08-26-08, 04:00 PM   #21
Kaomie
A Scalebane Royal Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by VagrantEsha View Post
whether it's Firefox versus Internet Explorer versus Flock versus Safari versus Konqueror
Safari is based on WebCore and JavaScriptCore which are basically forks from KHTML and KJS, core components of Konqueror. Also Flock is mostly a modification of Firefox code and both share a very close Gecko engine. Internet Explorer is, well, its own thing...

At the end of the day, it is even more of a mess than it started with
08-27-08, 02:29 AM   #22
dafire
Premium Member
i use my own fork of closetgnome... removed foobar/ace stuff and added a databroker plugin :9
08-27-08, 03:07 AM   #23
Olvar
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I used Outfitter for quite a while. Initially I was also using most of the automatic stuff, but got annoyed when my gear was changed as soon as I switched from Tree of Life to buff. So in the end the only automatic change I was using was the mount feature, everything else was on keyboard shortcuts.

I think it was someday during the beginnings of BC when Outfitter was acting up, and since I was already replacing a lot of my addons with Ace stuff I gave ClosetGnome a try. Unlike Outfitter I can change the keyboard shortcuts right in the addon interface, and with the mount addition the only automatic part I was using is also taken care of.

I've never tested ItemRack, but I'm sure it also does well what it was designed for.

My opinion is, use what you like, but especially as a druid you need one of the three.
08-27-08, 03:34 AM   #24
Constie
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I've used Outfitter and ClosetGnome the most, but right now I'm using BaudGear (for switching sets), DressToKill (for optimising sets) and AutoMountEquip (which is a function BaudGear lacks).

I like how easy it is to create sets with Outfitter - it comes with presets for resist gear, for instance - as well as its layered sets, and ClosetGnome's random quips always brighten up my day, but in the end I found them too cumbersome at times. Like, if I want to do the SSO daily in Nagrand with the goggles, I have to create a new set in ClosetGnome specifically for them, or it'll keep switching them out for whatever I had on before whenever I dismount. For me, they assume too much regarding things I want them to do for me, and that leads to conflicts every now and then.
08-27-08, 05:51 AM   #25
Coly
A Murloc Raider
I use Closetgnome, but i wont like having to chag one peice of gear in an outfit, it's easy, but for some reason i always change to gear, then click edit, not the other way around.
ClosestGnome has ammusing comments every time you change too, if you want some lighthearted lols.
08-27-08, 06:52 AM   #26
aastarius
An Aku'mai Servant

I use Closet Gnome but without any of the "auto switchers". If I want to change gear then I action the switch, not have it decide it for me
08-28-08, 09:51 AM   #27
Charvel
A Fallenroot Satyr

You should choose the following:

Outfitter
Firefox
Windows
Rush
Wii
Acura
Desk job
Colorado Rockies
Ipod
Pepsi
Home cooking
05-02-09, 09:14 PM   #28
OldHarry
Premium Member
Premium Member
Okay I do know this is an old thread but I wanted to search to see if there was a discussion about the question I have. I am looking for an add to help with the changing of gear with dual spec. I do not like closet gnome. Gave outfitter a try and for some reason in Naxx tonight it kept spontaneously switching gear on me during fights. It was switching out my weapons for my fishing hat and pole, then it would go to my shield and sword I used as a tank. Now I was being dps and it got very frustrating. I wound up wearing my fishing hat, and using my tank weapon and shield instead of my mace and axe I use as titans grip dual wield. Soon as I could I got rid of outfitter.

I am looking for something stable and from what I have seen when outfitter gets hold of my gear it just wants to play games with me.
05-02-09, 09:44 PM   #29
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by OldHarry View Post
Okay I do know this is an old thread but I wanted to search to see if there was a discussion about the question I have. I am looking for an add to help with the changing of gear with dual spec. I do not like closet gnome. Gave outfitter a try and for some reason in Naxx tonight it kept spontaneously switching gear on me during fights. It was switching out my weapons for my fishing hat and pole, then it would go to my shield and sword I used as a tank. Now I was being dps and it got very frustrating. I wound up wearing my fishing hat, and using my tank weapon and shield instead of my mace and axe I use as titans grip dual wield. Soon as I could I got rid of outfitter.

I am looking for something stable and from what I have seen when outfitter gets hold of my gear it just wants to play games with me.
I had the same issues with Outfitter when I played (Feral). I've been a long time fan of Itemrack, it just worked. It only did what I told it to (keybindings foe diff sets) and never made me wonder wtf I was doing wrong.
05-02-09, 10:37 PM   #30
Dahon
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Been using Itemrack for a long long time. Super easy to set up simple set switches, event based switches ('pre-wrath' carrot on a stick or riding crop upon mount), etc. It also has a fubar plug-in, which I use when switching between specs, or you can set a keybinding for that. Never had a problem with it.
05-02-09, 10:53 PM   #31
Jesamyn
<This Space for Rent>

Wound up switching to ItemRack because of the problems I had with Outfitter not emptying slots properly when switching to a set with empty slots.
05-03-09, 02:12 AM   #32
Dridzt
A Pyroguard Emberseer

<snip>I am looking for an add to help with the changing of gear with dual spec.</snip>
You might want to give this ItemRack plugin a try: IRTS

Note that I haven't tested the plugin myself yet.

In the comment section of ItemRack you'll also find a user script for automating the switch.

Last edited by Dridzt : 09-05-09 at 10:41 PM.
05-03-09, 08:40 AM   #33
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

That's how I handle spec/gear swaps also, using the Event handling in Itemrack. Seems to work really well. The script wasn't hard to setup, just copy/paste what was needed and type in the rest.

The only issue I've found with auto gear swap is due to the fact that my toon is a JC. I can only have 3 Jewelers Gem's equipped at one time, so my boots dont properly swap. It's entirely my fault though, as Itemrack has the ability to swap gear slots in order if I choose. I just have been to lazy to set it up yet, lol
05-03-09, 08:46 AM   #34
p3lim
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
Yep. Because I like ItemRack. ItemRack also allows you to create a "rack" for quick gear changing (basically buttons on the screen for an equip slot with popouts of everything you can equip in that slot).
Blizzard also does this, hold <Alt> while hovering any item slot in the character window.
05-03-09, 08:59 AM   #35
Dridzt
A Pyroguard Emberseer

That's not entirely the same though

ItemRack allows you to put for example your tabard slot somewhere on your screen
and swap tabards in one click for championing (without opening the character frame)
05-03-09, 09:23 AM   #36
Auren
An Aku'mai Servant

ItemRack ftw.
Don't know why, just found its the one I stuck with after trying all.
Shaman [Elemental] - 77
Mage [Frost] - 76
Priest [Shadow] - 75
Hunter [Beast] - 72
05-03-09, 12:12 PM   #37
OldHarry
Premium Member
Premium Member
Great, thanks for the tips will give itemrack a try.
05-03-09, 01:13 PM   #38
elder69
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
ive used both itemrack and outfitter, and ive got to say itemrack 100%. outfitter always glitched for me and alot of the features didnt work correctly, and was always so high maintenence. ive been using the same version of itemrack since patch 2.4 and it still works fine in 3.1
05-06-09, 05:38 PM   #39
PerfectH
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
I've previewed all three, but in the end I stuck with ItemRack. It's a lot more appealing to me for some reason and it has just been working very well.
05-06-09, 09:30 PM   #40
jadakren
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

no-one mentioned salerack. pure win.

since default ui has tab flyouts now, and salerack has a ldb menu...even moreso.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Outfitter vs ItemRack vs ClosetGnome