12-14-06, 12:19 PM   #461
Merrickk
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I have been watching this UI and was wondering if there is any part of this working in 2.0, I've not used it in the past, and would like to start playing with the pieces that do work. I'd be happy with to provide feedback on my findings. I do quite a bit of raiding and some PVP (warlock and druid). Also, I am using a wide aspect laptop, and would like to see it's behavior in that environment. 1440x900 res.

Thanks for listening.

Alleria
Righeous-Ire
Warlock Class leader

12-14-06, 01:16 PM   #462
Arkive
A Cobalt Mageweaver
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Merrickk
I have been watching this UI and was wondering if there is any part of this working in 2.0, I've not used it in the past, and would like to start playing with the pieces that do work. I'd be happy with to provide feedback on my findings. I do quite a bit of raiding and some PVP (warlock and druid). Also, I am using a wide aspect laptop, and would like to see it's behavior in that environment. 1440x900 res.

Thanks for listening.

Alleria
Righeous-Ire
Warlock Class leader
TMK, no portion has been released to the public. Also, since that res you mention is 1.6 ratio, it should work no problem.

Also, a question of my own. Should those looking for updates about how the mod is coming along just stay tuned here? There's a couple of different forums you can access in relation to Mazzle on Wowinterface alone, along with a few others that have cropped up here and there on the web.

12-14-06, 02:48 PM   #463
Grebis
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Merrickk

Thanks for listening.

Alleria
Righeous-Ire
Warlock Class leader
Not even we, the beta testers, have seen anything yet. Be patient, perfection takes time...

12-14-06, 06:10 PM   #464
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Tenagra
I think he was just referring to the raid frames letting you know when someone is out of range. sraidframes changes the frame background color if someone is cursed, and also has options to change them for situations like gaining aggro, and i think i remember an option for an OOR check. I'll look when i get home tonight

Edit: I checked and in addition to highlighting frames of people who have debuffs like curses, it dims if the player is OOR.
I don't think that's what he meant b/c he was specifically worried about not being able to click on things when they're out of range b/c they weren't visible. Again, it's a bizarre question. I don't know of any unit frame add-ons that behave that way.

12-14-06, 07:07 PM   #465
Arkive
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Originally Posted by Mazzlefizz
I don't think that's what he meant b/c he was specifically worried about not being able to click on things when they're out of range b/c they weren't visible. Again, it's a bizarre question. I don't know of any unit frame add-ons that behave that way.
No, you're still misreading my question. I was only asking if the frames you were using had any indication (be it by dimming the frame, or placing a hand over them like Blizzard does, etc) to indicate that the person was out of range. I would always expect the frame to be visible and clickable...just possibly have the option of containing an indication as to whether they were within range of my spellcast.

12-15-06, 02:34 AM   #466
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Arkive
No, you're still misreading my question. I was only asking if the frames you were using had any indication (be it by dimming the frame, or placing a hand over them like Blizzard does, etc) to indicate that the person was out of range. I would always expect the frame to be visible and clickable...just possibly have the option of containing an indication as to whether they were within range of my spellcast.
My apologies. I did indeed misread your post. "will the frames show you if" is very different than "will the frames show if", which is what I mistakenly read.

Anyway, I believe sRaidFrames does indeed have a range checking option. I think they've added a function to the API that allows add-on to do that much more easilyso, you'll probably find that function in most unit frame add-ons now.

On a more general note, I'm currently wrestling with getting the hot-swapping raid layouts working again. sRaidFrames doesn't seem to want to grow up correctly anymore. I'm considering switching to agUF for the raid frames since I was planning to switch to that add-on anyway for the main unit frames. We'll see.

On a positive note, I finally completely finished the new button system yesterday. Got paging working well even. I may eventually add a dab-like GUI to MazzleOptions so you can edit your Bongos setup a little more easily. Anyway, a release is getting closer.

12-15-06, 05:42 AM   #467
wowaddict
A Murloc Raider

My apologies. I did indeed misread your post. "will the frames show you if" is very different than "will the frames show if", which is what I mistakenly read.

Anyway, I believe sRaidFrames does indeed have a range checking option. I think they've added a function to the API that allows add-on to do that much more easilyso, you'll probably find that function in most unit frame add-ons now.

On a more general note, I'm currently wrestling with getting the hot-swapping raid layouts working again. sRaidFrames doesn't seem to want to grow up correctly anymore. I'm considering switching to agUF for the raid frames since I was planning to switch to that add-on anyway for the main unit frames. We'll see.

On a positive note, I finally completely finished the new button system yesterday. Got paging working well even. I may eventually add a dab-like GUI to MazzleOptions so you can edit your Bongos setup a little more easily. Anyway, a release is getting closer.
yeah awesome work mazzle *cheer*

12-15-06, 07:01 AM   #468
Arkive
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Heh, yea, when I reread my post that's exactly where I thought you may have made the wrong turn Glad to hear that feature might make it in...definitely nice to have. Good job on getting all that stuff done. I'm curious though, how many hours per day would you say you spend on this porject?

12-15-06, 11:20 AM   #469
123noob
A Frostmaul Preserver

12-15-06, 11:42 AM   #470
Mizer18
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

just made this acct to say you have a lot of people lookin forward to your ui when i first "acquired" it, i never thought of WoW the same anymore, cant wait for your new release.

12-15-06, 12:32 PM   #471
TigerHeart
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by Arkive
Heh, yea, when I reread my post that's exactly where I thought you may have made the wrong turn Glad to hear that feature might make it in...definitely nice to have. Good job on getting all that stuff done. I'm curious though, how many hours per day would you say you spend on this porject?
Well, just to give an idea, most nights I've been working on it from around 7 or 8pm until 5am or so. Most of this working on implementing new things, or reworking addons that haven't been updated (or the updates are not working in some way) and submitting my changes to the original authors (and to Mazzle ). The last week I've spent getting the Bongos paging and button creation system better implemented, and sent that off to Tuller in addition to working on DUF, and fitting in work here and there on some of the Mazzle mods as well (Such as the unit frames, and context menu).

Most nights, as well, Mazzle is up at least as long as I am, and more times then not, still up when I go to bed!

-TigerHeart

12-15-06, 04:35 PM   #472
Tenagra
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by TigerHeart
Well, just to give an idea, most nights I've been working on it from around 7 or 8pm until 5am or so. Most of this working on implementing new things, or reworking addons that haven't been updated (or the updates are not working in some way) and submitting my changes to the original authors (and to Mazzle ). The last week I've spent getting the Bongos paging and button creation system better implemented, and sent that off to Tuller in addition to working on DUF, and fitting in work here and there on some of the Mazzle mods as well (Such as the unit frames, and context menu).

Most nights, as well, Mazzle is up at least as long as I am, and more times then not, still up when I go to bed!

-TigerHeart

Sounds like you both need to get some sleep. We waited 9months for the original mazzleui, we can wait a little longer to get the fix, if it prevents you guys from ending up in a padded room . I've pieced together an ugly bastardization of the original mazzleui on my own. It's neither pretty nor complete, but it'll make due until the real thing is up and running.

On a side note, i think i'm going to order the parts to build a new system with a geforce 8800 and dell's 24" widescreen flatpanel so i can crank up the graphics and see the ui as it was originally intended . Mazz, go ahead and send me a copy of the ui with the efficiency modes carved out...I won't be using 'em .

GL

T

12-15-06, 05:51 PM   #473
BloodEagle
A Theradrim Guardian
I have to tell you both that I am, as others are, eagerly anticipating the rerelease of MazzleUI.

My wife and I have been playing since beta phase 2, and I have been using mods since the day I started playing, and thought my UI comp pretty good.

When Mazz first put up the intent for the MaxxleUI, i bookmarked the page, and have checked it every couple days right up to release.

My wife and I enjoyed the mod so much, and came to love it so much, that niether of us have even logged into WoW since 2.0, and will not log in until the day MazzleUI is released again.

With that being said, I am going to be sending you a bit of cash this weekend Mazz in the hopes that it will keep you healthy and sated so my wife and I can soon again play WoW.

Until then i guess I just keep Betatesting Vanguard.

What we communicate is as important as How we communicate.

12-15-06, 11:19 PM   #474
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Thanks, BloodEagle. Interesting guild or mega-guild or whatever, btw.

12-16-06, 04:26 AM   #475
BloodEagle
A Theradrim Guardian
Hehe, I am not sure if you could call us a metaguild, we just see ourselves as a multi-gaming organization of Nomads, together since Meridian 59 and UO, going in whichever direction the Gods or the best MMO take us

But I do thank you much for the complement.

What we communicate is as important as How we communicate.

12-16-06, 05:55 PM   #476
trickdaemon
An Aku'mai Servant
It seems as if all of the discord mods have been updated by it's fan-base around the forums.

12-16-06, 07:00 PM   #477
Sgmorris
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Thumbs up i love her UI

i check thios form every time i turn my PC on hoping for the Update
cant wait to re use this great UI!!!!!!!!!

12-16-06, 08:44 PM   #478
TigerHeart
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by trickdaemon
It seems as if all of the discord mods have been updated by it's fan-base around the forums.
Actually that's been one of my larger tasks. Me and one other guy (named Mud) have been getting it working. We've both put considerable effort into it .

-TigerHeart

12-17-06, 06:34 PM   #479
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I'm going to be releasing a 2.0 copy to the beta testers soon. This won't be as extended a beta as before, but, due to the widespread changes, I do want to work out any bugs in a controlled environment before a general release.

btw, if you made a donation, please send me the name you sent it under, and I will tell you how to get added to the beta group. Consider it my thanks for your thanks.

12-17-06, 08:24 PM   #480
hellkat138
A Murloc Raider
Having never tried this UI, I'm very anxious to see how it works out. Also very eager to figure out a flawless way to set it up on my linux box. It's beatiful from the screenshots I've seen. Can't wait till its in release.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » MazzleUI