:54 AM. Reason: typo
05-10-10, 06:43 PM   #3
Kendian
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Difference of opinion

Actually, there is one, that is the easiest to setup, place, use, tho ease of use is in 'the eye of the beholder', lol. Let me see if I can figure out how to place a link. http://www.wowinterface.com/download...iablo3HUD.html. Anyway, happy hunting, hero~
05-10-10, 06:56 PM   #4
Wella
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Damn, my head spins when I look at more than two lines of text at 2 am.

Anyway, I would with littlebuddha79, because the one thing that tends to separate a good HUD addon from a good UF mod is the fact that the HUD addon will generally be ready for use right out of the box, with several presets (*ahem* IceHUD) and a few simple options to configure the main aspects. UFs, however, require shedloads of concentration, effort and time.

To be quite honest, just get IceHUD, pick one of the presets that you like and fiddle with a few of the basic options if you want. Trust me, you'll get something that works for you without nearly as much hassle as creating your own UF layout from scratch.
* ncHoverBind - I'm a Lock, what can you expect?
* oGlow - Agan, a missing feature
* Recount - Derp
* ShooShards - Another missing feature

"Your idea is good. So i will try it."
- popmissa

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » raid hud