05-08-06, 04:58 PM   #1
BloodEagle
A Theradrim Guardian
Unhappy I think I am having a major UI problem. Help

Ok, I would like to preface this by saying that while I am not a mod dev, I am not new to addons and have been using them successfully for a VERY long time....

Problem 1)
Since patch 1.10 my main character only, at completely random times, gets booted to the login screen, around 12 times a day. This also happens to another person in my guild, almost to the point that we can time our disconnects off one another. From what I have experieneced so far, it does not happen on any other realm or any alt of mine on Kirin Tor, although my guild member reported to me that one of her alts was kicked 6 times.

Problem 2)
I have a Gnome Mage, and my wife has a Dwarven Priestess that when we sign them on in IronForge, and go to click on anyone, we get critical error 132. No matter how many times those two characters sign back in, it will be the same result. This is happening to none of our other characters. I have determined that if we delete our layout-cache file, and log back in, everything will work wonderfully the entire time we are on those characters, and there is a chance that next time we sign into those characters, it may or may not happen again.

I reinstalled the entire game Saturday, and still having the problems stated above. If anyone could tell me if this is a UI problem or a Blizzard problem, or tell me some tricks I might try, I would forever be in your debt.

Also, ask what questions you wish, I will check this thread and answer anything I see.

My thanks ahead of time....

BloodEagle

What we communicate is as important as How we communicate.

05-08-06, 10:51 PM   #2
speak
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

exactly which mods are you using?

i'd start from scratch, as painful as it will be. delete the entire wtf, wdb and interface directories (or cut/paste to keep them as backup) and play the game a day or two, just to see how it goes.

then install your addons 2-3 at a time and see how that goes.

good luck :|

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » I think I am having a major UI problem. Help