01-06-10, 03:49 AM   #1
Maelynn
A Fallenroot Satyr

UberQuest: ressurrect or alternative

For ages I've used UberQuest, and I've always loved it. Most notably were the doublepaned window (even though Blizz has implemented that themselves now) and the Quest Minion - a little window, fully customisable, tracking all quests you checked. I especially loved that Minion.

Sadly enough, it seems that this addon has been abandoned. If I go to its page it redirects to Curseforge, but over there it's labeled as abandoned. Which is really a shame, because it has been horribly mangled by 3.3.

I tried using the default in-game quest options, but the tracking system just doesn't cut it for me. It's widespaced, it's large, it's sometimes barely visible against the background, it isn't as customisable as the UberQuest minion is, and annoys the hell out of me. I just want UberQuest back! *crysobwhimper*

So, here my request.. is there any addon author who would adopt this addon and fix it? Please? I'm sure that there'll be quite a few people thankful for it, other than just me.
01-06-10, 04:29 AM   #2
khurzog
A Frostmaul Preserver

i was in the exact same position, but then i found quest guru, and actually like it a lot better! gl
01-07-10, 03:50 AM   #3
Maelynn
A Fallenroot Satyr

Thanks for the suggestion, I'm trying it out. So far I like it.

I'm not really fond of two things the Guru has, though: it doesn't auto-add new quests to my tracker, and when I go speak with a quest-giver it adds the level for that quest in brackets to their speech window. Happen to know how I can change those things? I didn't find anything in the options panes.
01-07-10, 03:30 PM   #4
khurzog
A Frostmaul Preserver

from the main page

F A Q
====================
Q. How do I turn on auto-tracking of quests?
A. Look in the options for the game itself, not QuestGuru. Under Objectives there are options to set when to track quests. QuestGuru does not duplicate these settings in its own options as it could become problematic and it is not necessary to duplicate options already available.
01-08-10, 10:23 AM   #5
Maelynn
A Fallenroot Satyr

So that's what he meant... d'oh.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » UberQuest: ressurrect or alternative