08-11-07, 10:33 AM   #1
BloodEagle
A Theradrim Guardian
Hoping someone can answer this question.

I have searched the forums, and have not found anything pertaining to what I am about to ask.

I am running Vista Ultimate, and it does not like WoW or me. I crash about 2-3 times a day in WoW, and get a BSoD at least once. If this happens while I am attempting to log out of WoW, it jumbles my UI a bit. Everything can be easily rearranged with the exceptioon of one thing. The small box at the bottom where my damage goes, will not show, which causes me to wipe my WTF folder for that character and start from scratch. I have tried remazzifying, chenging some Prat settings, and reloading the artwork, but it will not fix until I wipe my character folder.

Ok, now my question. This last time it happened, and I was able to fix most of it, but for some reason the small casting bars that appear over my Focus target are not where they are supposed to be(right above the focus target) but way up towards the top of my screen.
I attempted to figure out through Discord, or the Timers, but cannot find out what controls them so i can scoot them back into position.

Any hint on what controls these littlew bars would be helpful, thank you.

What we communicate is as important as How we communicate.

08-11-07, 12:48 PM   #2
Malinoric
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

an addon called quartz controls the focus casting bar. There's a config menu for it in the Niagara config menu, which you can access through its FuBar entry.
08-11-07, 01:02 PM   #3
wind82
An Aku'mai Servant
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
As to the crashing you can try these 2 updates.. Released recently from microsoft addressing the various problems with GFX cards experienced by a lot of users.

It comes in two different packs. A performance and a compatibility pack. Install them both

Compatibility

Performance
08-11-07, 02:32 PM   #4
Kierrkian
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Right click the WoW icon and sselect the tab that says " compatibility " then look to the bottom of that tab for a radio button that says " Run as Administrator " then apply and close.

let me know if you are still having problems after doing the suggestions. Also making sure the computer you are on doesnt have intergrated video ( on the motherboard ) would be a good start.
08-11-07, 05:20 PM   #5
vampiricwound
A Cyclonian
Originally Posted by wind82
As to the crashing you can try these 2 updates.. Released recently from microsoft addressing the various problems with GFX cards experienced by a lot of users.

It comes in two different packs. A performance and a compatibility pack. Install them both

Compatibility

Performance
thank you ever so much......and here i thought that my computer shutting down on me like that was due to it overheating (never....ever.....ever get an acer L100) never crossed my mind that it could be video card compatability (because...ya know.....it came with both the vid card and vista on it...heaven forbid they make sure it all works together)
08-12-07, 03:21 AM   #6
BloodEagle
A Theradrim Guardian
Thank you very much Malinoric, that was exactaly what I needed, and moved the little suckers back where they belong.

Kierrkian, I shut off UAC the day I built the computer, and I always run as admin on my own machine, but thank you for the advice.

The winner of the most awesome person on Earth award for the day goes to wind82, for I have already downloaded them and installed them on both mine and my wife's machine (I have Vista Home Premium on hers, which has never had a problem) and I cannot wait to see if I experience any problems today. If I do not, I will owe you a debt of gratitude that can never be repaid. Too much frustration has been had crashing in the middle of instances. Even if it does not work, thank you for the hope you gave me.

What we communicate is as important as How we communicate.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Hoping someone can answer this question.