02-21-11, 01:00 AM   #1
marysutpassion
A Kobold Labourer
Unhappy Map area's changed???

OK so since cat came out the map doesn't show areas of where to find items they just show targets I'm A: a girl and B: this is the only game i have EVER PLAYED so call me stupid but i suck at the game without it ... is there a setting I'm missing ???

02-21-11, 03:22 AM   #2
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

Originally Posted by marysutpassion View Post
OK so since cat came out the map doesn't show areas of where to find items they just show targets I'm A: a girl and B: this is the only game i have EVER PLAYED so call me stupid but i suck at the game without it ... is there a setting I'm missing ???
A: Being a girl has absolutely no bearing on the issue. Don't downplay yourself because of your gender. Disregard what people on the internet in general (and in WoW in particular) say about women (or girls, if you prefer) not being gamers.

B: If having problems with carbonite makes you stupid, then welcome to a very big club. I can't think of one single addon with user numbers on the order of carbonite's that don't have thousands of bug reports. That's a LOT of stupid people, if you ask me. Which you didn't... But oh well...

Anyway, make absolutely sure you have the latest version of carbonite installed. What you're reporting sounds like a problem that occurred 2 or 3 versions ago.

If you're already using 4.034, then I'm sure someone with far more knowledge of carbonite than I possess will gladly step in and help you soon.

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn

02-21-11, 09:47 AM   #3
Jigain
A Molten Giant

I have myself experienced plenty of Carbonite issues, and what I can say about them is, live and learn. Due to my experimenting to find solutions to various issues and non-issues with Carbonite, I've become so knowledgeable about the workings of the addon I'm regularly taking time to provide assistance on this forum.

Your issue sounds like, to me, one of the round buttons in your Quest Watch window having been toggled off. The Quest Watch window is where your watched quests are listed, and at the top of that you have a bar with some buttons. Four of these are round, and the left-most of those control showing colored zones on the map for where you have quest objectives to complete. It toggles between green (show) and dim (do not show).

Last edited by Jigain : 02-22-11 at 12:46 AM. Reason: Altered color for better understanding

02-21-11, 08:50 PM   #4
rckann
A Murloc Raider
Right-click on the map and select "Options".
Select "Quest" in the left column.
Put a check mark in "Always show watched quest areas on map"

Last edited by rckann : 02-21-11 at 08:52 PM.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Map area's changed???